Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nursing in Australia.

Nursing in Australia.

Old Oct 5th 2012, 2:24 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Nursing in Australia.

Just following on from the NHS thread, the several nurses my wife has spoken to in Australia, all think its better over there, less targets to meet, less beaurocracy, slightly more staff, more time for patient care, just overall better, not saying it isn't still hard work, or that it's easy.

Are there any nurses on BE already working in Australia who think the same, or different?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 6:47 pm
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all
Default Re: Nursing in Australia.

Surely there's some British nurses in Australia on here?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they are not reading the forum between 1am and 5am..
Old Oct 5th 2012, 8:50 pm
Banned

I never thought of that, lol. Cheers.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 9:38 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
Just following on from the NHS thread, the several nurses my wife has spoken to in Australia, all think its better over there, less targets to meet, less beaurocracy, slightly more staff, more time for patient care, just overall better, not saying it isn't still hard work, or that it's easy.

Are there any nurses on BE already working in Australia who think the same, or different?
Well I am a nurse but you don't seem to like my opinion
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:17 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
Well I am a nurse but you don't seem to like my opinion
I thought some said you were a lecturer?
Old Oct 5th 2012, 10:23 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I thought some said you were a lecturer?
I was a lecturer.....I have done many things in nursing.

I currently wok as a clinical supervisor in a public hospital and for a university.

Until Recently I was a service manager in a private hospital.

But, obviously, I don't know what I am talking about.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:05 pm
Banned

At least we agree on something.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:07 pm
Bitter and twisted

At least we agree on something.
You have your heart set on moving....so, it seems, has your wife.....you are obviously only going to believe views which validate your wishes.

It is your life
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
You have your heart set on moving....so, it seems, has your wife.....you are obviously only going to believe views which validate your wishes.

It is your life

No matter how bad nursing is in Australia, the worst it can be is the same as the UK so my wife thinks.
Old Oct 5th 2012, 11:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

No matter how bad nursing is in Australia, the worst it can be is the same as the UK so my wife thinks.
As I said....it is your life and you have made up your mind....so why do other opinions matter?
Old Oct 6th 2012, 5:20 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Surely there's some British nurses in Australia on here?
There are loads, and a lot of similar threads - lots of them aren't online that often. I'd suggest searching the forum for old threads, and have a look in the Nursing forum too. One member who I remember writing some forthright stuff about nursing here is Sugo.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 8:51 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana
There are loads, and a lot of similar threads - lots of them aren't online that often. I'd suggest searching the forum for old threads, and have a look in the Nursing forum too. One member who I remember writing some forthright stuff about nursing here is Sugo.

Cheers for that, I am just trying to gauge a view about nursing in Australia compared to the UK.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 8:58 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers for that, I am just trying to gauge a view about nursing in Australia compared to the UK.
As with every other aspect of life I would assume you will get a very mixed set of views, some good, some bad, some indifferent.
Old Oct 6th 2012, 9:15 am
Banned

Originally Posted by chris955
As with every other aspect of life I would assume you will get a very mixed set of views, some good, some bad, some indifferent.

Lets hope so, any nurses views would be great good or bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.