British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nursing in Australia. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nursing-australia-773716/)

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 2:24 am

Nursing in Australia.

Just following on from the NHS thread, the several nurses my wife has spoken to in Australia, all think its better over there, less targets to meet, less beaurocracy, slightly more staff, more time for patient care, just overall better, not saying it isn't still hard work, or that it's easy.

Are there any nurses on BE already working in Australia who think the same, or different?

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 6:47 am

Re: Nursing in Australia.

Surely there's some British nurses in Australia on here?

Bermudashorts Oct 5th 2012 8:08 am

Maybe they are not reading the forum between 1am and 5am.. ;)

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 8:50 am

I never thought of that, lol. Cheers.

Grayling Oct 5th 2012 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10315176)
Just following on from the NHS thread, the several nurses my wife has spoken to in Australia, all think its better over there, less targets to meet, less beaurocracy, slightly more staff, more time for patient care, just overall better, not saying it isn't still hard work, or that it's easy.

Are there any nurses on BE already working in Australia who think the same, or different?

Well I am a nurse but you don't seem to like my opinion:rolleyes:

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 10:17 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 10315846)
Well I am a nurse but you don't seem to like my opinion:rolleyes:

I thought some said you were a lecturer? :confused:

Grayling Oct 5th 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10315896)
I thought some said you were a lecturer? :confused:

I was a lecturer.....I have done many things in nursing.

I currently wok as a clinical supervisor in a public hospital and for a university.

Until Recently I was a service manager in a private hospital.

But, obviously, I don't know what I am talking about.

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 11:05 am

At least we agree on something.

Grayling Oct 5th 2012 11:07 am

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10315937)
At least we agree on something.

You have your heart set on moving....so, it seems, has your wife.....you are obviously only going to believe views which validate your wishes.

It is your life

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 10315939)
You have your heart set on moving....so, it seems, has your wife.....you are obviously only going to believe views which validate your wishes.

It is your life

No matter how bad nursing is in Australia, the worst it can be is the same as the UK so my wife thinks. :thumbsup:

Grayling Oct 5th 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10315946)
No matter how bad nursing is in Australia, the worst it can be is the same as the UK so my wife thinks. :thumbsup:

As I said....it is your life and you have made up your mind....so why do other opinions matter?

Pollyana Oct 5th 2012 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10315658)
Surely there's some British nurses in Australia on here?

There are loads, and a lot of similar threads - lots of them aren't online that often. I'd suggest searching the forum for old threads, and have a look in the Nursing forum too. One member who I remember writing some forthright stuff about nursing here is Sugo.

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 10316227)
There are loads, and a lot of similar threads - lots of them aren't online that often. I'd suggest searching the forum for old threads, and have a look in the Nursing forum too. One member who I remember writing some forthright stuff about nursing here is Sugo.

Cheers for that, I am just trying to gauge a view about nursing in Australia compared to the UK.

chris955 Oct 5th 2012 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10316367)
Cheers for that, I am just trying to gauge a view about nursing in Australia compared to the UK.

As with every other aspect of life I would assume you will get a very mixed set of views, some good, some bad, some indifferent.

Pit Bull. Oct 5th 2012 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by chris955 (Post 10316376)
As with every other aspect of life I would assume you will get a very mixed set of views, some good, some bad, some indifferent.

Lets hope so, any nurses views would be great good or bad. :thumbup: