Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nursing in australia

nursing in australia

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:54 am
Just Joined

strongbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile nursing in australia

I have a new job at the Royal Childrens melbourne as a paediatric nurse on a 457 sponsorship and just wanted to link up with others who can give information/tips. Also info about renting until we can get a mortgage-
just waiting for visa had meds so planning to be over mid end august.
Strongbow
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 11:01 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nursing in australia

Originally Posted by strongbow
I have a new job at the Royal Childrens melbourne as a paediatric nurse on a 457 sponsorship and just wanted to link up with others who can give information/tips. Also info about renting until we can get a mortgage-
Strongbow
Why a 457 visa

As a nurse you can get PR very easily and, perhaps, save yourself a lot of problems.

G
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Strongbow
try this link out, it should help
http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Strongbow

Hi,
I can highly recommmend the nurses forum which Soapy has given you the link to. Hubby and I are both nurses, going out to Brisbane in November if visa arrives in time. We were going on a sponsorship, but pulled out and decided to go for PR.
I am happy to answer any questions which you may have, if I can!
Claire. x
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:04 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Robbo2
Hi,
I can highly recommmend the nurses forum which Soapy has given you the link to. Hubby and I are both nurses, going out to Brisbane in November if visa arrives in time. We were going on a sponsorship, but pulled out and decided to go for PR.
I am happy to answer any questions which you may have, if I can!
Claire. x

hi, i again am a midwife and was going to go down sponsorship route but decided against it and am waiting for PR. welcome and let us know your reasons for going the sponsorship route?

amanda
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

strongbow is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: nursing in australia

I just saw the job advertised and decided to go for it and see what they said, when they offered sponsorship and would support residency if I applied once in post, I thought it would be a good way of seeing if working life was as good as hoped. Strongbow
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:00 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just saw the job advertised and decided to go for it and see what they said, when they offered sponsorship and would support residency if I applied once in post, I thought it would be a good way of seeing if working life was as good as hoped. Strongbow

hi strongbow

i think many of us have gone against sponsorship incase when we were out there we didn't like the hospital, with sponsorship you would be stuck there for however long you have agreed..............with PR you can simply move to another hospital. However tell us more about you, are you single? do you have children ? etc etc......I'm asking this because if i had have been single with no children (i have 3) i may have been more happy to give the sponsored visa a try

amanda
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Are you who I think you are? If so glad you decided to come online. Just clicked with the username .
It was nice to meet you and hubbby on Saturday. How are you by the way?

I hope you are who I'm thinking otherwise you will be wondering what the hell I'm talking about

Tracey
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,
Are you who I think you are? If so glad you decided to come online. Just clicked with the username .

I hope you are who I'm thinking otherwise you will be wondering what the hell I'm talking about

Tracey

No, defo know who you are. Just looked back at your original post re: where you've got a job. Didn't realise you were going on a sponsered visa.

Tracey
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 8:39 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Have to agree with Grayling, no nurses should come out on a 457.

They had a problem with the threat of surgeons resigning on masse at the RCH but news yesterday that a solution might be found.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems...6/s1399104.htm
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

I'm on a 457 visa, but lucky for me I am defacto on my partners visa...although we've decided that we like the place enough to go PR...We wanted to try bef ore we buy first! he he
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 9:20 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tracey.d
Hi,

Tracey
iv got a feeling we been found
Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kelli28
iv got a feeling we been found

Sorry to hear you were lost.
Old Jun 24th 2005, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Grayling
Why a 457 visa

As a nurse you can get PR very easily and, perhaps, save yourself a lot of problems.

G
I agree with Grayling. Look into getting a PR. You will have much more control over your life/work.
Rachel
Old Jun 24th 2005, 2:26 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
I'm on a 457 visa, but lucky for me I am defacto on my partners visa...although we've decided that we like the place enough to go PR...We wanted to try bef ore we buy first! he he

The problem is that some people who 'try before they buy' then find they can't get a PR visa and have to go home.

It's not that much harder for most nurses to get a PR visa immediately rather than a 457.

Jeremy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.