Nursing in Aus

Old Oct 9th 2005, 12:49 pm
lotte

charlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nicecharlotte is just really nice
Smile Nursing in Aus

Hi! - are there any nurses who have emigrated to Australia, & are now working in hospitals out there?
We hope to emigrate to Melbourne next year, and I am a RGN - who would hope to get work down under. I have heard that its lots better out there, and as I am currently working in the NHS in England - it can't be worse!
Fingers crossed for some good info!
Charlotte
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nursing in Aus

Originally Posted by charlotte
Hi! - are there any nurses who have emigrated to Australia, & are now working in hospitals out there?
We hope to emigrate to Melbourne next year, and I am a RGN - who would hope to get work down under. I have heard that its lots better out there, and as I am currently working in the NHS in England - it can't be worse!
Charlotte
Hi Charlotte

Have you tried the nursing forum on this site?

Lots of nurses on there with loads of knowledge and experience from a nursing perspective. I'm sure they can be more specific
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:16 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

It's here Charlotte...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Welcome to BE
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
It's here Charlotte...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Welcome to BE
Would you like me to repeat it Bixy babe

Crikey....lots of newbies tonight innit ....uumm

Oh...yeh....and welcome Charlotte
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:27 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Crikey....lots of newbies tonight innit ....uumm
Must be our personality magnetism
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Must be our personality magnetism
Wot....ure norf and Im sarf
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:44 pm
Account Closed

I think it's you attracting all the new chicks Bix

Tis that animal magnatism of yours
Old Oct 9th 2005, 1:58 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

I think it's you attracting all the new chicks Bix

Tis that animal magnatism of yours
I know.

I'm just restocking the cupboard I like my meat fresh
Attached Images  
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Charlotte
Hi Charlotte,

I'm not a nurse, I am a midwife and here that amounts to the same thing (unfortunately). I can't speak for Melbourne because I work in Queensland. But, don't expect your working conditions to be any better, or medicare to be any better than the NHS. You will be disappointed. Pay is lower and conditions the same or worse.

However, the lifestyle more than makes up for it (for me).

Good luck

Rachel
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:35 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Charlotte
Hi Charlotte. I'm currently working at the Wesley in Auchenflower just outside the CBD. My hubby is a dual registered nurse too. There is a nursing forum but if you want to ask me anything you can (might not be able to answer it but hey ho)
Old Oct 10th 2005, 12:37 am
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey (in my best mock aussie accent) Bix and Phoenixin oz you both get everywhere! trawling these forums, don't you work???
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meelie
Crikey (in my best mock aussie accent) Bix and Phoenixin oz you both get everywhere! trawling these forums, don't you work???
Lol....we do spread ourselves around a bit don't we [steady tiger ]

This forum was invaluable when I was moving so I like to think I can give something back in return

Now....... go get your fobwatch...... and comfy shoes....... and get back to work!

Pah....you just can't get hardworking nurses these days
Old Oct 10th 2005, 1:31 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Lol....we do spread ourselves around a bit don't we [steady tiger ]

This forum was invaluable when I was moving so I like to think I can give something back in return

Now....... go get your fobwatch...... and comfy shoes....... and get back to work!

Pah....you just can't get hardworking nurses these days
Awww bless, do you think you'll earn enough goody points to get youself a spot in heaven? But I'm so glad you ain't mentioned the uniform. I feel like I should be working in Marks and Spencers in the outfit we have to wear!
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by meelie
Awww bless, do you think you'll earn enough goody points to get youself a spot in heaven? But I'm so glad you ain't mentioned the uniform. I feel like I should be working in Marks and Spencers in the outfit we have to wear!
Who wants a spot in heaven? Not me...too boring....anyway....burnt that bridge a looooong time ago. St Peter aint that forgiving......lol

Is the nurses uniform better here then? I hope you poor sods dont have to wear tights in the hot weather
Old Oct 10th 2005, 2:52 am
Nicest member ( I think)

Who wants a spot in heaven? Not me...too boring....anyway....burnt that bridge a looooong time ago. St Peter aint that forgiving......lol

Is the nurses uniform better here then? I hope you poor sods dont have to wear tights in the hot weather
No the nurses uniform here if you can call it a unform is hideous! The top is blue with different coloured squiggly lines on it. And yes when I wear my skort I have to wear tights as the glare from my lily white legs is toooo much! I have a friend/colleague who is emmigrating over here next year and when she was the uniform she said she would give up nursing if she had to wear it! Thats how bad the uniform is. Oh well I'd better tootle off to work now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.