Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

Old Aug 1st 2006, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

Hi guys, as a spouse on my OH's visa appllication if I want to include my occupation as a Health Care Assistant/Nursing Auxillary ASCO 6314-13 on his application who do I use as the assessing authority? I also have an NNEB and could possibly try for Childcare Coordinator ASCO 1295-11, though I haven't worked in this field for the last 3 years while bringing up youngest child but do have 14 years previous experience prior to this, could I still qualify as this profession is on the SOL. Thanks PARH
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

Originally Posted by parh
Hi guys, as a spouse on my OH's visa appllication if I want to include my occupation as a Health Care Assistant/Nursing Auxillary ASCO 6314-13 on his application who do I use as the assessing authority? I also have an NNEB and could possibly try for Childcare Coordinator ASCO 1295-11, though I haven't worked in this field for the last 3 years while bringing up youngest child but do have 14 years previous experience prior to this, could I still qualify as this profession is on the SOL. Thanks PARH

I didnt know HCAs had an ASCO code.

Is that with NVQ's?

Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:21 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

I think that to claim spouse points, you need to fulfill the same basic requirements for the visa as the main applicant. In the case of a 136 visa this would include the requirement for recent work experience (I think of 18 months) in an occupation on the skilled occupation list.
Regards,
kjj
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

parh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of lightparh is a glorious beacon of light

Yep. It was listed as 'nursing assistant-6314-13' Same thing isn't it?
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:24 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Yep. It was listed as 'nursing assistant-6314-13' Same thing isn't it?
I would assume so.

I use to be a care assistant. Didnt get the NVQs though.

I should think they would ask for NVQs. Ill see if I can have a look to see what assessing authority it is.

Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Dear Professional Princess, Thanks for looking, I'm very grateful for any help, parh
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:42 pm

Dear Professional Princess, Thanks for looking, I'm very grateful for any help, parh

Ive got the Skills list in front of me and I cant find it.

I cant see any beginning with 6 in the code.

I might have got the wrong one.

Give me a sec and Ill have another look.
Old Aug 1st 2006, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

It took me a long while to find to. It's not on the main SOL list it was alot furthur on. It was on the official immi.gov.au sight though somewhere. I'll have to go back through my history on computer to find it again. Just wondered it it was assessed by TRA ? Thanks, PARH
Old Aug 1st 2006, 4:45 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Nursing Assistant Assessing Authority

Dear pp, Found it. Click on web search,enter ASCO 6314-13, results, click on ASCO second edition 1997, ASCO 6314-13 comes straight up. So who assesses my experience etc. I've still no idea!!!!!!!! Perhaps you can tell??? PARH
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:25 pm
kjj
Forum Regular

kjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to allkjj is a name known to all

Hi,
All jobs / occupations have an asco code. I think that to claim any spouse points, the nominated occupation of the spouse also needs to be on the current skilled occupation list, I have had a quick look and couldn't see Health Care Assistant / Nursing Assistant on the current list. I have given the address below to access this. Have you downloaded the book on general skilled migration?

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

Regards,
kjj

Dear pp, Found it. Click on web search,enter ASCO 6314-13, results, click on ASCO second edition 1997, ASCO 6314-13 comes straight up. So who assesses my experience etc. I've still no idea!!!!!!!! Perhaps you can tell??? PARH
Old Aug 1st 2006, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice

It sounds like you are looking at a skilled occupation list from 1997. It is definitely not on the current list.

Denis.