Wikiposts

Nurses Holidays

Old Jan 25th 2006, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Question Nurses Holidays

having had a discussion with the girls in work about working in Oz I got to wondering about holidays. Do nurses in Oz have the same holiday entitlement as here or is it less or are they really lucky and get more!!
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Location: isle of man,british isles,soon to be portland,victoria
linzib is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nurses Holidays

hi
where I work we get 6 weeks annual leave a year, plus all public hoildays off (paid). we also get an accrued day of every month as we work 40 hours a week. If you are a full time shift worker you get 6 weeks, plus the accrued day off, plus double time for public holidays wether you work them or not.
so in comparison its better than the uk 5 weeks plus 10 bank holidays.
cheers linzi
Old Jan 25th 2006, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linzib
hi
where I work we get 6 weeks annual leave a year, plus all public hoildays off (paid). we also get an accrued day of every month as we work 40 hours a week. If you are a full time shift worker you get 6 weeks, plus the accrued day off, plus double time for public holidays wether you work them or not.
cheers linzi

Dont forget the 13 weeks long service leave, after 10 years service, that accrues @ 9 days per year after the 10th year of service.

IE: All "full rotating shift" government nurses, I think the private system as well, get 6weeks and 4 days after 10 years.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jan 25th 2006 at 4:09 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2006, 8:59 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with QLD and you seem to have loads more holidays than I've been told. I was informed that I am due 4 weeks (or 20 days as only work 5 days per week) plus bank holidays and the monthly RDO day. You seem to be quoting an extra 2 weeks to what I have.

Plus I have been employed in NHS since 1989 before coming here in September so anybody know am I due this 10 yrs thing???
Old Jan 25th 2006, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
I'm with QLD and you seem to have loads more holidays than I've been told. I was informed that I am due 4 weeks (or 20 days as only work 5 days per week) plus bank holidays and the monthly RDO day. You seem to be quoting an extra 2 weeks to what I have.

Plus I have been employed in NHS since 1989 before coming here in September so anybody know am I due this 10 yrs thing???

Unfortunately it doesn't carry over
Old Jan 26th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by linzib
hi
cheers linzi
Cheers for the info but sorry for sounding dumb but what are accured days?
Old Jan 26th 2006, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Location: isle of man,british isles,soon to be portland,victoria
linzib is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
Cheers for the info but sorry for sounding dumb but what are accured days?
its just like a day in lieu really. we work 40 hours a week, but should work 38 so 2 hours a week pay is taken from your salary which in effect then you have an an extra 8 hour shift per month which you take as a day off.
I probably haven't explained it the official way, but thats how it works out.
cheers