Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nursery's for kids on Gold Coast

Nursery's for kids on Gold Coast

Old Sep 26th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future
Default Nursery's for kids on Gold Coast

We are heading out to the Gold Coast (Helensvale or Pacific Pines) in January and I want to know if they have Nursery's attached to schools over there. My little boy is 3 and has just started Nursery here and he loves it. Whats the crack with kids under school age? Is it a case of paying for private Nursery?

Is there anybody out there that meets for coffee with their kids for a good whinge/laugh - whatever the mood may be when you have kids that get up at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Cheers!
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice
Default Re: Nursery's for kids on Gold Coast

Originally Posted by honeybob
We are heading out to the Gold Coast (Helensvale or Pacific Pines) in January and I want to know if they have Nursery's attached to schools over there. My little boy is 3 and has just started Nursery here and he loves it. Whats the crack with kids under school age? Is it a case of paying for private Nursery?

Is there anybody out there that meets for coffee with their kids for a good whinge/laugh - whatever the mood may be when you have kids that get up at stupid o'clock in the morning.

Cheers!

The lingo . . . .

On the Gold Coast, we have child care centres. You have to pay and they are in high demand.

In Melbourne, they are called creches and child care centres. You have to pay as well. Then you have council run kindergartens pre-schoolers.

I bet we do everyhting the same as you do. We have coffee mornings, mum's groups, social get togethers, gym classes for tiny tots, baby swim classes and so on.

I found nursing mum's a great way to meet other mums and dads. You do not have to breast feed to join either! We made many good friends this way. The most popular night was when we discussed 'sex when you are exhausted'! A lot of fun and a good laugh. We all learnt, things are the same in most households!

Before you know it, you will be off to Wiggles concerts, Bananas in PJs concerts !

Gayle

Last edited by goldcoastrealestate; Sep 26th 2005 at 2:11 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 2:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

honeybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant futurehoneybob has a brilliant future

Thanks for that.

As you are in Real Estate could you tell me If Pac Pines has a Creche. Also how will the vast expandment of the estate (I've heard Pac Pines is going to double in size in the next few years) affect the schools, larger classes or newly built schools?

Any help or handy tips appreciated.

Oh! and personal opinion - Helensvale -v- Pacific Pines??? I have looked around both suburbs and like them both for various reasons, obviously schools being the highest priority closely followed by decent watering holes.

Cheers again.

Originally Posted by goldcoastrealest

ate
The lingo . . . .

On the Gold Coast, we have child care centres. You have to pay and they are in high demand.

In Melbourne, they are called creches and child care centres. You have to pay as well. Then you have council run kindergartens pre-schoolers.

I bet we do everyhting the same as you do. We have coffee mornings, mum's groups, social get togethers, gym classes for tiny tots, baby swim classes and so on.

I found nursing mum's a great way to meet other mums and dads. You do not have to breast feed to join either! We made many good friends this way. The most popular night was when we discussed 'sex when you are exhausted'! A lot of fun and a good laugh. We all learnt, things are the same in most households!

Before you know it, you will be off to Wiggles concerts, Bananas in PJs concerts !

Gayle
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:38 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

don't know about Pacific Pines, but Helensvale has four kindy's. I think 3 are ABC's and the other is called Young Discoverer's which is attached to the Lutheran Church.

You pay to go to to these, but govt will pay towards it depending on income. If you do a search on here you'll see how this works. There's a preschool attached to the primary. Next year is the last year for part time first year before Queensland moves to the Prep year. Have a look at the Education Qld site for more info.

Someone asked about Pacific Pines yesterday so do a search.

We live in Helensvale but are keen to move out as we like living nearer the CBD where there's more going on. However you'll have everything you need on day to day basis there ie - shops, pub, bowls club, kindy's, schools, swimming pools, take-aways, churches, community centre, train link to Brissy ect.

Pac Pines is newer and a little bit further out. It also has the usual shopping centre.

A big plus for Helensvale is the Westfield opening next month - gyms, big stores ect.

Paul.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nicegoldcoastrealestate is just really nice

Thanks for that.

As you are in Real Estate could you tell me If Pac Pines has a Creche. Also how will the vast expandment of the estate (I've heard Pac Pines is going to double in size in the next few years) affect the schools, larger classes or newly built schools?

Any help or handy tips appreciated.

Oh! and personal opinion - Helensvale -v- Pacific Pines??? I have looked around both suburbs and like them both for various reasons, obviously schools being the highest priority closely followed by decent watering holes.

Cheers again.
Pubs seem to be pretty reasonable in all directions and majority have play areas for the kids. There is always a pub or club close by!

All subs also have multiple child care centres. They even have mini buses that pick the kids up after school for you if you are working.

Gaven Early Learning Centre
http://childcare.com.au/locations/qld.htm - ABC Learning Centres are the biggest in QLD
Helensvale Young Discoverers

Anywhere on the northern end of the Gold Coast will experience strong growth as this is where land is being developed the most and now with Westfield Helensvale, more reason to live in the area as you will not have to travel far to a major shopping centre.

Schools are already large in these areas and will continue to grow as the population grows. In a more established area such as Parkwood/Arundel, Arundel Primary is one of the largest schools in Queensland.

You may like to contact the State MP for the area Robert Poole, to what Labor has planned in the future. [email protected]

Gayle
Old Sep 27th 2005, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

You should get childcare no problem but as a couple of other memners said you will have to pay a percentage and centrelink will help ot depending on income, from the age of 4 you can get prep then preschool places, but these are hard to get in some schools as people are on the lists for years and they are free places.
I am in Arundel and my kids go to Arundel state school, it's only 3 years old and holds 1500 kids, but I couldn't get my youngest a preschool place as theirs just not enough places for the high demand.
Pac pines is really nice, we have friends there and its a lovely area, brilliant park for the kids and nice shopping area, only 15-20 mins drive to Surfers, and also closer to Brisbane, it is getting bigger all the time, but great choice of rentals and decent house prices, the schools are supposed to be good too.
Good luck with the move, it's a fantastic place to live

Lisa

Cheers!