Nursery Class

Old May 3rd 2007, 7:50 pm
Thinking of returning

mattyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nursery Class

Am hoping to move to Queensland with hubby and 2 bubs later this year and am interested to find out about government funded early years education places for my (then) four year old for the year prior to him starting his prep year in 'big' school. I understand there are a few 'Kindy' schools and that day care centres run kindy programmes too, but does anyone have knowledge/ experience of how many hours/ sessions a week are funded if at all or what fees for kindy programmes are likely to be? I am lead to believe kindy programmes run for 2 and 1/2 days a week, but may be wrong. I'm not looking for info on day care per se, but trying to get my head around what to expect for him.
Thanks, Matty's wife.
Old May 4th 2007, 1:29 am
gjs
Forum Regular

gjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud ofgjs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Nursery Class

we are in SA so may be different,but our little boy attends 4 sessions a week for 3 hours a day.Cost is $55 per term.
Old May 4th 2007, 2:01 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

We are in Perth my 4 yearold goes -mon afternoon- 12.15-2.45, tues morning 8.45-11.30, wed all day- 8.45-2.45 we pay $60 a term plus $40 libary fees.

kezx
Old May 4th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

my 4 year old is in private day care, for 3 full days, which are the days I work. I get a % paid direct to the centre from the gov & I pay the balance. He's in pre-school class & is 5 In Nov, so will start prep at state school in Jan.
As I understand it, if you don't work, you can still claim a % from gov, but only on about 20 or 22 hours, which would be 2 full days, as most centres open 7am til 6pm.
I think think is the first year of prep in qld and up til last year, I think the kids could do 5 half days.
Not sure if this helps or not