Reload this Page >

nurse sponsership

nurse sponsership

Old Jan 3rd 2004, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

gordinio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default nurse sponsership

hi there ,
this is the first time I've posted so I'm still finding my feet.Anyway can anyone tell me if we come over on an employers sponsorship and after a few months decide this is not the job we thought it was. What would happen to our visa. My wife is nurse
thanks gordinio
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:09 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Generally if you are on a sponsored visa you have to remain in your sponsor's employment unless you can find another sponsor to take it over.I was offered this myself some time ago but declined because it was temporary.If you are young enough you may as well go as independent.Nurses are fast tracked.
This was how I understood the situation.
Others may know better.
Nurses are easily employable but may have to start on basic grade.
G
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:17 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I am assuming you mean a temporary work visa usually 1-4 years.
G
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Hi there, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I'm 43 this year so I'd probably need to go on a sponsorship to be fast tracked but I don't want to be committed to working full time. I'd gladly do part time, do you know if they allow this ( I'm the wife, by the way). thanks
Wendy
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:26 pm
Bitter and twisted

You can still go on a PR at 43.
The cut off is 45.If you go independantly you can choose how you work once you are there.Nurses usually have no problem.Read the DIMIA website:
www.immi.gov.au

G
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:35 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

When I looked into this the agencies that I approached all stipulated that you were tied to them for 2 years if taking this route, you also had to work a minimum number of hours. I applied independantly and though under 30 had plenty of surplus points to the 115 required, have you done a points test?
Having said that a number of nurses on this forum have taken the sponsored route so they'll know more than me.
Our independant application took about 14 weeks in all. From what I've been told by prospective employers you wont necesarily start on a basic grade, you're paid according to post reg experience.

Good luck,

Michaela
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:48 pm
Just Joined

we are looking for perm residence and not a temp visa. we're going on holibags to sydney brisbane and cairns in sept to have a good look although i Know its not the same . But at least it'll give us a wee idea what to expect. We've got a 12 son who we dont want to end up as boered as that guy on new life down under so we want to move somewhere where he'll have lots of mates and clubs
gordinio
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:48 pm
Bitter and twisted

Hi
Just to clarify things.
If you are sponsored by an employer you can be considered to have broken the terms of that visa unless you stay with them or find another sponsor.Your visa can be cancelled.
If you go on an independat visa you can do as you please.There is plenty of part-time work.
Michaela is right the work may not be basic grade but then you may have to negotiate a bit.You will be paid according to years of experience.
There are also lots of fringe benefits such as salary sacrifice schemes (basically ways of reducing your tax by writing it off against mortgage,rent cars etc..This is a whole new subject).
Check out the independent skilled visa.Try typing NURSE into the immigration website search engine.It will tell you how to start.
Good luck
G
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:49 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by gordinio
Hi there, thanks for your help. Unfortunately I'm 43 this year so I'd probably need to go on a sponsorship to be fast tracked but I don't want to be committed to working full time. I'd gladly do part time, do you know if they allow this ( I'm the wife, by the way). thanks
Wendy

Hi Wendy,
I am a nurse and was initially going to go over on a temp visa through a nursing agency, but decided against this because of childcare costs.
If you get over there and you dont like it and want to come back to the uk, the agency will charge you for their costs/fees/time etc - the contract you sign will formally explain these charges, but if you ring any they will give you a long and detailed answer to questions like these. I was told I would have to pay for anything the agency had had to pay for ie visa charges, a fee for arranging the job and any other 'formalities' - in all about £600. You ususally pay for your anci assessment and flights (cant remember who pays for medicals, that is if you even need one for a temp visa)
As for part time im not sure - I would imagine the financial outlay to the agency would mean they will only offer full time. but, on saying that, you can ring round and check - most of the agencies I spoke to were extremely friendly - they all would bend over backwards to help!!
As everyone else has mentioned, you would be far better applying for permanent residence independantly - that way you can work for who you want when you want. The application timelines are pretty much the same for both visas, and even if you left it another year before applying you would still have no problems age-wise; the age you are assessed on is the age you are when you apply.

hope this is of some help

oh, and good luck!!!

Sue
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

points to the 115 required, have you done a points test?

I've taken the basic internet test and yes we've got enough points is that the same thing
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 7:55 pm
Account Closed

Yes, if you have 115 points you can apply for skilled independant. This gives you permanent residency and a lot more freedom workwise. As Sue said, it takes about the same time as sponsorship route as nurses are being priority processed.
Best of luck,
Michaela
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

thanks a bunch guys thats put the first of many questions to rest
thanks again no doubt you'll here from us again
happy new year everyone
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:03 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

thanks a bunch guys thats put the first of many questions to rest
thanks again no doubt you'll here from us again
happy new year everyone

ask as often as you like!!!!!

sue
Old Jan 3rd 2004, 8:07 pm
Account Closed

Theres plenty of nurses come on the forum, at various stages so ask away!It was this time last year that we decided to apply and we're off in Feb!
Best of luck,
Michaela
Old Jan 4th 2004, 7:12 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nurse sponsership

hi there ,
this is the first time I've posted so I'm still finding my feet.Anyway can anyone tell me if we come over on an employers sponsorship and after a few months decide this is not the job we thought it was. What would happen to our visa. My wife is nurse
thanks gordinio

Hi gordinio

get your wife to or you to look at www.anci.org.au it will tell you how and what is needed for a skills assessment. This will mean that your wife can then register to nurse in oz. She will however have to register in the state that you deside you want to live in but as others have told you nurses are given priority. That makes her extra special. She shouldn't need to have sponsorship look around different web sites from local oz newspapers they have job sections get the names of hospitals and email or call. I have spoken to a few in sa and they have all been very helpful.

Hope this helps

Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.