Ntl

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ntl

Make sure you start your disconnection process at least 6 weeks prior to you moving. They need 30 days written notice. This is from the date they receive your letter and put it in your system.

I sent a letter on the 10 May - which they say they received on the 19th May. So our disconnection is happening 10 days after we move out.
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 3:23 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ntl

Originally Posted by Luma
Make sure you start your disconnection process at least 6 weeks prior to you moving. They need 30 days written notice. This is from the date they receive your letter and put it in your system.

I sent a letter on the 10 May - which they say they received on the 19th May. So our disconnection is happening 10 days after we move out.
NTL are notorious for having shark-like disconnection policies...
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats opptomistic, more like 3 months. We were receiving letters for months. Had to threaten legal action to make them stop. They were going to send the baliffs round , bring it on, its a long way. Anyway I poned the baliff company as the letter had arrived since sending mine and they told me that NTL had withdrawn our debt. It does make you wonder what your credit rating must look like.

Jo
Old Jun 2nd 2006, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by joho
Now thats opptomistic, more like 3 months. We were receiving letters for months. Had to threaten legal action to make them stop. They were going to send the baliffs round , bring it on, its a long way. Anyway I poned the baliff company as the letter had arrived since sending mine and they told me that NTL had withdrawn our debt. It does make you wonder what your credit rating must look like.

Jo
Yeh they sent me a bill for 99p and threatened legal action - it was their fault as they took out the wrong amount in the 1st place!!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

TillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of lightTillyG is a glorious beacon of light

We didn't have to give notice in writing.

We phoned them on 10 Feb to say we were leaving but would still like everything connected up until 24 March (as I was flying back to do some things and needed everything in situ still).

They cut us off on 10 March

I got off the plane at midday on 12 March and so began the laborious process of getting everything switched back on.

And THEN they wanted 30 days notice to switch it off - so I told them to stick it. After talking to about 7 different plebs, I finally got 1 guy who knew what he was talking about and got it all sorted. Well, near enough - the phone number was still active until end April but it was on incoming calls only so no line rental to pay.

They also refunded us a fair chunk for the inconvenience.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

When I first phoned on the 2 May 2006 - the chap said he would get us disconnected for the 13 June.

Then as I had not received anything in confirmation of this I sent NTL an email on the 9 May. They responded saying

If you are outside your 12 month contract period for the service you wish to cancel you need only give 30 days notice firstly by calling 0800 052 9403 then following that up with the request in writing to

Customer Relations team
c/o NTL Communications Ltd
POBox 50
Concorde house
Wythenshawe
Manchester
M22 0BA

Please note we do not accept cancellations via email.

So on the 10 May I sent a letter.
I'm basically having to give 43 days notice - because they take so long to receive letters!!!!

Originally Posted by TillyG
We didn't have to give notice in writing.

We phoned them on 10 Feb to say we were leaving but would still like everything connected up until 24 March (as I was flying back to do some things and needed everything in situ still).

They cut us off on 10 March

I got off the plane at midday on 12 March and so began the laborious process of getting everything switched back on.

And THEN they wanted 30 days notice to switch it off - so I told them to stick it. After talking to about 7 different plebs, I finally got 1 guy who knew what he was talking about and got it all sorted. Well, near enough - the phone number was still active until end April but it was on incoming calls only so no line rental to pay.

They also refunded us a fair chunk for the inconvenience.
Old Jun 3rd 2006, 6:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I phoned them and got some dozy mare who wanted to cut it all off there and then so I explained slowly and she said ok. Not convinced I phoned again, got a really helpful bloke who said it was on the system but as we were leaving the country and so not transferring he would do something else . Told me to guessimate the final bill and pay it before hand and he put on the account details "paid in full and final settlement". End of story. Don't know the guys name sorry folks
Old Jul 21st 2006, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

I just got an email from the couple that bought our house in the UK. They can't set up broadband as apparently there is still a broadband line connected.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL NTL TO CATCH A WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!!!!

When we phoned them (numerous times) and wrote to them to disconnect our service that is what we meant for them to do
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 3:55 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

I just got an email from the couple that bought our house in the UK. They can't set up broadband as apparently there is still a broadband line connected.

When we phoned them (numerous times) and wrote to them to disconnect our service that is what we meant for them to do
Oooh, don't start me on NTL. My MIL decided to go with them before we left(against my good advice) and they have been consistently crap in everything they do.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice

NTL were the ONLY company who could not tell us how much we owed on the day we left. We originally gave them the 30 days notice they wanted, then had to extend the service as the house sale was delayed by a month. In the end it was not disconnected. We tried to sort it out by phone from Aus but no-one could help, so we left our mobile number and told them to contact us if they wanted their money as they were costing us a fortune in phone calls. We have not heard from them, it's now 8 months later
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto us with telewest..... My brother sold his flat and bought mine and has tried about 40 million times to get telewest services in the flat but with no luck.

first they said they were still due money by previous "tenants" (no we were the owners!) so we sent them a copy of the final bill which says paid in full.

their latest one is that we didn't give them notice to cancel so their is still a LIVE connection in the house.... which is bollocks because the tv phone and broadband have all been checked by brother - and have all been disconnected

USELESS!!!!!!!!
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Luma, I gave them 3 weeks over the phone and no problem so far. Told to phone them day b4 movingand they'll come and remove. I say, well if your not here, fu****g tough coz I'm off. Bye
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 8:13 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

complete and utter useless bastards
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:30 am
Just Joined

ljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant futureljpac has a brilliant future
Angry Re: Ntl

I am moving out end September and want to have TV etc disconnected before then. Today 2 August, I have been holding on phone for 90 minutes as I write this and still hearing their hold music with the occasional interuption to tell me how important I am to them. I have been transferred between operators three times, but am still in the homemovers que.
Be warned. When you need to arrange your disconnection, make sure you have at least a day to spare!
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Nikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond reputeNikki has a reputation beyond repute

Well done!!! This was me yesterday, only I gave up after 40 minutes! I have decided to write and send the letter recorded delivery......

Do they collect the set top box? Anyone any experience with them collecting their equipment?

Good luck

Nikki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.