Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?

NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?

Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:11 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?

I commute in and out of Sydney via the Princes Highway/General Holmes and haven't seen one since they launched. Anyone else? Just wondered where they were pitching them.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?

They'll be inside what you thought was discarded coke cans and burger wrappers on the side of the road.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 5:04 pm
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

I've seen 2, a white & a dark red Ford Territory at Gillieston Heights nr Maitland, both with a small sign saying " you've been speed checked" placed just in front of car.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:19 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hutch
I commute in and out of Sydney via the Princes Highway/General Holmes and haven't seen one since they launched. Anyone else? Just wondered where they were pitching them.
I haven't seen any (I don't venture very far ) but there's regular updates on the radio as to where they've been spotted. I haven't taken much notice though, sorry
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:05 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all
Wink Re: NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?

The North Shore Times says they are using 6 new white Ford Territories being run by a private contractor, and that the RTA publishes a list of camera locations which will be updated every 3 months, but the location description might be pretty generic and could relate to a long stretch of road.
Someone needs to invent the Stealth car.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 10:50 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
Someone needs to invent the Stealth car.
Mine comes with a speedometer

Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

My speedo is even set to 'boing' noises when I hit 60k. But years of sitting on British motorways where you are frustrated by the people in front practicing RBA (Random Brake Application) as they drive along (usually in the middle lane) does leave one with an aversion to disco brake lights. When I see the car in front brake, my little brain thinks 'they are slowing to turn or stopping', not that 'they are sitting on the brakes as this little stretch is downhill and will take them marginally above 60, whereupon they will accelerate again at the bottom of the dip in the road'. It means that driving a car here feels like driving a go-kart, constantly switching between brake and accelerator. But I don't want to Aussie-bash, I love living here and abide by the rules. It is interesting though to read the UK papers and see they are removing many of the speed cameras, then read the North Shore Times to see they have these 6 new camera cars, expected to increase to 35 to 40 cameras by this time next year, and raise $137 million in state revenue in this FY. It's an optional tax then ;-)
I much prefer the sedate pace of driving here than the boy racers weaving in and out of traffic in the UK who believed they were playing a video game but in real life.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 11:14 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Lisa and Martin
6 new camera cars, expected to increase to 35 to 40 cameras by this time next year, and raise $137 million in state revenue in this FY. It's an optional tax then ;-)
That is actually something I don't have a problem with here, the optional tax system..
Gamblers, Speeders etc who all contribute extra taxes to enable income tax rates to be keep lower ... for the rest of us

Thank you to all who contribute that extra tax

Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:05 am
Simply happy in Sydney!

LittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of lightLittleKittyCat is a glorious beacon of light

I found this on the RTA website, not sure if it is what you are looking for. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...tions_0810.pdf . We live just off the Princes Highway and haven't seen any, often drive down to Wollongong and haven't seen any down there either.

My husband did get a warning letter from the RTA this morning telling him that he had run a red light/been seen speeding through an intersection, and not to do it again unless he wants more points on his license.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:19 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy
I haven't seen any (I don't venture very far ) but there's regular updates on the radio as to where they've been spotted. I haven't taken much notice though, sorry
Which station. I listen to Nova and they don't mention it on there. Not sure I could stomach listening to Kyle Sandilands just to get the camera locations.

Originally Posted by LittleKittyCat
I found this on the RTA website, not sure if it is what you are looking for. http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety...tions_0810.pdf . We live just off the Princes Highway and haven't seen any, often drive down to Wollongong and haven't seen any down there either.

My husband did get a warning letter from the RTA this morning telling him that he had run a red light/been seen speeding through an intersection, and not to do it again unless he wants more points on his license.
Yea, they're nasty those cameras. I strongly believe they're actually making intersections far less safe now, because whereas before people will go through fairly sensibly, now as soon as it goes amber they slam on the brakes.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:26 am
Lancs to central coast

simnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud ofsimnmax has much to be proud of

Just seen a black one with red stripes at bennetts green nr Newcastle, they all have a black roofrack with 2 black boxes on drivers side 1 at front & 1 at rear..
Everbody is really friendly here, flashing lights & waving to me!!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:42 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen any in action yet, but the Sunday Telegraph helpfully posted these photos of what they look like...
Attached Thumbnails NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?-speed001.jpg   NSW Drivers - Anyone seen the mobile cameras?-speed002.jpg  
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by simnmax
Just seen a black one with red stripes at bennetts green nr Newcastle, they all have a black roofrack with 2 black boxes on drivers side 1 at front & 1 at rear..
Everbody is really friendly here, flashing lights & waving to me!!
If that is the Police doing that, I think they want you to stop

Old Aug 5th 2010, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
That is actually something I don't have a problem with here, the optional tax system..
Gamblers, Speeders etc who all contribute extra taxes to enable income tax rates to be keep lower ... for the rest of us

Thank you to all who contribute that extra tax
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red_V_Roger
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
He was thanking people, not lobbing rocks at big noses.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.