NSW Builders maybe required to make something livable

Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:27 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSW Builders maybe required to make something livable

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?from=storyrhs

Builders slate tough new housing inspection rules
By Linda Morris
February 2, 2004

A state government scheme to improve building standards threatens to raise new home costs and add to bureaucratic red tape, NSW building industry leaders warn.

They say building activity could slow if a new system of compulsory building inspections for houses and high-rise apartments is not relaxed, because there are not enough qualified inspectors.

Under the requirements, all houses and high-rise apartments must be inspected by either local councils or a certifier at the start of building work, framework stage, before covering stormwater drainage connections, and once completed, to prove they are fit to live in.
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:47 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: NSW Builders maybe required to make something livable

Originally posted by bondipom
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...?from=storyrhs

Builders slate tough new housing inspection rules
By Linda Morris
February 2, 2004

A state government scheme to improve building standards threatens to raise new home costs and add to bureaucratic red tape, NSW building industry leaders warn.

They say building activity could slow if a new system of compulsory building inspections for houses and high-rise apartments is not relaxed, because there are not enough qualified inspectors.

Under the requirements, all houses and high-rise apartments must be inspected by either local councils or a certifier at the start of building work, framework stage, before covering stormwater drainage connections, and once completed, to prove they are fit to live in.
Here in QLD they inspect ,(engineer certified - they do four inspections from footings/slab through to the final completion) footings first , then slab stage, then frame stage, then a final inspection.

I had a statement of Inspections from my local council sent to me soon after my house was finished with the list and date of when they held their inspections.

And after all that - houses are still cr*p quality here
Old Feb 1st 2004, 4:48 pm

Originally posted by Ceri
Here in QLD they inspect ,(engineer certified - they do four inspections from footings/slab through to the final completion) footings first , then slab stage, then frame stage, then a final inspection.

I had a statement of Inspections from my local council sent to me soon after my house was finished with the list and date of when they held their inspections.

How many Mr 10%s?
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:12 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ceri

Essentialy though, the inspection process is the same as in the UK !
Old Feb 1st 2004, 8:19 pm

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Essentialy though, the inspection process is the same as in the UK !
UK housing seems to be built to a much higher standard. There is something rotten about the whole building industry from original approvals to final certification. There was a Royal Commission recently that seemed to be concentrating on corruption and bullying on nearly everyone involved in the industry.

Just looking at the toaster at circular quay makes you wonder about the corruption.

If the judge in charge of the commission is not knocked off the findings will be interesting.