Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Nowhere stranger than Nundle...

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:09 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

POsted it before, but here it is again...

This where Mr B and I spent the first 3 months of our lives together. Living on a bus. It did have carpet, electricity and a wood-burning stove though, so not all bad!!!
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-nundle.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:10 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Silly goat, they are wethers!

LOL!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:11 am
She's a bird, you know

This was my stove for cooking for 120 people every night. On my own. In 45 degree heat.
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-camp-ovens.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:33 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Cool pics!

Carry on

Now I'm off to do some work. It's 10.30 and I started at 8, so it's about time
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:40 am
She's a bird, you know

Nearest city to Nundle is Tamworth, Country Music Capital of Australiasia. ANd here's the proof...
Attached Thumbnails Nowhere stranger than Nundle...-guitar.jpg  
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:42 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by jeannie
Dont know if anycares... but this is the most interesting thread ever... The pictures are great...........how i long to be 30 again lol...............
Jeannie, you are one sick woman LOL. Not sure exactly how anything in this thread is interesting apart from to Bundy & myself, but I do agree with being 30 again. Ohh no, hang on, I would be dagboyless, I'll pass! rather be 39 & have him than be any age younger & not have him .

I'll have to check to see what other pics I have, not too many I wouldnt think, most of them are almost 20 years old & havent weathered too well, or been lost in my many moves. But Im sure my mum had a few from out there, I'll see if I can find them in the huge pile that were hers.

Or what about really old pics of living in the country. Ive got heaps of them from when mum & dad were young, so 60-80 years ago, that I could bore you senseless with .

See what positive encouragement can do? :scared: LOL
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:45 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Jeannie, you are one sick woman LOL. Not sure exactly how anything in this thread is interesting apart from to Bundy & myself, but I do agree with being 30 again. Ohh no, hang on, I would be dagboyless, I'll pass! rather be 39 & have him than be any age younger & not have him .

I'll have to check to see what other pics I have, not too many I wouldnt think, most of them are almost 20 years old & havent weathered too well, or been lost in my many moves. But Im sure my mum had a few from out there, I'll see if I can find them in the huge pile that were hers.

Or what about really old pics of living in the country. Ive got heaps of them from when mum & dad were young, so 60-80 years ago, that I could bore you senseless with .

See what positive encouragement can do? :scared: LOL
Go on MrsDB, bore away. You know we (I) love it!!!

I haven't reached 30 yet, but I'd like to be 22 again, the year I met Mr B and lived in Nundle.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:47 am
Badge

what are you 2 waffling on about. My cricket team was frightfully English. None could ball straight, noone could catch, in fact noone could catch a cold.

And Bundy stop trying to get all the glory with your outback tales.
(Sniff). Nice mansion though. I like all your posh stories.

Badge

:lecture:

( )

I know Sandhurst and Camberley quite well.....

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 7:49 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by badgersmount
what are you 2 waffling on about. My cricket team was frightfully English. None could ball straight, noone could catch, in fact noone could catch a cold.

And Bundy stop trying to get all the glory with your outback tales.
(Sniff). Nice mansion though. I like all your posh stories.

Badge

:lecture:

( )

I know Sandhurst and Camberley quite well.....
Come on then Badge, give us some of your tales - I know you have them....

That's the third time I've been accused of being posh this week. What's going on??!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:03 am
Badge

Bundy, all blokes like a bit of posh totty. I had you sussed within days.
;-)

I wrote a ''book'' when I returned from Straya - 80K words. Might even post extracts from the farming and outback chapters!!

Of course, its a page or two of A4, and several thousand pages of "FIGJAM and yadda yadda".

Badge

FIGJAM - ***** I'm Good Just Ask Me

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:07 am
She's a bird, you know

Bundy, all blokes like a bit of posh totty. I had you sussed within days.
;-)

I wrote a ''book'' when I returned from Straya - 80K words. Might even post extracts from the farming and outback chapters!!

Of course, its a page or two of A4, and several thousand pages of "FIGJAM and yadda yadda".

Badge

FIGJAM - ***** I'm Good Just Ask Me
OK, I'll carry on being *posh* then...

I know you wrote a book - I've read it, remember! This is how I know you have tales to tell. And you should post extracts because it's good. I wrote bits and pieces about my time out there but didn't get far with it and it's not up to much as it is!

FIGJAM is in constant use in our house because noone else ever knows what we're talking about...
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:12 am
Badge

Originally posted by bundy
OK, I'll carry on being *posh* then...

I know you wrote a book - I've read it, remember! This is how I know you have tales to tell. And you should post extracts because it's good. I wrote bits and pieces about my time out there but didn't get far with it and it's not up to much as it is!

FIGJAM is in constant use in our house because noone else ever knows what we're talking about...
bloody hell Bundster. I know a few people have seen it. eg pollyanna, petey. Forgot you did. If I ever posted it, I would be acused of all sorts of stuff, like writing with rose tinted glasses for the pommy tourist...but that was deliberate and is very much poetic license.

Did you seriously like it? People seem to find it an easy read.

BM

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:14 am
She's a bird, you know

bloody hell Bundster. I know a few people have seen it. eg pollyanna, petey. Forgot you did. If I ever posted it, I would be acused of all sorts of stuff, like writing with rose tinted glasses for the pommy tourist...but that was deliberate and is very much poetic license.

Did you seriously like it? People seem to find it an easy read.

BM

I did indeed like it. I read it at work when I had nothing to do but sit here in the office and look busy - it was great, looked like I was proof-reading some vast document!

I don't think it's rose-tinted at all, just a good account of the kinds of things travellers to Oz can do if they put in a bit of effort and get out of the big cities.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:20 am
Badge

Originally posted by bundy
I did indeed like it. I read it at work when I had nothing to do but sit here in the office and look busy - it was great, looked like I was proof-reading some vast document!

I don't think it's rose-tinted at all, just a good account of the kinds of things travellers to Oz can do if they put in a bit of effort and get out of the big cities.
No No you've exposed me to be a common BACKPACKER after all(!)..

....yeah I did a fair bit of travelling and ''got around'' Straya but for the most part I was doing fairly normal Australian things...

BM

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:22 am
She's a bird, you know

No No you've exposed me to be a common BACKPACKER after all(!)..

....yeah I did a fair bit of travelling and ''got around'' Straya but for the most part I was doing fairly normal Australian things...

BM
Ahh, but I didn't use the word backpacker...traveller is a totally different thing in my view, and far more worthy than a backpacker. I know what you mean though - it's good to get out there and experience of a bit of the aussie lifestyle. Not many people get to do it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.