Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Now I really am worried....

Wikiposts

Now I really am worried....

Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:36 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Hiya lindsey,

I hope the sale goes through, you could move into rented accomodation for the time being 7 invest the money etc.

On the meds front, don't wait for them to be requested, get them done after your police check comes through and then send them off before thay are requested. That way they are with DIMA and the decision will come through sooner.

I'm going other way, we've been out looking at another house closer to my work and it looks like we will buy that as well.

Bye
Mark
Old Jun 21st 2004, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by markeh
Hiya lindsey,

I hope the sale goes through, you could move into rented accomodation for the time being 7 invest the money etc.

On the meds front, don't wait for them to be requested, get them done after your police check comes through and then send them off before thay are requested. That way they are with DIMA and the decision will come through sooner.

I'm going other way, we've been out looking at another house closer to my work and it looks like we will buy that as well.

Bye
Mark
Hi Mark

We had our meds done last week and I sent PC's today.

Why are buying another house are you not emigrating?

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:06 am
BE Enthusiast

lindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the roughlindseyden is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by lindseyden
Hi Mark

We had our meds done last week and I sent PC's today.

Why are buying another house are you not emigrating?

Lindsey
Ok! it's done, I've accepted the offer,

please Mr postman bring on the yellow envelope!!!

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

gordys is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats - great feeling. You won't regret this on receipt of your visa.

Originally posted by lindseyden
Ok! it's done, I've accepted the offer,

please Mr postman bring on the yellow envelope!!!

Lindsey
Old Jun 21st 2004, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

It was our first viewer today that gave the impression she was going to offer...............when the estate agent came for the later viewing she said `Oh Tom is going to ring you in a minute, i will remind him when I get back to the office`
That was at 5pm last night.........still no word!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 10:21 pm
Now in Mandurah

Pauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the roughPauline is a jewel in the rough

Don`t estate agents just P##s you off.

Good luck Sandra...

Pauline and John
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

Update!!!

Mick has spoken to the manager at the estate agents.
Apparently the lady has a flat to look at in the guildford area. She really liked our house and asked me when we wanted to move. I said around the end of August (pending arrival of visas DIMIA please note!!!)

It appears she has sold her house, but lost the one she was buting and is completing in 2 weeks.

Mick has advised agents that if the price is right we will go into rented accomodation!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Like where???????????
someone at work suggested a caravan park at southsea...........said the kids would enjoy it.
How do I get 4 adults, and 14 years of my houe in a bloody caravan!!!!
Old Jun 21st 2004, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

kirsten is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Update!!!

Mick has spoken to the manager at the estate agents.
Apparently the lady has a flat to look at in the guildford area. She really liked our house and asked me when we wanted to move. I said around the end of August (pending arrival of visas DIMIA please note!!!)

It appears she has sold her house, but lost the one she was buting and is completing in 2 weeks.

Mick has advised agents that if the price is right we will go into rented accomodation!!!!!!!!!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!
Like where???????????
someone at work suggested a caravan park at southsea...........said the kids would enjoy it.
How do I get 4 adults, and 14 years of my houe in a bloody caravan!!!!
DO IT!!!!

Something will definitely turn up. When we sold our house back in February, our purchasers had to get out of their house 2 weeks before Xmas. We told them we could also move quickly because we going into rented accomodation. However, variouse things went wrong with surveys etc so they had to live in a caravan over Xmas.
YOu could be really naughty if you had to....you could say you can complete in 2 weeks but the reality is that once they have started getting surveys and searches, how likely are they to pull out?

DO IT!! Renting isnt that bad. Alot of our stuff is in a lock up garage miles away from the house!!

Good luck
Kirsten
Old Jun 22nd 2004, 5:43 am
NZ or Bust!

Sazzle is an unknown quantity at this point

erm..
have we all forgotten that it can take months to exchange/complete.

So, accept, dont panic.