now a aussie

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice
Default now a aussie

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I go to the uk on my uk passport now that I am a Australian citizen, because I may have to go back to the uk on short notice and want to be able to get back in the country.

I have been told that you can up to the five years is up on your visa, but I am thinking that my 136 visa is void now that I am a citizen.

Also any idea on the timeline of getting a passport , many thanks Paul
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: now a aussie

yes you can BUT when i flew to uk on my british passport they pulled me in an office and said i can never come back in on a british passport, i would need an aussie one...
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by rangersman2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can I go to the uk on my uk passport now that I am a Australian citizen, because I may have to go back to the uk on short notice and want to be able to get back in the country.

I have been told that you can up to the five years is up on your visa, but I am thinking that my 136 visa is void now that I am a citizen.

You need an Australian passport to get back into Oz without any hassle. You can apply for an express processed passport which I think from memory is processed in 48 Hrs
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:37 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you no longer have a visa.

I'm sure I've heard you can re-enter Australia by showing your nice shiny new citizenship certificate - I think maybe Moneypen has some experience here?? You would need to make sure that the airline would accept that for travel though.

EDIT: i may have imagined this completely, in fact probably have!

Last edited by bcworld; Jan 28th 2009 at 10:47 am. Reason: Confused
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

thank you for your replys, Paul.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

gormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nicegormac is just really nice

thank you for your replys, Paul.
Hi Rangersman where aboots are you we are Brissy an am a Rangersman to we are from Glasgow All the Best
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:50 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

if your an ozzie citizen did you not also keep your brtish passport as well??
i thought by keeping your dual citizenship that meant you can go back and forth to uk if you want
lesley x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 8:52 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snow-white
i thought by keeping your dual citizenship that meant you can go back and forth to uk if you want
lesley x
Yes, however you need a visa or Australian passport to enter Aus. When you get citizenship your PR visa is cancelled. As an Aus citizen you cannot apply for an ETA on your UK passport to get back into Aus.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
Yes, however you need a visa or Australian passport to enter Aus. When you get citizenship your PR visa is cancelled. As an Aus citizen you cannot apply for an ETA on your UK passport to get back into Aus.
so on getting your citizenship and still keeping your british passport what do you need to apply for to enter and leave oz
Lesley x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:03 am
Frequent Flyer Member

so on getting your citizenship and still keeping your british passport what do you need to apply for to enter and leave oz
Lesley x
An Australian passport.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by bcworld
An Australian passport.
so when you get your citizenship you don't get an ozzie passport with it ???????
lesley x
Old Jan 29th 2009, 9:30 am
Frequent Flyer Member

so when you get your citizenship you don't get an ozzie passport with it ???????
lesley x
No, you have to apply for one.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 12:01 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

lesley x
You have the right to apply for one as a Australian Citizen - however you still have to pony up the money and fill in the forms just like any other Ozzie.