Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

nottm meets spring/summer

nottm meets spring/summer

Old May 11th 2007, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Default Re: nottm meets spring/summer

Hi Roger,

Yeah - I played there for a good few years!

Are you still playing? I've not played at any level for ages due to dodgy knees, but if you fancy a game I'll bring a raquet out.

I'm currently living very close to Sutton Centre, on the Ashfields (newish) estate, maybe meet up for a pint?

Cheers

Zach
Old May 11th 2007, 9:38 pm
rjb
Just Joined

rjb is an unknown quantity at this point

Zac

Thought it was you when I read your message, can meet up for a pint if you want im on huthwaite road (the house sold subject to contract)
What is your trade? Im a electronics service engineer been self employed for 20 years, got alot of loose ends to tie up before we go.

Roger
Old May 12th 2007, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

electricbaby27 will become famous soon enoughelectricbaby27 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Nick11
Hi guys,the visa arrived in our passports this morning.We're off on June 11th!Just to say thanks to you all for your support.It's really weird we won't get to meet you all.It's great to see brissie-here-we-come taking the lead and organising the Nottm meets.Keep up the good work. Good luck to you all
Nick
xxxxxxx

CONGRATULATIONS

Who are you flying with? Are you having a leaving do? You have waited soooooo long for this, hope all goes well over next few weeks, looking back its a horrible time. Keep in touch.
Caz
Old May 13th 2007, 11:14 am
Love it here!

SalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of lightSalSa is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys,the visa arrived in our passports this morning.We're off on June 11th!Just to say thanks to you all for your support.It's really weird we won't get to meet you all.It's great to see brissie-here-we-come taking the lead and organising the Nottm meets.Keep up the good work. Good luck to you all
Nick
xxxxxxx

Wow, good luck Nick and family.....it's been a long time coming!
Try and enjoy your last few weeks....it's the worst bit but you'll soon be here and loving it like we do
Keep in touch xx
Old May 13th 2007, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by rjb
Zac

Thought it was you when I read your message, can meet up for a pint if you want im on huthwaite road (the house sold subject to contract)
What is your trade? Im a electronics service engineer been self employed for 20 years, got alot of loose ends to tie up before we go.

Roger
Hi Roger,

I'm about 3/4 of a mile from you I expect email me on znaylor at znaylor dot co dot uk when you get a chance. I'm available most days except Wednesdays.

I currently work for the railway as a development engineer. It's a role which crosses engineering and IT. I did a mechanical apprenticeship with the railway many years ago but later swapped to IT as i was useless with a spanner.

I've been offered a role on a 457 in Melbourne. This weekend I did a 2 1/2 hour psychometric test which was a bit of a ball-ache. Lots of comparisons of common Australian expressions. We'll see how we go.

This week I get the results and (hopefully) get sent for a medical.

Speak to you soon.

Regards,

Zach
Old May 13th 2007, 9:12 pm
pools finished..Boat next

MenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the roughMenAtWork is a jewel in the rough

Nick
xxxxxxx
Excellent news Nick, have a safe journey, its worth the wait!

Mel 'n' Steve
Old May 14th 2007, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

hiya Nick,
thanks for that,

GREAT NEWS !! bet you cant wait now then, you lucky buggers,so pleased for you's !

you got everything sorted now then,

sorry didnt reply earlier we have just came back from hopton in nofolk and it chucked it down all weekend , gives us another memory of our british holidays when we get to oz,but enjoyed the break to be honest.

see you all soon kelsey x
Old May 14th 2007, 7:59 pm
We're going home...yeay!!

Location: Crossing off the days until I can leave Oz and go home.
Tracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really nice

Nick
xxxxxxx
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hope everything goes really well for you in Oz, don't forget to let us all know how you are getting along, and hopefully, one by one, we'll be able to join you.

Take care and have the best time

Tracy and Matt xx
Old May 19th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Bubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura aboutBubbles has a spectacular aura about

Hi Nikki

congratulations, it has been a loooooooooooong wait
all the best for your trip down under.

Tracy and Mark
Old May 20th 2007, 3:46 am
We're going home...yeay!!

Location: Crossing off the days until I can leave Oz and go home.
Tracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really niceTracijbc is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissie-here-we-come
hia all, we are now definatly meeting ON :28TH MAY ( BANK HOLIDAY )AT WOLLATON PARK @ 11;30 AT THE KIDS PLAYGROUND PARK,THEN ONTO WILLOUGHBY ARMS FOR LUNCH !!!

ALL WELCOME !!!!

if you can make it let us know,know who to wait for if your running late !

cheers kelsey and andy

hope to see as many as we can there !

Sorry, a bit late picking this one up....could we meet you at the Willoughby Arms. Hopefully will see you there about 12ish. How will we recognise you all? Maybe a big koala if anyone has one to hand?

Traci and Matt
Old May 20th 2007, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

brissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nicebrissie-here-we-come is just really nice

have sent you a pm,hope it helps and yes anyone is welcome ,there are quite a few now , brilliant !!

i shall be taking a little koala,so look out for that . as we are meeting on wollaton @ 11;30 cant really say what time we will be going to willoughby arms so if anyones late dont worry we'll hang on,as long as we know your still coming ,but will check just before to see who's still coming

kelsey x
Old May 20th 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

Martine (wife), Matthew (5 year old) and I will be there, at the kids play ground around 11am hopefully.

Will be in a green VW passat, if that helps recognise me.

Also have an unfeasibly large nose, size 11 feet, etc

Zach
Old May 24th 2007, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

robertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant futurerobertnhelen has a brilliant future

Passed TRA Guys looks like drinks are on us on Monday, Second thoughts looks like there will be quite a few turning up!!!! Any contingency plan for Monday or will we be sheltering in the pub all day
Old May 24th 2007, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!! ON YOUR TRA !!!!

like you say prob too many for your round,yes think if it carrys on raining it might just be the pub as a shelter.
if it's too bad will have to post something about where to meet,but i will make sure i post something on the day early enough for everyone to see it.

again WELL DONE !

kelsey x
Old May 24th 2007, 10:38 pm
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Originally Posted by robertnhelen
Passed TRA Guys looks like drinks are on us on Monday, Second thoughts looks like there will be quite a few turning up!!!! Any contingency plan for Monday or will we be sheltering in the pub all day
Hi all I forgot that I am working Monday but I am going in early and should get away for 10am then go home and get changed. We are definitely going to come but just may be a little late. I am really looking forward to it.
See you all Monday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.