British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nothing is different just location (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nothing-different-just-location-145685/)

pommie bastard Apr 15th 2003 6:26 pm

Re: Nothing is different just location

Originally posted by brox
[WE are heading to the in laws in Boyup Brook for 4 weeks. Then working in Bunbury but living in Australind hopefully. Land the 4th May.:D

Boyup Brook is great place to stay very relaxing nice area I take it you know some one there ?
Bunbury is one of the fastest growing areas in WA could turnout good for you if you settle , its a bit quiet down that way but better than Metro Perth.
Australind I have never heard of this area is it on the coast?

:D :cool: :beer:

brox Apr 16th 2003 8:20 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
Boyup Brook is great place to stay very relaxing nice area I take it you know some one there ?
Bunbury is one of the fastest growing areas in WA could turnout good for you if you settle , its a bit quiet down that way but better than Metro Perth.

: The in-laws live at Boyup. We have been twice. V V V V V relaxing to the point of comatose:zzz: Australind is about 10 minutes north of Bunbury on the Leschanault Inlet. Only about 6000 people live there. About 10 minutes away from work. They have a good( by reputation!) school there for us rugrats. It's far enuf out of town to be called the country but close enuf for Mrs brox to get her nails done!!:beer: :D

pommie bastard Apr 16th 2003 12:11 pm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by brox

Originally posted by pommie bastard

: The in-laws live at Boyup. We have been twice. V V V V V relaxing to the point of comatose:zzz: Australind is about 10 minutes north of Bunbury on the Leschanault Inlet. Only about 6000 people live there. About 10 minutes away from work. They have a good( by reputation!) school there for us rugrats. It's far enuf out of town to be called the country but close enuf for Mrs brox to get her nails done!!:beer: :D
At lest you have some idea about the area you will move too which can make the move easier .
What employment have you found down there I know a few companies in Bunbury but not many , the view in Perth is the South West will take off because its more liveable than the North of Perth or inland and has none of the Metros problems as yet.

:D :cool: :beer:

brox Apr 17th 2003 9:00 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pommie bastard
At lest you have some idea about the area you will move too which can make the move easier .
What employment have you found down there I know a few companies in Bunbury but not many , the view in Perth is the South West will take off because its more liveable than the North of Perth or inland and has none of the Metros problems as yet.

When we were in WA Xmas 2001 I was offered a job at a big truck repair company. Owner said when I returned the job would still be there. Hopefully it still is!! Weve heard that the south west will take off. I know where you come from when you mention the problem's in Perth. Same problems here in the big cities. Bunbury has we believe a few proplem area's but we are in touch with a good estate agent who has pointed out the bad areas. Hopefully Australind is small enuf not to have these but all towns have there problem areas. I'm lucky enuf to come from a council estate!! No offence to any one from an estate.

Gareth W Apr 18th 2003 2:15 am

Its going to be a long drive up to Joondalup to get that pint in the Old Bailey. ! They serve Tetleys in there though.

brox Apr 18th 2003 11:24 pm

Originally posted by Gareth W
Its going to be a long drive up to Joondalup to get that pint in the Old Bailey. ! They serve Tetleys in there though.
Hand pulled or electric pump?:beer:

Gareth W Apr 18th 2003 11:54 pm

Didn't see. Was hiding at the back of the crowd so I wouldn't have to get a round in, ha ha !

Decent pint though.

brox Apr 19th 2003 12:12 am

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gareth W
Didn't see. Was hiding at the back of the crowd so I wouldn't have to get a round in, ha ha !

Your'e either an ex jock or a yorkshireman like meself
:D

Gareth W Apr 19th 2003 12:47 am

Wakefield, West Yorkshire (and proud of it).