British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nothing is different just location (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nothing-different-just-location-145685/)

pommie bastard Apr 11th 2003 1:39 am

Nothing is different just location

Get your teeth into this you deluded Poms , PC is world wide.

''A NORTHERN suburbs primary school will be forced to hold an Anzac Day service, despite the principal's move to ban the event because it might offend Arab students.''

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030411/n...-sto94580.html

:D :cool: :beer:

Stoney Apr 11th 2003 2:19 pm

Re: Nothing is different just location

Originally posted by pommie bastard

''A NORTHERN suburbs primary school will be forced to hold an Anzac Day service, despite the principal's move to ban the event because it might offend Arab students.''

http://www.thewest.com.au/20030411/n...-sto94580.html

In the UK that usually happens the other way round with the authoritys being too PC

During world cup a Police officer was suspended because he left his rubber with a ST George flag on his desk "visible from the street" as it may cause "OFFENCE" to any passing Asians.
I'm sorry I cant confirm this with a link but I can assure you this happened

Shikse Apr 11th 2003 2:36 pm

More shocking was the weather on the left side of the Western Australian.............Friday, Saturday, Sunday, rain, showery, rain, thunder storms, rain. Thought the sun shone all day and everyday, boy, am I deluded..........................

grubelice Apr 11th 2003 2:49 pm

I live in Bath and there has been a big hoo haa as a King George flag pennant was visable (along with other flags) on a window legde of the cop shop - some local do-gooder councillor complained as he said it would offend ethnic minorities - so it had to be taken down, many people in local community complained that this level of PCism was daft including Asians. World has deffo ggone as daft as a brush but you get it from people who haven't got enough real probs to worry about. I hear hot cross buns have been banned by one education authority.
Yeah Uk hasn't got the perogative on daft people, plnety in Oz as well.

Elaine
:cool:

Shikse Apr 11th 2003 2:49 pm

'Koondoola' Primary School, even the name of the school wouldn't be allowed in the UK, might offend the Afro Caribbeans & Africans.

We've still got the Saddam Hussain mosque in Birmingham, wonder if the Government will ask the muslim community to change the name of that? Bet they don't,.....

brox Apr 11th 2003 5:28 pm

Why do you assume that we all seem to wear rose tinted classes? Like the people here who say "it's not gonna be all bbq's and beaches, you'll have to work". You don't say!! I have NO intention of getting a pool! Will still have to go to work because I earn a pawltry £14000 a year in the UK unlike some of the telephone number wages you seem to talk about from your past. Don't know of anyone who earns £20000 around here. But there again I'm only a "Northern Refugee" as I think you once said in one of your post's.Mind you if i'm wrong about that you'll probably look down your nose and tell me anyway. You wanna get off yer fat arse and get some work done instead of wasting your employer's time boosting your post count. Stop trying to label everybody who want's to move in the same "Dreamer" catergory. You don't know everyone's situation. And yes I have been before and not to stay in the big towns but a little bush town in the middle of nowhere. Yes we know of the limitations of OZ. When was the last time you lived in the UK for a period of time because boy has it changed. We are not all drongo's you know. We know in our situation we are going to be better off, financially and leisure.

claireg3 Apr 11th 2003 5:37 pm

Well said Brox.

footie chick Apr 11th 2003 5:44 pm

Well said Brox.

footie chick

Stoney Apr 11th 2003 6:03 pm

I spend a lot of time with my family not getting bladdered on some "happy hour" with the ususal alchoholics and losers that you find congregating at that time of day.
If however I did find the time to waste I could pull every negative and to be honest very depressing news article from newspapers and websites that would paint this country as black as anywhere in the world (ie Manchester has higher TB rate than Delhi Manchester evening news) but like most people on here we see the negatives and take them for what they are worth.
There are still people on these boards with negative comments
who I quite value.
Your comments however are just based around your bitter ne'er do well attitude.
You are so frightened that someone might come over to OZ and make a go of it.
When these negative comments have such an edge with them they are'nt a value at all they just come across as bitter ranting.
If you want people to take you seriously try and lose the nastiness you seem unable to shake,
It seems that the more people who scoff at your remarks the nastier you get it seems to me you are losing credibility
(if you ever had any in the first place)
We all have different reasons to emigrate so dont assume you know all because when you assume you just make an
ASS out of yoU and ME

stooly Apr 11th 2003 6:15 pm

My husband reckons this PB has'nt got a life but finds enjoyment in offending people and generally getting their backs up and reading how angry they are at the things he writes. There are a few idiot like him alive and hopefully they are a dying breed.
Sammie

Stoney Apr 11th 2003 6:28 pm

Originally posted by stooly
My husband reckons this PB has'nt got a life but finds enjoyment in offending people and generally getting their backs up and reading how angry they are at the things he writes. There are a few idiot like him alive and hopefully they are a dying breed.
Sammie
Glad that this BERK is leaving OZ then
Seems the Aussies already sussed him out

sally1968 Apr 11th 2003 9:27 pm

Originally posted by Stoney
I spend a lot of time with my family not getting bladdered on some "happy hour" with the ususal alchoholics and losers that you find congregating at that time of day.
If however I did find the time to waste I could pull every negative and to be honest very depressing news article from newspapers and websites that would paint this country as black as anywhere in the world (ie Manchester has higher TB rate than Delhi Manchester evening news) but like most people on here we see the negatives and take them for what they are worth.
There are still people on these boards with negative comments
who I quite value.
Your comments however are just based around your bitter ne'er do well attitude.
You are so frightened that someone might come over to OZ and make a go of it.
When these negative comments have such an edge with them they are'nt a value at all they just come across as bitter ranting.
If you want people to take you seriously try and lose the nastiness you seem unable to shake,
It seems that the more people who scoff at your remarks the nastier you get it seems to me you are losing credibility
We all have different reasons to emigrate so dont assume you know all because when you assume you just make an
ASS out of yoU and ME
:D Well said Stoney!!

My parent's came the other way (Oz to UK) in the early 70's. My mum, born and bred Aussie, If she is perfectly honest hates it here. But as she says "I made my bed and i have got to lie in it". It was their choice to come here and there is no point spending your life running the place down. Being constantly negative is too much like hard work! The only way to have a good life anywhere is to make it one.

:lecture: :lecture: :lecture:

ptlabs Apr 12th 2003 1:03 am

Taa daa!

I was alerted to this post by someone who wanted this post deleted. As far as PB's concerned, every guy coming to Oz is a dreamer. Only his views are acceptable, so we all should just leave his posts alone, shall we?

Peter

P.S. I was tempted to remove his initial post, but the replies made enough sense, it would have been a shame to remove them.

pommie bastard Apr 14th 2003 1:42 am

Originally posted by brox
Why do you assume that we all seem to wear rose tinted classes? Like the people here who say "it's not gonna be all bbq's and beaches, you'll have to work". You don't say!! I have NO intention of getting a pool! Will still have to go to work because I earn a pawltry £14000 a year in the UK unlike some of the telephone number wages you seem to talk about from your past. We know in our situation we are going to be better off, financially and leisure.

After reading your post I am sure Australia will suit you , you will be lucky to get $30k a year here a waster in the UK becomes the same here.If you are lowley paid in the UK its down to your job thats the same here so dream on.

pommie bastard Apr 14th 2003 1:46 am

Originally posted by Stoney
ASS out of yoU and ME

Not bitter pal just got my eyes wide open , you live in Cheshire from what I know of it , its hardly Delhi or very down at heel .
My attitude is pure Australian as you will find out .