Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not the right yellow envelope

Not the right yellow envelope

Old May 18th 2005, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Unhappy Not the right yellow envelope

Sent tra off in jan 04,main application april 04 got med requsts 12 months after that.Had meds a few weeks ago and they were sent a week later.So after over 16 months of waiting we got a international registered post today from Aus.At last i thought opened it up and there was a yellow envelope,ah this must definatley be it as there,s one of them yellow envelopes everyone on expats keeps banging on about.
Unfortunatley no it was with a letter saying do not open the yellow envelope it was for your panel doc only.He had,nt properly identified our two girls to their pictures.So i,ve got to take the pair of them back and get that done again.
I tried to organise that with the panel docs and they said the lady who deals with all that might be in monday for a couple of hours.when i said what about someone else sorting an appointment out they said no sorry she is the only one who can deal with the private side to the practice.
So once more i,m going to be running round sorting out and waiting for a little longer.It,s not a massive worry as we are not going until about september but after all this time i just wanted a little closure.

You lot know what i mean,only you guys know how the wait can sometimes get to you.
Anyway moan over thanks for listening dave
Old May 18th 2005, 6:54 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not the right yellow envelope

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Sent tra off in jan 04,main application april 04 got med requsts 12 months after that.Had meds a few weeks ago and they were sent a week later.So after over 16 months of waiting we got a international registered post today from Aus.At last i thought opened it up and there was a yellow envelope,ah this must definatley be it as there,s one of them yellow envelopes everyone on expats keeps banging on about.
Unfortunatley no it was with a letter saying do not open the yellow envelope it was for your panel doc only.He had,nt properly identified our two girls to their pictures.So i,ve got to take the pair of them back and get that done again.
I tried to organise that with the panel docs and they said the lady who deals with all that might be in monday for a couple of hours.when i said what about someone else sorting an appointment out they said no sorry she is the only one who can deal with the private side to the practice.
So once more i,m going to be running round sorting out and waiting for a little longer.It,s not a massive worry as we are not going until about september but after all this time i just wanted a little closure.

You lot know what i mean,only you guys know how the wait can sometimes get to you.
Aw Dave, what a pain! Just can't be long now.

Where did you have the meds?
Old May 18th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Arrgghh
What a nightmare, that is the trouble with relaying on others. Why did it take so long to let you know!!! This is the scary part, this is not rocket science people!!

You are obviously committed in going, they can't refuse you for that. How many people at this point would have said sod it my sanity is worth than that.

Well fingers crossed you can get this done, and you will get the result straight away. Good luck, and just remember your not the only one going through this maybe it will help
Old May 18th 2005, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

We had the meds done in Salford the other place was too busy.
Ian we are caught up in the pre july o4 backlog 16 months is quite normal for anyone who applied when we did.

dave
Old May 18th 2005, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanette Jones will become famous soon enough

Ian we are caught up in the pre july o4 backlog 16 months is quite normal for anyone who applied when we did.

dave
I second that, May 2004, 138 Australian sponsored and no medical requests etc. yet!!!

Fed up - Jeanette
Old May 18th 2005, 9:43 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Keep chin up Dave at least you know they are dealing with your app. It will be okay,I know its a lot of bother but it will come ok in the end. YOU WILL get the right yellow envelope soon.

You and Sam keep positive and we will see you soon, by then you may have it!!!!

Take care
Ang, Rich & girls xx
Old May 19th 2005, 9:04 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

dave
Hang in there Dave, i know exactly how you must be feeling after my 2 year performance.... but like it was mentioned earlier, the fact you have so much determination to succeed makes it a mere hickup, you'll soon have the visa in you grasp.

I also used the salford med practice ( a guy called Dr Tankel i think ) did our meds, you said it was a woman handling yours ?? or is this just the admin lady?

let us know when you get it ( i'm sure you will ) as i'll be keeping an eye out from the otherside mate, and will ahve a beer for you when it happens .

Good Luck ... p.s have you decided yet ( East or West ) ??????
Old May 19th 2005, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

HI Chippy Dave I have sent you some karma.How annoying just when you thought everything was done and dusted.
Good Luck Dreamaway
Old May 19th 2005, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

dave[/QUOTE]

Hi Dave, your right about the backlog, we applied 22nd March 04. Meds,PCC and bond all done now we are just waiting. I Have had an email from our Agent and has contacted Adelaide to see what the hold up is.

Hang in there it can't be long now????????

John
Old May 19th 2005, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

Hi Dave,
A similar thing happened to us. Yellow envelope came thru the door and hubby and I huddled together to open it. To our dismay we thought it was a rejection letter :scared: . But thankfully it wasn't, they just wanted more information from us. Talk about a mixture of feelings, dissapointment, relief, worry. But an overwhelmng feeling of p***ed offness.
However there is a silver lining! The real visa was issued to us four weeks later via email, YIPPEE!!!
So hang on in there,
Tracey
Old May 19th 2005, 10:17 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

flippin eck...id be down there demanding it be sorted there and then!! you pay enough, you think theyd get it right wouldnt you!!
chin up!
sue
Old May 19th 2005, 8:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by C.Owen
Hang in there Dave, i know exactly how you must be feeling after my 2 year performance.... but like it was mentioned earlier, the fact you have so much determination to succeed makes it a mere hickup, you'll soon have the visa in you grasp.

I also used the salford med practice ( a guy called Dr Tankel i think ) did our meds, you said it was a woman handling yours ?? or is this just the admin lady?

let us know when you get it ( i'm sure you will ) as i'll be keeping an eye out from the otherside mate, and will ahve a beer for you when it happens .

Good Luck ... p.s have you decided yet ( East or West ) ??????

Thanks everyone and craig yes it was dr tankle we had but like you say it,s just a hiccup.
As for which coast we are still unsure but one thing is for certain we can,t go through all this and settle on one coast when we are also drawn to the other.So after having a great chat with a lady who came round to our house last night who has lived in Brissy for the last 18 years (brickies sister from work) we are convinced to at least fly to the east coast for the first month or so to suss it out.
Am i right in thinking you are leaving soon?

dave
Old May 19th 2005, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

mandy123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jeanette Jones
I second that, May 2004, 138 Australian sponsored and no medical requests etc. yet!!!

Fed up - Jeanette

Hi Jeanette, was about to post to see if you'd heard anything yet, we haven't either, find the waiting more difficult to handle each day, let me know when you do hear something.

Chippie Dave, hope you get it all sorted out soon.

Mandy
Old May 19th 2005, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Oh dave Ang has just told me what happened
I really feel for you both I sometimes think we keep getting tested like this to check we really want to go . I think its also a secret part of the medical process to check our sanity.

But rest asured the visa will come, and Australia will be very lucky to get such a lovley family.

Take your frustration out on the estate agent - they deserve it
also have you considered charging the medical practice for your time as it is their mistake and God knows they charge enough for the service

keep smiling
see you on the other side
love mary
Old May 20th 2005, 7:36 am
Now..just your usual Pom

C.Owen is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone and craig yes it was dr tankle we had but like you say it,s just a hiccup.
As for which coast we are still unsure but one thing is for certain we can,t go through all this and settle on one coast when we are also drawn to the other.So after having a great chat with a lady who came round to our house last night who has lived in Brissy for the last 18 years (brickies sister from work) we are convinced to at least fly to the east coast for the first month or so to suss it out.
Am i right in thinking you are leaving soon?

dave
Dave...

We leave tomorrow :scared: scary or wot ???? looking forward to the adventure tho really.
We should be online pretty much straight away once we arrive ( doing Singapore stopover ... and few days in Brissie, before my cousin picks me up ) so i'll be looking out for your progress.
keep i touch, and when you arrive on the East Coast, let me know and we'll try and meet up with you.

Good Luck..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.