Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not home sick - just bored !!

Not home sick - just bored !!

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not home sick - just bored !!

Well three weeks and now boredom has set in. !! Too hot to go for a drive or a walk, tv is appalling.

So bored I even went to the library. !!

Maybe I need to get a job, now thats serious.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Kath will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Not home sick - just bored !!

Originally posted by karawara88
Well three weeks and now boredom has set in. !! Too hot to go for a drive or a walk, tv is appalling.

Are you serious about the heat - it's only 23c today?!!! A nice Spring day.

Why not join a gym? I've just joined Fitness First, went to a Step aerobics class, good fun, although I'm beginning to ache.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:13 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

You mean all those beaches, parks, beaches, parks, beaches, parks, did i mention beaches and parks did not stimulate your mind, its almost summer you could mow the lawn or have a BBQ.

Think Lifestyle

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:15 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kath
Are you serious about the heat - it's only 23c today?!!! A nice Spring day.

43 is when you call it hot here. 23 you still have the heater going
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:19 am
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarcasm not coming across too well karawara, but I agree with you about the telly, total crap...

best thing was Forsyte saga on Sunday - NO adverts!!! Thought I was back in the UK for a minute, drizzling outside, heating on etc etc..
Mash

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:34 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Have you seen the universe, in all its magnificent fractal dimensions, through your navel yet?
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Join a gym !! I am not that bored

Think the main problem is, I spent weeks stressed and so busy before move that I now I have time on my hands nothing to do, no stuff to do it with, staying in apartment so not even a garden to mess with.

Dotty I will try and think lifestyle.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Join a gym !! I am not that bored

Think the main problem is, I spent weeks stressed and so busy before move that I now I have time on my hands nothing to do, no stuff to do it with, staying in apartment so not even a garden to mess with.

Dotty I will try and think lifestyle.
What job are you after??
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

I am an IT consultant but would pretty much do anything, I can do pretty much anything, very much a hands on type person rather than sat in an office, have done most things, electrics, plumbing, double glazing, gardening, driving, deliveries, painting and decorating, bakery confectionery etc. etc. applied for some stuff but the b****ds do not even reply.
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 7:59 am
owieb

I am an IT consultant but would pretty much do anything, I can do pretty much anything, very much a hands on type person rather than sat in an office, have done most things, electrics, plumbing, double glazing, gardening, driving, deliveries, painting and decorating, bakery confectionery etc. etc. applied for some stuff but the b****ds do not even reply.
Give it time, you've only been here 3 weeks and the IT market is pretty slow at the moment.

Though i was talking to a friend of mine who works in IT recruitment and they didn't have enough candidates to put forward for a tender the other day.

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

IT market is bad, but I am also realistic, Im 39 its a young mans game I was struggling for IT work in UK. Every man and his dog comes out of Uni with IT skills and will work for peanuts.

The difference in UK is its easy to get driving work, labouring stuff, odd jobs, here its all about qualifications and experience.

Also have been here before so knew it would be difficult, just did not expect to be so bored. !! Spent last two years doing up 4 houses so have not stopped until now. I dont do relaxing. !!
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:07 am
owieb

I dont do relaxing. !!
Why come to Perth then?

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:11 am
owieb

Spent last two years doing up 4 houses so have not stopped until now.
You should go and build some sandcastles! They had some fantastic displays a few months ago in one of the shopping centres, never seen anything like it.

They also have competions in the summer as well.

Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

sashimi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well three weeks and now boredom has set in. !!
That didn't take long!! Better get yourself a house fast, to fix up

Too hot at 23 degrees, give over. Would love that here, it's plummeted from 27 to 17 in 3 days.

You write your 39 or thereabouts, and you're an old man at a young man's game. True, I guess, hubby says the same, your age.

Hope something comes along soonish, if that's what you'd like, of course.

sashimi
Old Sep 2nd 2003, 8:45 am
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Just a suggestion - if you are bored and want to get out and meet people go and do some volunteer work. Australia runs on it's volunteer workforce. I help out at Riding for the Disabled three days a week in between work. It's fun, I have learned a lot about horses, met loads of nice people, I get out in the fresh air, and I am happy I am doing my bit for disadvantaged youngters. Not only that but I get a freebie ride now and then to exercise the horses. It also helps with the 'networking' for jobs. I am sure you could find something to pass the time, just look in your local community directory.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.