Not easy...

Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Not easy...

I have been trying to secure a Job here from London but it hasn't been possible... I have secured some visits with companies and recruiters at my arrive to Sydney, hope this is a good sign..
The time to go is coming and we start feeling the panic...
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:20 pm
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Not easy...

I'm a graphic designer with a masters degree in design management + another masters degree in Marketing + half way CIM Professional diploma + 12+ years of experience

Wife is Architect + a masters degree in Energy and Sustainability + some certificates. + 5+ years of experience

Anyone has an idea about how convenient would be having two qualifications in Australia?

Any idea about how is the market for these careers ?

cheers!
Old Jul 26th 2011, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

My experience is that they at least want me in the country - have two agency meetings lined up with first few days of arrival. We are going over on a 457 for the husband, so my wage is backup/luxuries so not worried yet. however i am bored of being at home now (took redundancy earlier this year) so just want a job to go too
Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Agree with Bikergirl, in general, it is preferred if you are in the country. Certainly not always the case & varies by profession, company etc but definitely not unusual so don't panic.
Good luck for your move
Old Jul 26th 2011, 11:33 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Agree with Bikergirl, in general, it is preferred if you are in the country. Certainly not always the case & varies by profession, company etc but definitely not unusual so don't panic.
Good luck for your move
Part of the issue is that here stuff moves usually on fortnightly pay/2 weeks notice, so they want to fill posts faster and if you aren't in the country yet they are often reluctant to wait.
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

emma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to beholdemma75 is a splendid one to behold

It so much easier to find work once in the country. We came over on a 457 last October and unfortunately OH job just wasnt that great so he started looking for other jobs and was inundated with interviews, very quickly too! Hardest part was getting here, in our experience anyway! Good luck
Emma
Old Jul 27th 2011, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you both have a very useful collection of qualifications and experience. Good luck on your move.