Reload this Page >

Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Old May 2nd 2003, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Originally posted by Ceri
Stoney, It's like the pot calling the kettle black sorry - you seem to attack a few people on here and are always running down the UK, and praising up Australia. you are very naive. Both countries have problems!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - but I find a lot of your posts abusive to individual members , and ranting about things which are simply not true - what did you say last time.. there was more skin cancer in the UK - I noticed you did not reply back in this thread when faced with the facts that Aus is number one for this.

And "Dear" - you are the one who comes on this thread and call people who you do not agree with "Trolls" like in your above post - grow up!
I see only one person ranting here, and it's you.

cheers
Ceri,
a recent news item on TV in UK stated there are more cases of skin cancer in UK than "anywhere in the world"
(By yhe way didnt see thread)
Oh and to the rest of you
YAP YAP YAP YAP YAP

p.s
your all doing it now you fools HAH HAH
all the Lap dogs are here.
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

joebloggs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Stoney

oh for gods sake give it up man. You're a classic troll, always trying to shout down anybody who disagrees with you.
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:21 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Stoney

I suspect you'll find we are all independent minded with our own opinions, mate.
Old May 2nd 2003, 6:24 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Ceri,
a recent news item on TV in UK stated there are more cases of skin cancer in UK than "anywhere in the world"

Stoney

I think the maths was explained to you before 60M people in the UK, 20M in Australia, go figure. It's a bit like how one dollar and one pound aren't the same.
Old May 2nd 2003, 9:09 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

Stoney, It's like the pot calling the kettle black sorry - you seem to attack a few people on here and are always running down the UK, and praising up Australia. you are very naive. Both countries have problems!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion - but I find a lot of your posts abusive to individual members , and ranting about things which are simply not true - what did you say last time.. there was more skin cancer in the UK - I noticed you did not reply back in this thread when faced with the facts that Aus is number one for this.

And "Dear" - you are the one who comes on this thread and call people who you do not agree with "Trolls" like in your above post - grow up!

cheers
People are different. There's no "one size fits all". Sharing experiences is good - enables people to avoid pitfalls and make more informed decisions. People are also enititled to personal opinions.

However one man's paradise is another man's hell. Some will prefer Aus, others the UK, others Canada, the US, Carribean etc. It's not about right or wrong surely, just personal differences, priorities, preference and freedom to choose ?
Old May 2nd 2003, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Mandy Bale will become famous soon enough

I find reading the 'negative' posts quite entertaining, I don't take them personally and don't take them seriously. I tend to find things out for myself rather than go on someone elses 'opinion'. I can understand your anguish though cause at one point I used to get a bit depressed reading them, but since we have moved here I take a light hearted view on all these 'negative' posts and just laugh at them. But I must admit that sometimes I wonder if we got to the right country the way some of them go on as I don't have anything to moan about yet, or maybe we have just found the right place for us. But don't forget aparantly we should still be in 'holiday' mode as we have only been here a year, we may view things differently in years to come, who knows.

Mandy

PS feel free to voice your opinion of my opinion, I won't be offended!
Old May 2nd 2003, 11:33 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Ive got no problem with the negative posts either...

The thing that i have to admit p*sses me off is when people who have no real facts just contradict whatever you say as if trying to prove a point.

For example, i posted a few days ago that a couple of the reasons i was moving to oz to seek more personal space, enjoy some 4wd and a bit of camping. Lo behold, a few posts later there was a reply from someone saying that there is no space in oz cos u have to live in a city, beaches are like motorways and you have to pay for campsites.... Now, its strange as thier description is almost the opposite from what i saw when i was over there. Yes you see other ppl enjoying the countryside, but i never saw any motorway like beaches.....and without question there is more personal space out there, and practically every campsite i went to (not on main highways) had PLENTY of room and was a darn sight cheaper than camp sites over here (10 dollars a night instead of 8 pounds).

There is a big difference between a constructive negative, informing people of pitfalls etc, andjust spamming threads out that either are there to wound people or create a bad view of Australia.

Anyone here would be moving to australia knwoing pretty much full well that there are murders, road rage and all the other things that happen on any other country on the planet.

This should be a place for information sharing info and helping each other, not just a place to come get flamed and depressed about the biggest move most people will make in thier lives.

And PB.....how about posting a few posative news stories for us?

Cheers

Pete.
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:05 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default well said

couldn't have said it better myself Pete
Old May 2nd 2003, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Pete.

footie chick
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jayr
Stoney

I think the maths was explained to you before 60M people in the UK, 20M in Australia, go figure. It's a bit like how one dollar and one pound aren't the same.
How does the math work on sunlight hours UK to OZ ???????
Old May 2nd 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PeteY
Ive got no problem with the negative posts either...

The thing that i have to admit p*sses me off is when people who have no real facts just contradict whatever you say as if trying to prove a point.

For example, i posted a few days ago that a couple of the reasons i was moving to oz to seek more personal space, enjoy some 4wd and a bit of camping. Lo behold, a few posts later there was a reply from someone saying that there is no space in oz cos u have to live in a city, beaches are like motorways and you have to pay for campsites.... Now, its strange as thier description is almost the opposite from what i saw when i was over there. Yes you see other ppl enjoying the countryside, but i never saw any motorway like beaches.....and without question there is more personal space out there, and practically every campsite i went to (not on main highways) had PLENTY of room and was a darn sight cheaper than camp sites over here (10 dollars a night instead of 8 pounds).
There is a big difference between a constructive negative, informing people of pitfalls etc, andjust spamming threads out that either are there to wound people or create a bad view of Australia.
Anyone here would be moving to australia knwoing pretty much full well that there are murders, road rage and all the other things that happen on any other country on the planet.

This should be a place for information sharing info and helping each other, not just a place to come get flamed and depressed about the biggest move most people will make in thier lives.

And PB.....how about posting a few posative news stories for us?

Cheers

Spot on mate

Last edited by Stoney; May 2nd 2003 at 2:02 pm.
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by AndrewR
Hey Pb, if by some chance I get to Perth from Vancouver in the next few months I'll stand you one in the bar

PB might even let you lie at his feet while stroking you with his foot.
Grrrrrrrrr.
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

BritboyNZ is an unknown quantity at this point

Just thought I'd say that the endless bickering/squabling/petty arguments/personal vendettas etc etc are an endless source of amusement to us poms & kiwis sitting here quiet contentedly on the other side of the ditch. Makes NZ look kind of boring actually lol

Long may it continue

russ
Old May 2nd 2003, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers
Ceri I have painted myself black to make a point, the people who I "attack" are the people who are doing the attacking.
PB runs down Oz all the time but as YOU dont mind that then then thats alright??
My posts mirror the abuse handed out by the so called negative posters.
PB generalises and calls people Dreamers all the time, which I know upsets a lot of people on here but you dont mind that either.
Can you not see that it is not the negative posts I am against its the personal attacks.
So "DEAR" if its personal abuse against posters that offends you why dont you pick up on PBs posts as well
Old May 2nd 2003, 5:06 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

go Stoney!
its the personal stuff that gets me too, I havn't had any myself yet, though i'm sure i will at some point. Its not a case of "toughen up" more a case of chill out and stop being so bloody offensive. I love hearing peoples views, but not their abuse!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.