Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Old May 1st 2003, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stoney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not allowed to reply to negative posts

It looks like one can't reply TO negative posts WITH negative posts.
It seems as long as your negative post is aimed at OZ then thats OK.
But when you try and BALANCE the argument you get shot at from the wings by TROLL protectors calling you LOUD MOUTH
These are the people BLEATING on about needing negative posts to balance arguments
but THEY want to choose the people who post negatively
apparently the OPINION police are now in force.
So NO negative posts unless you are a TROLL
Old May 1st 2003, 7:29 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Not allowed to reply to negative posts

Originally posted by Stoney
But when you try and BALANCE the argument you get shot at from the wings by TROLL protectors calling you LOUD MOUTH
These are the people BLEATING on about needing negative posts to balance arguments
? - Don
Old May 1st 2003, 7:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

footie chick xx
Old May 1st 2003, 7:31 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Suggest you need to toughen up a bit before you move overseas, if you're getting this upset over something so trivial...
Old May 1st 2003, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

I don`t think tough has anything to do with it. It is bang out of order that someone has been ripped to threads (metaphorically speaking) just for posting a picture. Some people threads just take it to far.

footie chick
Old May 1st 2003, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by AndrewR
Suggest you need to toughen up a bit before you move overseas, if you're getting this upset over something so trivial...

It's usually the people with nothing interesting to say who shoot from the wings...................
Old May 1st 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick

Stoney. Good attitude.xx
Old May 1st 2003, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by footie chick
footie chick

Stoney. Good attitude.xx
Thanks Footie Chick,

It seems PB and Co. have a few Lap Dogs on here who are quite happy reading them ripping peoples posts apart without a murmer, but as soon as someone has a go back at them the YAPPING starts.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:09 pm
Release the hounds!

AndrewR is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Footie Chick,

It seems PB and Co. have a few Lap Dogs on here who are quite happy reading them ripping peoples posts apart without a murmer, but as soon as someone has a go back at them the YAPPING starts.

Never been to Oz (currently in Canada), have no real opinion on PB's posts as i don't usually post browse through this section...but I saw your posting and replied. Not quite sure why you're getting so uptight, but hey if it makes you happy to think that i'm PB's lapdog, you go right ahead
Old May 1st 2003, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Never been to Oz (currently in Canada), have no real opinion on PB's posts as i don't usually post browse through this section...but I saw your posting and replied. Not quite sure why you're getting so uptight, but hey if it makes you happy to think that i'm PB's lapdog, you go right ahead

Like I said its usually people with nothing interesting to say.
Old May 1st 2003, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well maybe you should read the other posts before you decide to comment on something you have not been following ....... do a bit more reading and then when you are informed come back and make some comments.

Stoney is absolutely correct, people on this forum are constantly being branded dreamers and worse by PB & co, but the minute somebody challenges their opinions and gives back a little of what has been dished out, the TROLLS and their LAPDOG's begin to whine.

We are all adults (!) and constructive criticism is one thing, but being downright rude is another! It is good to hear both positives and negatives on this forum, but don't bring it down to the gutters! Personal attacks are the trademark of the TROLLS posts, and sometimes you just have to fight fire with fire.

Grub, thanks for the photo, and best of luck in your new home. Don't let the TROLLS spoil your settling in, as of course I'm sure you won't let them. Keep posting!

Rosy, if you've made such a big mistake, come on home, the UK needs YOU!

Old May 1st 2003, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

jamesyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Rudy

the TROLLS and their LAPDOG's begin to whine.

We are all adults (!) and constructive criticism is one thing, but being downright rude is another! It is good to hear both positives and negatives on this forum, but don't bring it down to the gutters! Personal attacks are the trademark of the TROLLS posts,

I know this is very old territory, so sorry....but I have to ask, aren't you doing what you are saying people shouldn't do, ie basically slagging off some-one who you disagree with.
(don't know if I should post this as I'll probably just get shot down...)
Old May 1st 2003, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

jamesyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Like I said its usually people with nothing interesting to say.

Isn't this just the sort of thing that you criticize others for? I know I'm going to get ripped for posting this, but thought I'd ask...
Old May 1st 2003, 9:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by jamesyboy
I know this is very old territory, so sorry....but I have to ask, aren't you doing what you are saying people shouldn't do, ie basically slagging off some-one who you disagree with.
Good point Jamesyboy.... but I am only attacking the attackers
I'm just offering a balanced choice of posts.
It seems that people who want to use these posts to exchange information have to run the gauntlet of personal abuse by the Original Trolls and their lapdogs. OK offer your negative opinions they are very informative and eye opening, but when they turn into insults that oversteps the mark in MY opinion.
I am only insulting the insulters and their lapdogs.
Old May 1st 2003, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rudy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by jamesyboy
I'm not slagging anyone off!?? Some people on the forum just keep lodging personal attacks against others and in my opinion this forum should not be brought down to that level. It is obviously very difficult for people not to retaliate when they are attacked ...... ie. fight fire with fire.

At this rate we could go on all night, it isn't worth it, lets just get back to sharing the all important information we all seek from one another, whichever direction we are heading.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.