Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Not again, i hear you shout!!!!!!!

Not again, i hear you shout!!!!!!!

Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

rich8509 will become famous soon enoughrich8509 will become famous soon enough
Default Not again, i hear you shout!!!!!!!

Straight to the point, i've searched and search but am still no closer to an answer.
In your valued opinion what are the better places to live within Brisbane and the Goldcoast ? Please take into consideration we are a young family with kids who are 7 and 5, so schooling is important.
Now, i know its just your opinion but i am hoping to get the same suburbs will be named over and over again therefore ruling out the ones we should definately discount and allow us to have concentrated look at where the beautiful people live.

Many thanks in advance,
Rich
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Irish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond reputeIrish Aussie Teen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not again, i hear you shout!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rich8509
Straight to the point, i've searched and search but am still no closer to an answer.
In your valued opinion what are the better places to live within Brisbane and the Goldcoast ? Please take into consideration we are a young family with kids who are 7 and 5, so schooling is important.
Now, i know its just your opinion but i am hoping to get the same suburbs will be named over and over again therefore ruling out the ones we should definately discount and allow us to have concentrated look at where the beautiful people live.

Many thanks in advance,
Rich
We live on the gold coast, robina. Its a lovely area and your never far from anything. we can walk to the town centre. And robina high and robina primary are both 10 minutes from my house (but in opposite directions).And about 15 miutes from the beach! We know a lot of expats that live in and around robina. Burleigh is also lovely.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Irish Aussie Teen
We live on the gold coast, robina. Its a lovely area and your never far from anything. we can walk to the town centre. And robina high and robina primary are both 10 minutes from my house (but in opposite directions).And about 15 miutes from the beach! We know a lot of expats that live in and around robina. Burleigh is also lovely.
Many thanks, that starts the list off for places to check out in detail

regards
Rich
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:47 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Not again, i hear you shout!!!!!!!

Many thanks in advance,
Rich
We live in the outer northern suburbs & to be honest wished we had moved to the Gold Coast 'BUT'...were not that far away-11/2hrs away (max)
Its quiet up this end,got the pubs etc.but not the same social circle as the GC.
End of the day,after going through all the sh!t we have gone through,kids settled in school,made friends etc..we are not moving until the kids move on & we can then do what we like

Donna
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:48 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks in advance,
Rich
Can you narrow your criteria a bit? E.g. how close do you want to be to the coast/city? Do you prefer new housing estates/established suburb/rural? What is your budget for buying a house? Where do you need to get to for work?

When you know the answers to these questions, we'll be of more help to you.

Jane
p.s. Have you seen
http://www.reiq.com.au/BuySellRent/c...yID=1&show=all
Once you have some names, it gives you very good info.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

We live in Hope Island and love it here. It's close enough to go north to Brissie easily (40 mins in car allow an hour for parking up etc.) and south for Main Beach (25 mins scenic route), Surfer's (when you want some life and shops open late every night!) etc.

Southport CBD is a small town and busy enough too and takes about 20 mins or so by car.

Daughter (age 11) goes to a school in Coomera and loves it there (takes about 10 mins in car). Son is at Griffith Uni in Parkwood/Southport and happy too (thank God!).

Feel like this area is surrounded by shops, easy access to beaches, boat ramps but far enough away to have some peace too.

None of the journeys feel long because I am still gawping at everything out of the window even after a year here! Good job hubby is driving.

Prices are mid to high range for rentals but if you search you could get something really nice for that range.

Not too sure we're that beautiful though

Many thanks in advance,
Rich
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:03 am
brisvegas

ridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud ofridds has much to be proud of

I'm a big fan of the inner western suburbs in Brisbane - specifically, Indooroopilly, Graceville, Sherwood, Chelmer, Yeronga and Tennyson. Close to the CBD and easy access to the M1 to go north or south for beachs. Good schools (public and private), lots of green leafy streets and good shopping at Indoroopilly. Train and bus links are also good. Drawback is that house prices are higher than some of the outer suburbs, but rental prices are fairly comparable.

I'm also a fan of Robina on the GC - lived there for years and love it. Good location, good schools, shopping etc etc etc.

Depends very much whether you think you will be wanting to be at the beach on a daily / weekly basis. If so, go Robina or Burleigh (although Burleigh is older and has more industrial areas). If beaches are not as high a priority, give Brisbane a go. Check out ourbrisbane for more information.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
Can you narrow your criteria a bit? E.g. how close do you want to be to the coast/city? Do you prefer new housing estates/established suburb/rural? What is your budget for buying a house? Where do you need to get to for work?

When you know the answers to these questions, we'll be of more help to you.

Jane
p.s. Have you seen
http://www.reiq.com.au/BuySellRent/c...yID=1&show=all
Once you have some names, it gives you very good info.
Thanks every one, no haven't seen this web site so it will be of great interest.
We would prefer newer housing with good access to the coast, we would not like to over commit ourselves on a mortgage and wold prefer to have more spare money to enjoy some of the great attractions we've seen and read about so between 300 and 400,000.
Work wise not sure yet, i don't know whether to own or be employed yet. I am being a bit laid back over probably one of the more important decision (work) but that is just how i feel at the mo, we have no intentions of working for the first couple of months anyway and was kind of thinking something will turn up.

remmie, i need beautiful people around me to ensure i truely understand how unlucky i am.

regards
Rich
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ridds
I'm a big fan of the inner western suburbs in Brisbane - specifically, Indooroopilly, Graceville, Sherwood, Chelmer, Yeronga and Tennyson. Close to the CBD and easy access to the M1 to go north or south for beachs. Good schools (public and private), lots of green leafy streets and good shopping at Indoroopilly. Train and bus links are also good. Drawback is that house prices are higher than some of the outer suburbs, but rental prices are fairly comparable.

I'm also a fan of Robina on the GC - lived there for years and love it. Good location, good schools, shopping etc etc etc.

Depends very much whether you think you will be wanting to be at the beach on a daily / weekly basis. If so, go Robina or Burleigh (although Burleigh is older and has more industrial areas). If beaches are not as high a priority, give Brisbane a go. Check out ourbrisbane for more information.

Cheers ridds, beaches priority for wive and kids, i'm a big sports fan but a with most the kids come first.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

remmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really niceremmie1 is just really nice

remmie, i need beautiful people around me to ensure i truely understand how unlucky i am.

regards
Rich[/QUOTE]

I look fab after a few of these though!
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:13 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks every one, no haven't seen this web site so it will be of great interest.
We would prefer newer housing with good access to the coast, we would not like to over commit ourselves on a mortgage and wold prefer to have more spare money to enjoy some of the great attractions we've seen and read about so between 300 and 400,000.
Work wise not sure yet, i don't know whether to own or be employed yet. I am being a bit laid back over probably one of the more important decision (work) but that is just how i feel at the mo, we have no intentions of working for the first couple of months anyway and was kind of thinking something will turn up.

regards
Rich
If you want coast then I'm not much help as I'm out west but there are plenty of Bayside, North Lakes and Gold Coast peeps that will be able to help. Remember, though, they are only people's opinions. You won't know for sure what's right for you until you get here. Good Luck.

Jane
p.s. I am beautiful, though (At least that's what my boy tells me )
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by remmie1

regards
Rich
I look fab after a few of these though! [/QUOTE]

ahhh the sweet liquid of happyness, starter of such morning statements as
"who are you" and "no, no, no tell me i never"
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

ahhh the sweet liquid of happyness, starter of such morning statements as
"who are you" and "no, no, no tell me i never" [/QUOTE]

Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JaneandJim
If you want coast then I'm not much help as I'm out west but there are plenty of Bayside, North Lakes and Gold Coast peeps that will be able to help. Remember, though, they are only people's opinions. You won't know for sure what's right for you until you get here. Good Luck.

Jane
p.s. I am beautiful, though (At least that's what my boy tells me )
Yes, i agree they are only people's opinion's but that is a little more than i have now.

What a good son you must have, but remember that old saying " true love is blind" Get an opinion off a stranger today on how beautiful you are then post the response, i did and was pleasently suprised to hear i looked liked the cross between 2 family favorite's , Shrek and Worzal

Last edited by rich8509; Sep 7th 2006 at 10:26 am.
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:28 am
Born to be ignored

[QUOTE=rich8509
What a good son you must have, but remember that old saying " true love is blind" Get an opinion off a stranger today on how beautiful you are then post the response, i did and was pleasently suprised to hear i looked liked the cross between 2 family favorite's , Shrek and Worzal [/QUOTE]

That paints an interesting picture!

Jane