Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

northern ireland meet ups

northern ireland meet ups

Old May 16th 2007, 12:45 pm
Just Joined

swaolmd1975 will become famous soon enoughswaolmd1975 will become famous soon enough
Smile northern ireland meet ups

Anyone from Northern Ireland fancy meeting up .
Stephen and Lisa
Old May 16th 2007, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: northern ireland meet ups

Where abouts are you?, were moving out to Melbourne either end of June , early July
Old Jun 1st 2007, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

tabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant future

hi stephen and lisa
we are of in july to perth just found this site
how are things with you are you local
we are from belfast going to perth
dianne
Old Jun 1st 2007, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

swaolmd1975 will become famous soon enoughswaolmd1975 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tabitha
hi stephen and lisa
we are of in july to perth just found this site
how are things with you are you local
we are from belfast going to perth
dianne
Hi Dianne
We are still waiting on our visa to come through . We are also hoping to go to Perth , hoping to be their by the end of the year .
We are living in Portadown at the momemt . Stephen is going out to do IT . We have a baby girl who is 6 months . How about you ?
Lisa
Old Jun 3rd 2007, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

tabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant futuretabitha has a brilliant future

hi lisa
when did you put your forms in? we had been waiting months
cant believe its come around. do you work i dont at the moment
but have a part time job lined up in perth
we have 3 children daniel 14 taylor 12 almost and beth 8
dianne
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Dianne
We only posted the forms off at the start of May but they have already taken the fee for the visa application . I'm on maternity leave at the moment I work for the Halifax ( the big call centre in Belfast )
Stephen works for Belfast city council in the IT dept
What visa are you going out on ?
We had to wait for ages to send application off as we were waiting on the skills assessment certificate
Old Jun 4th 2007, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Hi Northern Ireland folks,

I would love to meet up.

We haven't applied or anything yet as we are waiting my husband's further qualifications being marked.

We hope to apply after that?

Which immigration agent did you use?

Were they good?

Was it expensive?

We live in Banbridge and have 4 children. Our eldest is 7 years old and has Asperger's syndrome (a form of autism) which may hold us back on the application a little bit.

My husband, Keith is a Podiatrist(Chiropodist) with his own practice in Banbridge which I have to say is thriving, but Northern Ireland being how it is and the UK in general we want something better for our children.

We feel that here they will be working until they are 80 and never own their own home.

Northern Irish people are becoming more and more materialistic, it is all about your possessions and your address and I don't want that for my children.

My husband is 42 and I am 38, our children, Lucy, Oliver, Alice and Patrick (6 months). The children were all born through IVF treatment and we were married almost 11 years before we got Lucy.

We really appreciate our children and want better weather and a better overall lifestyle for them.

Keith and I hope to move to Melbourne, coming from here, we like the idea of seasons, don't know if we could stick the heat of Syndey or Perth, never mind the oven that is Brisbane.

We have never been to Oz before, although it has always held an appeal for us, in fact we have never been out of Europe for that matter.

We just want to live in a place that has something better to offer our children, we don't want to bring them up on a society that taxes you for everything and where material things and social status matter too much.

We just discovered this site at the weekend and I have to say, I find it truly addictive, and despite one or two rude people on the whole most people are really lovely.

I have cried reading a few postings, especially about leaving home and I haven't even applied yet.

I think what totally made up my mind to go, is that my sister has just finished treatment for breast cancer, she had childhood leukaemia and this helped me realise that life is too short.

Go, if it doesn't work out come home. I know a handful of people in Banbridge and even Gilford who went out and came back again, there's nothing wrong in that, so at least we want to give it a go.

If anyone living in Melbourne now is reading this, give us some info, like Patterson Lakes or even the Mornington Peninsula.

G'day

Keith and Lynne Gordon

aka crocodileseamus
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

Fenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura aboutFenton has a spectacular aura about

We used Commonwealth immigration in London, have to say they were really good, took each step of the way , and always sent loads of emails and were always there if I needed to phone them, we only had to get a spousal visa so not to difficult and it cost us £900, but well worth the money in our opinion to get it right first time

We'll be heading to West of Melbourne to stay at a friends till we get everything sorted ( Why Melbourne..Because my wife comes from there, so we know the area and where to go to get all the little things sorted out, and we both love it. Both of us love the cafe culture and the multi culture nature of Melbourne)

Anyway if you need any help give us a shout, and we'll try our best

Oh yeah I presume you know about the Britvics forum http://z7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?

Last edited by Fenton; Jun 4th 2007 at 10:34 pm.
Old Jun 5th 2007, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

crocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud ofcrocodileseamus has much to be proud of

Fenton,

Keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

I wish you all the best for the future,

crocodileseamus
Old Jun 5th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

the murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the roughthe murrays is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by swaolmd1975
Stephen and Lisa
HI STEPHEN AND LISA
COULDNT BELIEVE THIS WHEN I READ YOUR POST, WE ARE ALSO FROM PORTADOWN, SENT APP IN APRIL AND THEY HAVE TAKEN OUR MONEY OUT ALSO.
WHAT A COINCIDENCE!
Old Jun 8th 2007, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

hi stepnen and lisa
hope all goes well with your application we had a long 9 mths waiting on ours
we went on a 138 skilled sponsored visa and we were asked for lots more info regarding tax history etc it was a nightmare. we have our leaving do next friday then the following friday we are of to turkey for our holiday. back 10 days then of to aus i am exhausted lol
but cant wait ready for a new challenge in life
have you jobs lined up yet?
dianne and geoff
Old Jun 13th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by swaolmd1975
Stephen and Lisa
Hi, I am from Belfast now living in Adelaide South Australia, will only be to pleased to meet up for coffee or wine,just let me know. Have been in OZ for 50 years,oh that makes me sound old came here as a teenager.
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:02 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Hi Folks, we are just about to place our visa application. Hope to be off to Bunbury (100 mile south of perth) in july next year.
Used visa-go in edinburgh who were very good and even ironed out a few hicups. Cost about £1700 but it was well worth it.
Good luck to everyone still applying.
Brendan, cath & family
Derry.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:32 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Omg did i miss the huge irish meet up lol . Im only here a short and wanted to know is there really anyone from northern irelad living in woodvale ?
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

hi we are up in secret harbour
lovin it here and if you fancy
meeting give us a shout
family of five boy 15 girl 12
and one girl nine
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.