Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North West Meet No 2

North West Meet No 2

Old Nov 6th 2004, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Default Re: North West Meet No 2

Ang

Can't open the attachment. What sort of file is .pms? Can you word it?

Sue
Old Nov 6th 2004, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Ang

Can't open the attachment. What sort of file is .pms? Can you word it?

Sue
Hi there I am celebrating remember so will have wine and beer too !!

and any spirits in the house because they have to be used up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on the house sale brochure it will say ample room for parking of course but it means up the end of the road outside other peoples houses tee hee !!

I am still a bit hysterical !! and have smile ache could be knocked off tomorrow though if we dont beat city !!
can t wait see you all soon

Mary
Old Nov 7th 2004, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Mary

Managed to open Ange's attachment with the details now so "no worries, mate". You'd better start getting used to the language! Glad to hear from you, you don't seem to have been on much this week but probably too busy celebrating!

Sue
Old Nov 7th 2004, 10:16 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Mary

Managed to open Ange's attachment with the details now so "no worries, mate". You'd better start getting used to the language! Glad to hear from you, you don't seem to have been on much this week but probably too busy celebrating!

Sue
Thats a lovely picture you have there - do I recognise it as being a view of the ship canal?

See you and all at Marys'

Cas
Old Nov 7th 2004, 10:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Thats a lovely picture you have there - do I recognise it as being a view of the ship canal?

See you and all at Marys'

Cas
Sent you some karma for that one Cas!
I've got a thing about palm trees. See my mum has got a palm tree in her garden (Surfers Paradise) that comes up through the deck and the deck is built around it. When you are lay on the bed in the spare bedroom looking through the window at the clear, blue sky you see this palm tree waving in the breeze. Sigh! I keep that in my mind as I look out at the grey British skies and long for next June. I've said to hubby that when we buy a house we have to have a palm tree. If there isn't one already there, we have to plant one. My sister has a garden of eucalypts but then she lives in Melbourne. Isn't winter here depressing.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 10:28 am
Account Closed

Sent you some karma for that one Cas!
I've got a thing about palm trees. See my mum has got a palm tree in her garden (Surfers Paradise) that comes up through the deck and the deck is built around it. When you are lay on the bed in the spare bedroom looking through the window at the clear, blue sky you see this palm tree waving in the breeze. Sigh! I keep that in my mind as I look out at the grey British skies and long for next June. I've said to hubby that when we buy a house we have to have a palm tree. If there isn't one already there, we have to plant one. My sister has a garden of eucalypts but then she lives in Melbourne. Isn't winter here depressing.
Too right it is, and this summer - the more the rain fell the more I was convinced of going. That fine rain- the worst sort, or so Mr Kaye tells us!
I'm off to Melbourne (in 63 days time - not that I'm counting!) Where does your sister live - my job is with North Western Mental Health, so will be living that side of the city - just haven't decided exactly where yet.
Cas
Old Nov 7th 2004, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Too right it is, and this summer - the more the rain fell the more I was convinced of going. That fine rain- the worst sort, or so Mr Kaye tells us!
I'm off to Melbourne (in 63 days time - not that I'm counting!) Where does your sister live - my job is with North Western Mental Health, so will be living that side of the city - just haven't decided exactly where yet.
Cas
She lives an hour south of the city at Mount Eliza. She's just emailed this morning. They've had an awful lot of rain. she's been having her pool re-lined and all the digging of channels for pipework have filled up with rainwater. Usually they're desperate for water.
Old Nov 13th 2004, 12:53 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: North West Meet No 2 - Stockport

Bumping this to the top for Red Back!
Old Nov 13th 2004, 10:28 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North West Meet No 2 - Stockport

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Bumping this to the top for Red Back!

OK folks do we all know where we are going on the 27th for the meet??

I have sent directions to most of you but just want to check you have them. Now lets see we have a total of 25 with a poss of 27 attending.

Red Back are you interested in coming to the NW meet no "???

Let me know
Really looking forward to it guys

Ang
x
Old Nov 14th 2004, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

looking at these numbers I think we need to do this in true aussie style
bring a plate and if any one has IKEA fold up chairs can you bring some !!
its gonna be great cant wait
mary
Old Nov 14th 2004, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Mary, what are you doing up so late? Night shift? We can bring some deck chairs
Yes, Ange, I've got directions and can't wait. Trying to go with the Aussie theme, got the VB and some Tim Tams. I'm thinking of trying to make some Lamingtons. All 4 of us coming, David managed to swap his shift with someone at work. Mary - all your family will be there won't they?
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mary, what are you doing up so late? Night shift? We can bring some deck chairs
Yes, Ange, I've got directions and can't wait. Trying to go with the Aussie theme, got the VB and some Tim Tams. I'm thinking of trying to make some Lamingtons. All 4 of us coming, David managed to swap his shift with someone at work. Mary - all your family will be there won't they?
Jemma james will be becci is at work but will be in later as i expect we will go on and on hopefully Didnt realise the times came up that has made me realise i really am an addict !! last visited 2.34 AM and I was working all day today its no wonder i am so tired these days !!
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:17 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by marysidey
Jemma james will be becci is at work but will be in later as i expect we will go on and on hopefully Didnt realise the times came up that has made me realise i really am an addict !! last visited 2.34 AM and I was working all day today its no wonder i am so tired these days !!
It's great being addicted to this site though isn't it?

The excuse you can make yourself is that you are trying to adjust to Aussie time - I said that to myself and all my guilt has just wafted away!

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else,
Cas x
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:36 pm
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future
Smile Re: North West Meet No 2

once I switch on my computer at home, I first check my emails and then straightway jump to this site. This forum has changed my surfing habits.

When I am in this forum, I feel myself as part of a large family with all members sharing the same dream and ready to reach out to people in case anyone needs a little help in getting to the next stepping stone. Its amazing, is't it?

see u all on 27th
amit
Old Nov 14th 2004, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Aaaahhh, Amit, that's lovely. Got the curry on yet?
It's true though. You have all these feelings, up one minute, down the next and the only other people that understand are people going through the same thing. You can't say anything at work cos you don't want the let the cat out of the bag until you give your notice in. You can't say much to family in the UK cos of upset feelings. I was worried because my plan is for me to go out to Brisbane on my own and then the boys follow a couple of months later when I've sorted out a job and accommodation and then hubby a few months after that when house is sold. I thought I would feel really on my own even though I'd be staying with mum and dad. But now I know I've got a whole community out there - 42 going out to Brisbane next year alone! I can have an immediate social life and new friends with the Brissie Girls Drinking Club.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.