Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North West Meet 23rd October

North West Meet 23rd October

Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

vikk will become famous soon enoughvikk will become famous soon enough
Default Re: North West Meet 23rd October

Hi Rich and Angie, You may get much more interest in a meet if you transfer this post from the lifestyle & culture - Oz & NZ forum to the immigration - oz & NZ forum. Not telling you what to do, you may have done it already it was just an idea, look forward to seeing you soon if the meet is still on
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
We just thought that going over to friends that are already over there will make the transission easier for the girls (and us I suppose). Ourfriends Lisa and Andy have 5 kids aged from 7 to 16. They have 4 girls and 1 boy who's 9. We have never been to Oz but have done research on the net and it looks fab. Just hope it lives up to my expectations. What asuburb are you looking at.

There doen't seem to be much interest in the meet on Saturday does there.
Are you taking your kids cos I think it will be good for them too, but hubby not too sure.
Let me know
Ang
Not sure about taking kids. Oldest might be working (Boots Saturday job). They are quite independent these days. When we get to Oz eldest wants to go to Uni (probably Melbourne) and have almost a gap year first because of the difference between our school year and theirs. As for the younger one I want to get him into Brisbane State High so would be looking to rent in their catchment area, i.e., South Brisbane, Highgate Hill, West End in the centre of Brisbane. Long term to buy we like the look of Wynnum on the coast.

I've been over 4 times now. A couple of years ago we had a 4 week holiday - Sydney/Surfers Paradise/Bundaberg/Surfers/Sydney - and had a fantastic time. Rural Queensland has a beauty all of its own. I'll never forget the colours. The red earth, the lime green of the new shoots of the sugar cane and the intense blue of the sky. One thing you will notice is that almost as soon as you sit down anywhere or even stop, someone will be chatting to you and within 10 minutes you know all their background and they know yours. they hear the accent and want to tell you that their Auntie Marg used to live in Bolton so of course you might know her!! Wonderful people. I know there must be some awkward ones and some snobs because people are people, but I've not met any. Everyone seems happy. That's the thing that strikes you as soon as you get out of the airport (you can't count customs and immigration officials though even they seem more relaxed than here) - everyone is relaxed and smiling. Hope the meet does go ahead.
Sue
Old Oct 17th 2004, 3:53 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikk
Hi Rich and Angie, You may get much more interest in a meet if you transfer this post from the lifestyle & culture - Oz & NZ forum to the immigration - oz & NZ forum. Not telling you what to do, you may have done it already it was just an idea, look forward to seeing you soon if the meet is still on
Hi Vikk

Yes it is on. Thanks for that not used to this I will do it now, cheers.
See you on Saturday, I think we will aim for about 3 pm is that ok with you.

Ang
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:16 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue from Manchester
Not sure about taking kids. Oldest might be working (Boots Saturday job). They are quite independent these days. When we get to Oz eldest wants to go to Uni (probably Melbourne) and have almost a gap year first because of the difference between our school year and theirs. As for the younger one I want to get him into Brisbane State High so would be looking to rent in their catchment area, i.e., South Brisbane, Highgate Hill, West End in the centre of Brisbane. Long term to buy we like the look of Wynnum on the coast.

I've been over 4 times now. A couple of years ago we had a 4 week holiday - Sydney/Surfers Paradise/Bundaberg/Surfers/Sydney - and had a fantastic time. Rural Queensland has a beauty all of its own. I'll never forget the colours. The red earth, the lime green of the new shoots of the sugar cane and the intense blue of the sky. One thing you will notice is that almost as soon as you sit down anywhere or even stop, someone will be chatting to you and within 10 minutes you know all their background and they know yours. they hear the accent and want to tell you that their Auntie Marg used to live in Bolton so of course you might know her!! Wonderful people. I know there must be some awkward ones and some snobs because people are people, but I've not met any. Everyone seems happy. That's the thing that strikes you as soon as you get out of the airport (you can't count customs and immigration officials though even they seem more relaxed than here) - everyone is relaxed and smiling. Hope the meet does go ahead.
Sue
Sounds great Sue, can't wait. Have to take our 2 but they won't be any trouble. Aimee will probably be in the play area and Georgia will be asleep.
Is 3pm ok with you.
Ang
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Sounds great Sue, can't wait. Have to take our 2 but they won't be any trouble. Aimee will probably be in the play area and Georgia will be asleep.
Is 3pm ok with you.
Ang
Hi everyone really looking forward to the meet on saturday I have spoken to Ang today so know we are on for 3pm we will be the ones with a kangaroo
see you there Mary
Old Oct 17th 2004, 9:08 am
Cheeky

Hi everyone!

Well I hope you all have lots of fun on Saturday and I want a full report and if poss PHOTOS!!! if its ok with everyone of course!!

Mary, sorry, I tried to send you karma but it wont let me so I will try again later!

Be thinking of you all on Saturday, have fun!!! Dont drink too many !!!!!

Cheers, Cheeky!!

Old Oct 18th 2004, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hi everyone,

Only jusy started posting on the site.I gave an introduction post the other day and got lots of friendly welcomes.Mary mentioned the northwest meet and we would love to come and meet people in the same boat as ourselves.

ok i,ll keep a lookout for any changes to the time but 3 o,clock will be fine by us.

dave
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:29 am
India-M'chester-Syd('05)

base_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant futurebase_sydney has a brilliant future
Red face Re: North West Meet 23rd October

[FONT=Arial]Hi Rich and Angie, we very new to this site. We would love to get an invite to the NW meeting. we have got our PR visa and we have to be there by 7 Apr. 2005

Can you send us bit more details abt the location and time of the meeting?

Just to give a small introduction abt my wife and myself:
We are from India living in manchester for last 2.5 yrs. We both are accountants in our 30's and would be immigrating to aus on skilled visa. We would love sharing information and plans about immigration and it would be nice to build a small network before actually moving there.

We already have been through the relocation process while settling down in Manchester and hopefully, you all would find our experiences valuable.

p.s. we have pm-ed u as well.
Old Oct 18th 2004, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future
Smile Re: North West Meet 23rd October

Looks like it will be quite a good size meeting. 3pm Saturday it is. We all seem to be at different stages and looks like we could share quite a few tips and experiences.

Sue
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:12 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by base_sydney
[FONT=Arial]Hi Rich and Angie, we very new to this site. We would love to get an invite to the NW meeting. we have got our PR visa and we have to be there by 7 Apr. 2005

Can you send us bit more details abt the location and time of the meeting?

Just to give a small introduction abt my wife and myself:
We are from India living in manchester for last 2.5 yrs. We both are accountants in our 30's and would be immigrating to aus on skilled visa. We would love sharing information and plans about immigration and it would be nice to build a small network before actually moving there.

We already have been through the relocation process while settling down in Manchester and hopefully, you all would find our experiences valuable.

p.s. we have pm-ed u as well.
Hi

You are most welcome.. The pub is just off the M6 the Salt Cellar at Middlewich. About 3pm if that is ok with you but we will be there a while if you can't get there then. Should be reeeeaaaally good cos there is quite a few of us going.
See you there
p.s. have you any children? Don';t worry if you haven't you can always babysit ours hee hee

Ang
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:16 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Looks like it will be quite a good size meeting. 3pm Saturday it is. We all seem to be at different stages and looks like we could share quite a few tips and experiences.

Sue

Hi Sue

Looking forward to it in fact can't wait
See you Sat
Ang
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: North West Meet 23rd October

Hi Sue

Looking forward to it in fact can't wait
See you Sat
Ang
I'll bring my photos from Queensland!!
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:38 am
Cleveland, Bayside

I'll bring my photos from Queensland!!

Excellent. This time next year I will have some of my own hopefully!!!!!
Old Oct 19th 2004, 2:41 am
Cleveland, Bayside

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi everyone,

Only jusy started posting on the site.I gave an introduction post the other day and got lots of friendly welcomes.Mary mentioned the northwest meet and we would love to come and meet people in the same boat as ourselves.

ok i,ll keep a lookout for any changes to the time but 3 o,clock will be fine by us.

dave

Dave you obviously now the details of the meet. So look forward to meeting you. Sorry I missed your introductory post.
See you on Saturday,
Ang
Old Oct 19th 2004, 5:49 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Dave you obviously now the details of the meet. So look forward to meeting you. Sorry I missed your introductory post.
See you on Saturday,
Ang

Looking forward to the meet aswell Ang.Dont worry about missing my introduction post things move quite quick on here and i find it hard to keep up myself.

see you weekend dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.