Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North Lakes Murder - Emma Lovell

North Lakes Murder - Emma Lovell

Old Dec 28th 2022, 10:09 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default North Lakes Murder - Emma Lovell

Truly horrific. There is no other word for it.

Emma Lovell was murdered during a burglary at the family home in North Lakes (just north of Brisbane). Her husband Lee was also stabbed but is now out of hospital and home with their two daughters.

The family emigrated to Aus from Ipswich in 2011, but I gather they had visited before that.'

"Mr and Ms Lovell were defending their home from the alleged offenders, who had allegedly broken in during the night.

A 16-year-old and 17-year-old boy questioned by police after the attack have been charged with unrelated offences and released.

Police had prior contact with all four teenagers and police sources have told the ABC at least one of the alleged killers was on bail when the couple was stabbed.

Mr and Ms Lovell were defending their home from the alleged offenders, who had allegedly broken in during the night.

A 16-year-old and 17-year-old boy questioned by police after the attack have been charged with unrelated offences and released.

Police had prior contact with all four teenagers and police sources have told the ABC at least one of the alleged killers was on bail when the couple was stabbed."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-...sion/101811770

I have a niggling suspicion I may actually have met them at one of the many meets we used to do back in the day.
For those unfamiliar with Brisbane, its a suburb to the north, not a bad area like some, but just a normal, fairly new, Aussie suburb. Back in the day, when this family emigrated, it was known as Little Britain because of the number of poms living there.

My heart goes out to the two girls -one of them, if not both, witnessed the whole thing.
Emma, may you rest in peace.
Old Dec 29th 2022, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Lakes Murder - Emma Lovell

It was, indeed, truly tragic and I must admit I had wondered whether she may have been one of the Poms in Australia I had encountered during her journey. My sympathies to her family who must be going through the most awful time right now.
Old Dec 30th 2022, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

How dreadful and tragic. My sympathies to her family. I don't know how you even begin to get past something like this.

We visited the North Lakes shopping mall many moons ago as an English friend has her optometrist business there. She lives further south in Albany Creek. All seemed pleasant areas.
I don't whether it's just me seeing a skewed view of life but the world seems a more violent place these days. Stabbings and shootings by very young people.
Old Dec 30th 2022, 2:12 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

This is a terrible crime; my condolences to the family.

From time to time a crime gets publicity because it was committed by children, that reflects a disturbing degree of depravity, that leads to society searching its soul, looking for an explanation. I may be wrong, but it seems that depraved crimes committed by children are becoming more common, but it may just reflect globalization of news, with reports traveling quickly from country to country, that in the past would not have spread as far and as fast.

This particular case appears to have some similarities with the "swarming" case that is being reported in Canada.
Old Dec 31st 2022, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Truly horrific. There is no other word for it.

Emma Lovell was murdered during a burglary at the family home in North Lakes (just north of Brisbane). Her husband Lee was also stabbed but is now out of hospital and home with their two daughters.

The family emigrated to Aus from Ipswich in 2011, but I gather they had visited before that.'

"Mr and Ms Lovell were defending their home from the alleged offenders, who had allegedly broken in during the night.

Police had prior contact with all four teenagers and police sources have told the ABC at least one of the alleged killers was on bail when the couple was stabbed.

Mr and Ms Lovell were defending their home from the alleged offenders, who had allegedly broken in during the night.

Police had prior contact with all four teenagers and police sources have told the ABC at least one of the alleged killers was on bail when the couple was stabbed."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-12-...sion/101811770

I have a niggling suspicion I may actually have met them at one of the many meets we used to do back in the day.
For those unfamiliar with Brisbane, its a suburb to the north, not a bad area like some, but just a normal, fairly new, Aussie suburb. Back in the day, when this family emigrated, it was known as Little Britain because of the number of poms living there.

My heart goes out to the two girls -one of them, if not both, witnessed the whole thing.
Emma, may you rest in peace.
Really tragic news it made the headlines here in the uk I hope one day the family will heal enough for them to move forward and enjoy their lives once again