Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North Lakes/Mango Hill Toddler Groups & Commute

North Lakes/Mango Hill Toddler Groups & Commute

Old Oct 7th 2006, 12:44 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default North Lakes/Mango Hill Toddler Groups & Commute

Hi.

My better half and me had a good look at the AvJennings show homes at Mango Hill today and I think we're pretty keen on buying there. I've always wanted to buy there and I think that my wife is also pretty keen now.

We have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what is it like in the area for toddlers/tots groups as my wife is concerned that she will having nothing to do during the day (as she currently goes to a couple of tots groups here in Carina)?

Secondly, I work in the CBD and I'm pretty sure that I don't have to use the gateway tool bridge to get to work? What's the commute into the CBD like from North Lakes? It took us about 15-20 minutes (allbeit a good run on a Saturday evening) to get from North Lakes to the city turn-off on the M1 this evening (just before the toll bridge). What is commuting really like?

Cheers.
Old Oct 7th 2006, 9:59 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Lakes/Mango Hill Toddler Groups & Commute

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
Hi.

My better half and me had a good look at the AvJennings show homes at Mango Hill today and I think we're pretty keen on buying there. I've always wanted to buy there and I think that my wife is also pretty keen now.

We have a couple of questions.

Firstly, what is it like in the area for toddlers/tots groups as my wife is concerned that she will having nothing to do during the day (as she currently goes to a couple of tots groups here in Carina)?

Secondly, I work in the CBD and I'm pretty sure that I don't have to use the gateway tool bridge to get to work? What's the commute into the CBD like from North Lakes? It took us about 15-20 minutes (allbeit a good run on a Saturday evening) to get from North Lakes to the city turn-off on the M1 this evening (just before the toll bridge). What is commuting really like?

Cheers.

I do hate to bump...but....
Old Oct 7th 2006, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

BillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura aboutBillnLinz has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by DunRoaminTheUK
I do hate to bump...but....
If you work in the CBD, the commute will take you anything from 40 minutes on a very good week day, non exsistent before 10am realisticaly, to well over an hour if you get a bad run at it, the rest of the time will be somewhere in between.

You would be better driving to Petrie station, 15 minutes from Mango Hill, taking the train in 30-40 minutes to Central station, that way arriving stress free!!
Old Oct 8th 2006, 11:58 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

Originally Posted by BillnLinz
If you work in the CBD, the commute will take you anything from 40 minutes on a very good week day, non exsistent before 10am realisticaly, to well over an hour if you get a bad run at it, the rest of the time will be somewhere in between.

You would be better driving to Petrie station, 15 minutes from Mango Hill, taking the train in 30-40 minutes to Central station, that way arriving stress free!!
Hi.

Does anyone have any specific information on tots groups in Mango Hill and things like swimming pools and activities etc?

Cheers.