Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North Lakes Broadband, and in General

North Lakes Broadband, and in General

Old Jul 21st 2008, 1:01 pm
Mauled by the Tigers

Willerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura aboutWillerby_brisbane has a spectacular aura about
Default North Lakes Broadband, and in General

Hi all,
bit of input needed. We have been looking at North Lakes to first rent in as waiting for our UK house sale to go through. Then buy hopefully. We have two boys 14 & 10. We quite like the look of North Lakes so what is the general opinions about the place, ie school things to do etc. When we looked round it seems to have most things. Also one big question is what is the Broadband situation like there, as i know other places have problems getting connected.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:41 pm
Just Joined

northlakes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: North Lakes Broadband, and in General

Hi,

North Lakes is a great place to live. I think we have more British Expats per square km than any other place in Brisbane :-)

I run the northlakes.com.au community web site and depending on where you buy / rent will depend on broadband availability. Most of the established areas have broadband access up to 8000kb / 384kb . Some of the newer areas have been slow to get access but it seems to get there eventually. There are a few people talking about that on our forums at the moment.

Regards, Scott