Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

North East Meet anyone?

North East Meet anyone?

Old Aug 15th 2006, 7:51 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North East Meet anyone?

I don't actually know Newcastle for pubs funnily enough....Is there anyone who could give me any advice on choosing a venue?

Has to be child friendly
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
I don't actually know Newcastle for pubs funnily enough....Is there anyone who could give me any advice on choosing a venue?

Has to be child friendly

What about a brewers fayre called the derwent crossing just off the A1 near the metro center
tried to do a link but failed will try and get a web address for you
just an idea
Mandy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:30 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
What about a brewers fayre called the derwent crossing just off the A1 near the metro center
just an idea
Mandy
Sound good and fairly easy to get to.Is there plenty of space cos I think that was a problem last time.
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Sound good and fairly easy to get to.Is there plenty of space cos I think that was a problem last time.

Would need to check, i suppose if numbers were known it could be booked then there would be no problem.
The only reason i suggested it was i passed it on Sat night and noticed it had a fun factory.
Dont really know the area very well
Mandy
Old Aug 15th 2006, 8:49 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Would need to check, i suppose if numbers were known it could be booked then there would be no problem.
The only reason i suggested it was i passed it on Sat night and noticed it had a fun factory.
Dont really know the area very well
Mandy
Me neither! sounds ok though
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:28 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

just an idea
Mandy
We don't drive so it would have to be somewhere more easily accessible
Old Aug 15th 2006, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We don't drive so it would have to be somewhere more easily accessible

i will ask a few people i know in Newcastle and see if they know any where suitable then will leave the any info i get on here.
Mandy
Old Aug 16th 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

i will ask a few people i know in Newcastle and see if they know any where suitable then will leave the any info i get on here.
Mandy
you can not book a brewers fayre as a general rule, it is at the managers discretion we have tried this before as we have large family get togethers which generally require 22 seats.

For those who don't drive, suggest a venue you can get to and see what the response is to that, as we all spread out it might make it easier to arrange.
the brewers fayre suggeted does have a play area, it is'nt too big though and is 5 /10minutes walk from the metro centre train station if it helps anyone.
Old Aug 16th 2006, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

geordies forever is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: North East Meet anyone?

Originally Posted by Peter & Karin
you can not book a brewers fayre as a general rule, it is at the managers discretion we have tried this before as we have large family get togethers which generally require 22 seats.

For those who don't drive, suggest a venue you can get to and see what the response is to that, as we all spread out it might make it easier to arrange.
the brewers fayre suggeted does have a play area, it is'nt too big though and is 5 /10minutes walk from the metro centre train station if it helps anyone.
New to this, just starting on journey. live in gateshead, derwent crossing suggested sounds like best child freindly option around area, only 1 minute from A1, 2 Minutes in car from metrocentre. There is a bus station and train station at metrocentre.
We would like to meet up with others going on the same journey, most of the dates suggested seem ok.
Paul and Amanda
Old Aug 17th 2006, 4:42 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to beholdgeordiegirl2 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by task
Hi Ang sorry we can't make a meet we fly out to the USA on 24th holiday then on to Sydney then to Perth landing on the 15th sept.
see yas tony Allison sam and Kate(task)

If you get to read this before you leave safe journey, see you on the other side of the pond.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Peter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nicePeter & Karin is just really nice

Originally Posted by geordies forever
New to this, just starting on journey. live in gateshead, derwent crossing suggested sounds like best child freindly option around area, only 1 minute from A1, 2 Minutes in car from metrocentre. There is a bus station and train station at metrocentre.
We would like to meet up with others going on the same journey, most of the dates suggested seem ok.
Paul and Amanda
How about 2/3 Septmber at the Derwent Crossing, near the Metro Centre?
Old Aug 17th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

geordies forever is an unknown quantity at this point

Either date is good for us. Can anyone else make either of these dates. Looking forward to meeting up with others.
Paul and Amanda
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:35 pm

I'll let you sort it out amongst yourselves then as it's not really suitable for me, as I said I don't finish work til 8th september and it is too out of the way for us to travel on public transport.

I thought I would try and arrange something easier for us for a change, as we have always travelled quite far for all but one of these meets.
Old Aug 17th 2006, 9:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'll let you sort it out amongst yourselves then as it's not really suitable for me, as I said I don't finish work til 8th september and it is too out of the way for us to travel on public transport.

I thought I would try and arrange something easier for us for a change, as we have always travelled quite far for all but one of these meets.

Is there no where similar in Sunderland Ang?
The only place i can think of that is child friendly in your neck of the woods is Funshack at seaham, but that is no good for drinkers
As i dont go drinking much ive drawn a blank so far. sorry
Mandy
Old Aug 18th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Is there no where similar in Sunderland Ang?
The only place i can think of that is child friendly in your neck of the woods is Funshack at seaham, but that is no good for drinkers
As i dont go drinking much ive drawn a blank so far. sorry
Mandy
I think there is a child friendly pub Just off the A19 on the A1231 (Wessington way), how about there 9th/10th September. Sorry don,t know the name of the pub but it is on the left hand side off a roundabout when going into sunderland.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.