Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it normally this cold!!!

is it normally this cold!!!

Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

keithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant futurekeithandsam has a brilliant future
Default is it normally this cold!!!

hi
is it normally this cold?,i dont remember being this cold last year,or have we acclimatised??!!!!!
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: is it normally this cold!!!

Originally Posted by keithandsam
hi
is it normally this cold?,i dont remember being this cold last year,or have we acclimatised??!!!!!
We are just back from a couple of weeks in Brisbane and were told by the locals that it has been the worst weather they have had in 30 years. We still found it better than your average Scottish summer!!

Debbie
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:48 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

hi
And I was laughed at here a few weeks ago for suggesting I had to clear ice off the car windscreen last year ... had to do that twice this year so far ... it's great innit? A lovely crisp night followed by unbroken BLUE skies.

And the blue is really blue, just like the tourism brochures ... and the contrast with the greens ... it's loooooovely.

Anyway, in our house (brick and colo(u)rbond build) we have come to the conclusion it is a tad colder than last year. BUT we spent the winter before that in an old Queenslander and that was brass monkey's.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:50 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brissydeb
We are just back from a couple of weeks in Brisbane and were told by the locals that it has been the worst weather they have had in 30 years. We still found it better than your average Scottish summer!!

Debbie
Worst? My God, the other 29 years must have been idyllic ... raining bourbon, maybe.
Old Jun 27th 2007, 10:51 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

I am bloody freezing this morning but at the sunshine is out

We usually get a abotu 2 weeks where it is cold but as Debbie has said it has been the worse weather (according to locals) for many years. Up here they all say ever since Larry hit us the weather has been really shocking. We should be having nice sunny but cool days by now but instead we have had heaps of rain and a few cold snaps thrown in to chill us all right down.

Still it is lovely blue skies this morning and the ocean up here has hardly got a ripple, my front deck is in full sunshine and life is good
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

hi
we have been here nearly 6months. its cold now but everyone keeps sayig the weather is beautifull in summer. role on summer, just wish i had not thrown most of my winter wear . www.turntvoff.com
Old Jun 27th 2007, 11:08 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

hi
Nah....last winter was warmer than usual....seem to remember it was about 25C every day....this June is definitely a bit chilly though! I'm sure it wont last long!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Fairly similar to last winter in this part of the world. Had enough of the frigging rain now though (and no, we don't need it).
Old Jun 28th 2007, 1:42 am
The Mango King

Antney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to allAntney is a name known to all

Of course the skies are very blue over Australia, it's because there is a bloody great hole in the ozone layer over it. It's all on account of the amount of Methyl Bromide that is used to fumigate everything that comes into the county!! Banned in most of Europe we still use tonnes of it.

Roll on Kyoto!!
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:18 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

There's no such thing as "cold" in QLD.

It was -5 overnight where I live. And yes, I'm in Australia.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:20 am
Banned

007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all007 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Antney
Of course the skies are very blue over Australia, it's because there is a bloody great hole in the ozone layer over it. It's all on account of the amount of Methyl Bromide that is used to fumigate everything that comes into the county!! Banned in most of Europe we still use tonnes of it.

Roll on Kyoto!!
Another person who has jumped on the bandwagon.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 2:26 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

hi
You will have acclimatised, anything under 20c will be cold

I don't think summers are what they used to be now in OZ, alot more bearable.
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 007
There's no such thing as "cold" in QLD.

It was -5 overnight where I live. And yes, I'm in Australia.
It must be cold in Cairns as there has been numerous outbreaks of hoodies and ugg boots

WW
Old Jun 28th 2007, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

birdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond reputebirdynumnum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
It must be cold in Cairns as there has been numerous outbreaks of hoodies and ugg boots

WW
Does seem a tad colder than last winter.
You do acclimatise too though
Get rugged up
Old Jun 28th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

caleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant futurecaleb2003 has a brilliant future

We're in Noosa and its beautiful warm sunshine in the day but the house is freezing, we go outside to get warm (i'm a tightarse)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.