NOOSR CEPs

Old Dec 23rd 2004, 4:21 am
Just Joined

ranjit05 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NOOSR CEPs

Hi All,

writing to sort out a bit of a confusion re NOOSR's Country Education Profiles. I bought one such CEP recently. It *rates* or classifies various universities and major education insitutions.

But where to find the info about the smaller institutions?

My wife has done nursing course from a college in Haryana state of India.

Could not find that, otherwise, well-known institute in the NOOSR CEP for India.

can anyone give more info on this issue?

Any related inforamtion available on the internet?

Thanks

Ranjit
Old Dec 27th 2004, 7:27 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOOSR CEPs

Originally Posted by ranjit05
Hi All,

writing to sort out a bit of a confusion re NOOSR's Country Education Profiles. I bought one such CEP recently. It *rates* or classifies various universities and major education insitutions.

But where to find the info about the smaller institutions?

My wife has done nursing course from a college in Haryana state of India.

Could not find that, otherwise, well-known institute in the NOOSR CEP for India.

can anyone give more info on this issue?

Any related inforamtion available on the internet?

Thanks

Ranjit
If an institution is not mentioned in the CEP, the skill assessing authority (together with NOOSR) will normally consider an application on an individual basis. Also be aware that the CEPs are not always up to date and NOOSR may have developed an opinion on an institution since it was last published.

However, institutions established at the time the CEP was published should have been included. The India CEP has a lot of institutions listed - are you sure you have not missed it?

Jeremy
Old Dec 30th 2004, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

ranjit05 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
If an institution is not mentioned in the CEP, the skill assessing authority (together with NOOSR) will normally consider an application on an individual basis. Also be aware that the CEPs are not always up to date and NOOSR may have developed an opinion on an institution since it was last published.

However, institutions established at the time the CEP was published should have been included. The India CEP has a lot of institutions listed - are you sure you have not missed it?

Jeremy

first thanks for replying to my query.

I have gone through the CEP for India thoroughly. could not have missed it.

maybe because the said college is a private institution and not affiliated to any university, NOOSR may not be giving higher rating to it.

was just wondering if these *small* institutions are mentioned in any NOOSR list or not. If not then what kind of rating they get from NOOSR as compared to the Australian qualifications.

thanks again and regards
Old Dec 30th 2004, 10:44 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ranjit05
was just wondering if these *small* institutions are mentioned in any NOOSR list or not. If not then what kind of rating they get from NOOSR as compared to the Australian qualifications.
Ranjit,

If an Indian institution is not listed on the CEP, then expect the worst but hope for the best.

As you observed, the CEP covers most well known and famous Indian educational institutions. What's not listed there (and there are lots of universities on the Indian CEP) will normally be assessed case-by-case as JAJ pointed out.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a Division I ranking for unlisted universities though.

Peter