Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Noosa/Peregian/Coolum - going out.

Noosa/Peregian/Coolum - going out.

Old Jun 27th 2008, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Noosa/Peregian/Coolum - going out.

Been in Oz now for just over 2 months and as we have kids we havnt been out at all at night. We are used to having babysitters in uk and love going out for bands/music/pubs/bars, now although we cant go out together as have no babysitters, we thought we might have met a few people by now that one of us could at least go out for a drink, (just to get us out at night!!). We live at Peregian Springs but we would even drive just to get out, but there are surf clubs close (Peregian/Coolum) that i think would pick up and drop off again. I dont really fancy going out on my own just to get out so would really love to meet up with anyone around our age (im 28 hubby 33).

So far everyone we have met (moms from kids groups/Hubbys workmates), dont actually go out! Im sure there must be someone out there that lives near us and does go out now and again, its driving us insane!!

Thanks, Carley
Old Jun 30th 2008, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

The Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bournes is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Noosa/Peregian/Coolum - going out.

ok, so 31 have viewed my post but no replies

Did i waste my time in doing this post?

Looks like we should have moved to the GC instead of SC, only kidding, looks like i shall have to go out on my todd and see if i can meet anyone to talk to!
Old Jun 30th 2008, 6:10 am
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

Sorry we go out but not your age group There is usually a meet up of mums and dads in Marochydore
Old Jul 1st 2008, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

Theweekshousehold is an unknown quantity at this point

God havent been on here for ages.

We are in Caloundra and have the same problems, the pub culture is no no out here although we do take the kids to the cosmic cave in Caloundra and dump them there for a few bevvies and a meal.

We also pop to a few surf clubs on a Sunday lunch time and the kids enjoy the music...as for night out....well we not done it.

Your a bit far a away to meet up but im sure things will get better its just adjusting, no girlie nights out its family really wot we moved here for but came as a shock.

We also do lots on weekends lots of concerts and things going on in parks so pop in bottle shop and drink on park benches...

Good Luck
Old Jul 1st 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Also.

On the first Sunday of the month there is an exp pat meet up at Moffat Beach Caloundra, not been there yet (been out here since Sept) but met a guy who has been out here 15yrs and loves going, kind of networking...

Hey you never know there should be one this Sunday....
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Theweekshousehold
God havent been on here for ages.

... so pop in bottle shop and drink on park benches...

Good Luck
in a brown paper bag I hope
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 1:25 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DianneH68
in a brown paper bag I hope
Of Course or even in a coca cola bottle......can be refilled and none notices
Old Jul 18th 2008, 11:50 am
Just Joined

dimpton is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh my god girlie!

No worries i'm coming to get ya!

You must be going out of your mind.

When i get to Maroochydore/Moololaba in August we'll meet up and the blokes can look after the kids and we'll go on a real good night out.

I love the whole band thing.

We'll be over on 26th August and staying in alex headlands for a month while we get ourselves sorted with somewhere more permanent.

My name is Theresa (T) and partner is Andy and our daughter (9 months when we arrive) is Amber'Grace.

Look forward to speaking to you.

Lol Txxx
Old Aug 5th 2008, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

suz_to_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Carley

We are moving out to Oz in October, my hubbie is an Aussie, I am 33 and he is 28. We have a baby boy who will be five months old when we get there. We have a house in Forest Lake, Brisbane which we will be moving into when we first arrive but we are hoping to buy or build in Peregian Springs. Just wondered how you are finding life up there (apart from the lack of baby sitters!) - it looks like a fab place to bring up kids and so close to Noosa (which is prob my fav place in Oz)

Suzanne
Old Aug 6th 2008, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

Hi there, we love living up here, and since i started this thread we've been out a few times, so feel more sane now, its just so good to have a break from the kids now and again!! We spend the days at all the parks, beaches and river during the week when Andys at work, then it's pretty much the same at the weekends!!LOL, with the exception of going off exploring new places, but when you live this close to Noosa, peregian and Coolum, you have so much on your doorstep you will never be bored.

I find there is always somthing happening too, so we try to go to as many events as we can, Peregian has a large craft market then bands on all afternoon everyother week, so we go down the beach first, walk round the stalls, then meet with friends having a picnic. The week before we went to a carnival in Pomona, about 20-30min inland, with all sorts of things to see and do there.

Ive met some great people now too, from the baby group i go to, and weve all been out together, so im always bumping into people we know now which is really nice.

Good luck with your move, Oct will soon come around! Carley
Old Aug 6th 2008, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

HI there, well i forgot to update this thread, but ive now been out a few times, so everything is great here now!! Not that it wasnt before, its just i think i was going slightly insane being with the kids day and night with no break!!LOL

I've met some fab moms from the baby group i go to and have been out a few times with them, then i had a private reply from a group of girls from around Coolum so been out with them too! There seem a lot more brits live around Maroochy/ Mooloolaba who go out on a regular basis so you will be fine, but if you move up this way (Mooloolaba takes about 20min on motorway), feel free to give me a bell and i can take you out with the girls ive met!

Hope you have a good move over, the first month is very hectic and a little stressfull, but you get there in the end! Carley
Originally Posted by dimpton
Oh my god girlie!

No worries i'm coming to get ya!

You must be going out of your mind.

When i get to Maroochydore/Moololaba in August we'll meet up and the blokes can look after the kids and we'll go on a real good night out.

I love the whole band thing.

We'll be over on 26th August and staying in alex headlands for a month while we get ourselves sorted with somewhere more permanent.

My name is Theresa (T) and partner is Andy and our daughter (9 months when we arrive) is Amber'Grace.

Look forward to speaking to you.

Lol Txxx
Old Aug 6th 2008, 8:49 am
Just Joined

suz_to_oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Carley - am really looking forward to getting up to Peregian. The only thing that worries me is being in a new place with baby especially when hubbie starts working. I made the mistake thinking there wasn't much point in trying to meet new mums in the area here as we were leaving so soon and now I'm going stir crazy!! Glad to hear you've been able to get out and about - you defo need time to let your hair down minus the kids! Would love to keep in touch and will defo give you a bell when we get there