Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Non migrating family member

Non migrating family member

Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Skyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Non migrating family member

Hi,

my my sons dad has moved to Australia with his Australian girlfriend and their daughter. He's currently on a bridge visa while his spouse application is being processed. He wants me to take our son for a medical for his application.

My my question is, does he need to? I only ask because he has tried taking him before and he's very underhanded and whilst I'm happy for him to stay out there I'm worried I'm helping him take my son either now or at a later date.

Thank you
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 8:17 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non migrating family member

No, you don't have to consent to him having a medical. Your son's father would need him to have it in order to sponsor his son at a later date, but if you refuse to allow the medical then the father will probably want you to write a stat dec saying that you refuse.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 9:13 am
Just Joined

Skyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond reputeSkyley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
No, you don't have to consent to him having a medical. Your son's father would need him to have it in order to sponsor his son at a later date, but if you refuse to allow the medical then the father will probably want you to write a stat dec saying that you refuse.
Thank you. Hes calling and texting multiple times each day saying that if I don't take our son for a medical he won't be able to get his spouse visa.

I was just just worried that if I consented, that would also mean I was consenting to him taking him before he's old enough to finish school and decide for himself. I'd love him to see the world and experience Australia but not before he has his grades and a trade to take with him
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 9:29 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skyley

Thank you. Hes calling and texting multiple times each day saying that if I don't take our son for a medical he won't be able to get his spouse visa.

I was just just worried that if I consented, that would also mean I was consenting to him taking him before he's old enough to finish school and decide for himself. I'd love him to see the world and experience Australia but not before he has his grades and a trade to take with him
Having a medical does not give him permission to take the child to Australia. It will only make it easier for the father to get his visa and for your son to be sponsored later should circumstances change.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 9:52 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Having a medical does not give him permission to take the child to Australia. It will only make it easier for the father to get his visa and for your son to be sponsored later should circumstances change.
ok, maybe I should take him then.