Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Non-dependant child wants to come too!!!

Non-dependant child wants to come too!!!

Old Aug 12th 2006, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Question Non-dependant child wants to come too!!!

We have a daughter who will be 20 in October. She desperately wants to come with us but can't be included in our application as she's not a dependant child. She still lives with us but works full time for an oil company. She doesn't have a trade so doesn't qualify to emigrate on her own. If she comes over with us on a year's working visa what's the likelyhood she'll get to stay?

We were in Perth in January/February and she met a guy (holiday romance etc etc) He's offered to marry her but it's a bit of an extreme measure. Or has anyone got any better ideas?

Jan
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-dependant child wants to come too!!!

Originally Posted by midgetjan
We have a daughter who will be 20 in October. She desperately wants to come with us but can't be included in our application as she's not a dependant child. She still lives with us but works full time for an oil company. She doesn't have a trade so doesn't qualify to emigrate on her own. If she comes over with us on a year's working visa what's the likelyhood she'll get to stay?

We were in Perth in January/February and she met a guy (holiday romance etc etc) He's offered to marry her but it's a bit of an extreme measure. Or has anyone got any better ideas?

Jan
hI jAN,
you lucky thing, wish my son would come with us. Hes 20 in Nov.
I asked our agent about this in case he changed his mind and she said that if he were to study it could be arranged. However after reading the Dimia website I found out that you could write a letter stating that you would be willing to support said child for 2 years. I didn't read this in any great depth as my son is adamant he's staying here
so not sure what the pitfalls are, if any.
Check with the Dimia website.
Good luck.
Lou
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

midgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond reputemidgetjan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Non-dependant child wants to come too!!!

Thanks very much for advice. I fully understand how you feel too as we also have a 21 year old daughter who's not coming. She's adamant that she's staying with "waste of space" boyfriend. I'm hoping she'll come to her senses once we go as she'll have no one to run to next time he's being a prat.

15 year old son loved our holiday at beginning of the year but says his home is in Scotland. I've told him he's coming like it or not and he can make his own way back when he's old enough if he chooses. (Somehow I don't think he will).

Kids eh - makes you wonder why we bothered.

Jan