(no title)

Old Sep 24th 2003, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (no title)

Hi all,

many or most of you out there seem to be house owners in the UK. My partner and I are living in Ireland (hes british Im Irish)......we got back from a year working holiday visa in Oz in March........we were lucky to go straight into jobs however we are not house owners and are paying off debts from our year away.....we will be debit free by march, we applied for skills assesment yesterday.......we will have to do the bond thing to get PR.....it will take all our resources to raise this money and as we are looking to move to oz we are not intending to buy house here.........Im not sure if any of you no the housing situation in Ireland, its worse the the UK and even on par if not worse than London......therefore Im paniking a bit about not getting on the property ladder here especially if oz PR does not work out
I was just wondering if there are any of you out there who moved to Oz without having sold a house first (and having the money raised by the house)
Also on a general note you are very lucky that you are not in the Euro as the value of sterling is just brilliant when you get to oz
Anway I was just looking for some feedback on this.....and maybe some positive comments to help me ease my concerns
Im 28 and my boyfriend is 30
I dont regret doing the travelling thing but it certainly has its draw backs !!

By the way any of you who have not been to oz, it is worth it (or so I keep telling myself)!!!!!!!!!
Thanks
Barbs