Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:55 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No reason for friends/relatives not to call you

the one i use is .............

0844 861 8686, listen to the start of the message, then the number
0061 x xxxx xxxx followed by #.

this is only 1p a minute
Old Jun 15th 2006, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I've just been in carphone warehouse asking about Talk Talk for my MIL. Apparently for £21 a month you get free broadband for life, phone line rental and ALL calls are free including calls to AUS and lots of other overseas country's
Tracie

I was looking at this for my mum online today. If she applies today they can set her up by the end of August - 2.5 months!!!!!!!

Worth waiting for i guess
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
I'v just been chatting away not taking any notice of the time!!!
will check small print and my next bill!!!
Thanks Gina
They told me it's 70 mins free then you get charged or you can hang up and ring again.
Tracie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by touchingcloth
I was looking at this for my mum online today. If she applies today they can set her up by the end of August - 2.5 months!!!!!!!

Worth waiting for i guess
Yea they did say it can take up to 3 months at the min but I think it's worth it in the end. for free calls, especially if you make a lot of overseas calls.
Tracie
Old Jun 15th 2006, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

mattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura aboutmattvicki has a spectacular aura about

I think its 70 minutes....

Better still send a carrier pigeon (that's what I've suggested my mother-in-law does!)

Originally Posted by geordiekaz
I'v just been chatting away not taking any notice of the time!!!
will check small print and my next bill!!!
Thanks Gina
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:25 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Calling cards is about as good as it gets I think.

I've had no real joy with a few tho inc 'Talk Tomato' and another which the name escapes me.

I've been recommended a 'Gotalk' one which I have, but not tried yet. Calls to the UK are a few cents per min I've been told, but as I say not tried it yet.

Hi we use Ozcall for Oz to UK calls. It's slightly cheaper than GoTalk.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:27 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paul&Nic
Better still go to:

http://www.telediscount.co.uk/cheap_calls/australia.php

and pay 1p per min to landlines or 13p per min to mobiles! ...

Tried and tested! ...

From what I can gather on the link you posted there's no need for a # key? Am I right in thinking that?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Jun 15th 2006, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

davykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud ofdavykaz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by breezeboylan
I've just been in carphone warehouse asking about Talk Talk for my MIL. Apparently for £21 a month you get free broadband for life, phone line rental and ALL calls are free including calls to AUS and lots of other overseas country's
Tracie
friend of mine set up a contract with this mob and have had nothing but trouble from day one from no line to only in comig and then only outgoing etc etc

just a word of warning beware
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

I've just purchased a Day & Night (Night & Day?) card from a website called phonecard selector (there was a link from BE a few weeks back I think). I bought it online - $20 card gives me over 1000 minutes talk time to the UK and there is no connection fee - they quote 2c a min. Some cards only charge 1c a min but there is a connection charge (apart from local phone call). Only pain is you have to dial a million numbers and you need to live in certain areas to avoid paying national call rates.

This all sounds very confusing when I read it back but I'm sure you'll work it out. It was very easy to sort out anyway.

Julie
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:14 am
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
the one i use is .............

0844 861 8686, listen to the start of the message, then the number
0061 x xxxx xxxx followed by #.

this is only 1p a minute
Do you if there is a connection fee for this, or do you just pay the 1p a minute?

Tracey x
Old Jun 18th 2006, 12:17 pm
Hilton`s

Hilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to allHilton`s is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Do you if there is a connection fee for this, or do you just pay the 1p a minute?

Tracey x
Bump - anyone?

Tracey x
Old Jun 18th 2006, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

stubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nicestubbyholder is just really nice

Bump - anyone?

Tracey x
Hi Tracey........ with the one I use, (Telesavers), there's no connection fee whatsoever

S
Old Jun 18th 2006, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

rpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud ofrpa34 has much to be proud of

Tracey x
no fee whatsoever!
if they are with BT here the call will just register on their normal phone bill.
thats what makes it so easy to use.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 5:10 am
Hilton`s

Originally Posted by rpa34
no fee whatsoever!
if they are with BT here the call will just register on their normal phone bill.
thats what makes it so easy to use.
Thanks everyone.

Tracey x
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:41 am
Been here since 31.12.06.

off-to-melbourne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stubbyholder
I use www.telesavers.co.uk ............ 1p per min landline, 10p p. m. mobile....bargain
S

I have been using Discount Dial for 1/2p per minute. Their number is: 0844 200 9090. After a short introductory message you will need to enter the full number you want to reach in Australia and then press #

The call disconnects after 3 hours but you can dial again as often as you want.

I believe their mobile rate is also 10p per minute.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.