Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No pics please! (Spiders)

No pics please! (Spiders)

Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:03 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default No pics please! (Spiders)

Ok,

I understand that the small spiders are the more dangerous variety and the larger ones are probably OK and mostly harmless. I am also aware that the people who don't understand those of us who have the irrational fear don't understand what the problem is.

But...

If you find a plate sized spider in you house what the f&*k do you do?

I'm assuming you can't hoover it up, you can't put a glass over it and slide a piece of card under it and there's no way it's going down the plughole. How do you get rid of it?!?

Please don't debate dangerous and non-dangerous, that's not the point. I'm speaking on behalf of all of us with an irrational fear who don't care how dangerous it is, just how 'spidery' it is!

Cheers.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No pics please! (Spiders)

http://www.spidercatcher.com.au/
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of lightSteve G is a glorious beacon of light

Instead of putting a glass over them, keep a dustbin in the corner of the room. That should cover even the biggest of them!!
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:22 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve G
Instead of putting a glass over them, keep a dustbin in the corner of the room. That should cover even the biggest of them!!

I would just buy a large cricket bat !!!

Practice your swing tho
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I saw the spidercatcher on a tv programme. Not big enough for trapping plate-size spiders. I know someone who found a big Huntsman on an outside wall and sprayed a whole can of Mortein on it, but the thing just went berserk and they ended up knocking it down with a broom and bashing it. I think your best bit is to get friendly with the neighbours quickly, and find an Aussie bloke who isn't bothered by them, who you could ring in an emergency! My sister lives with such a guy and he has no problems picking them up, has been bitten a few times but that doesn't put him off.
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:25 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacqui
I saw the spidercatcher on a tv programme. Not big enough for trapping plate-size spiders. I know someone who found a big Huntsman on an outside wall and sprayed a whole can of Mortein on it, but the thing just went berserk and they ended up knocking it down with a broom and bashing it. I think your best bit is to get friendly with the neighbours quickly, and find an Aussie bloke who isn't bothered by them, who you could ring in an emergency! My sister lives with such a guy and he has no problems picking them up, has been bitten a few times but that doesn't put him off.

dONT THEY SAY "NO SENSE NO FEELING"
Old Sep 16th 2005, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

Storini will become famous soon enoughStorini will become famous soon enough

For the bigger ones you could try:
http://video.gprime.net/media/video/...amethrower.wmv (also at http://gprime.net/video.php/supersoakerflamethrower )