Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No More Storms Pls

Wikiposts

No More Storms Pls

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default No More Storms Pls

Please don't tell me there is another storm coming, I am knackered from last night.
Suzanne
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No More Storms Pls

Plenty more where they came from I'm afraid Suzanne Could keep going another month or so.....
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:26 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Last nights storm was very tame here, almost no wind, only an inch of rain, just a bit of thunder & lightning really.

Just enough to water the new turf we put down before xmas .
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

We was lucky, it wasn't too bad here ..... however the storm the other month :scared: :scared: not seen anything like that before :scared:

We'll get used to them...one day!

Sue x
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 11:49 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by svinnes
Please don't tell me there is another storm coming, I am knackered from last night.
Suzanne

I know, tell me about it. Whole family still awake at 2am.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 12:03 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I annoy the long suffering Mrs Centurion. She is kept up by the storms and I somehow always manage to sleep right through them no matter how bad they are.

Weatherman says we're in for a few more days of rain and thunder. Saves watering the garden as the lawn was starting to look a bit brownish.
Old Jan 4th 2006, 1:45 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Funniest bit of last night - my boss is the Duty Officer this week, so his mobile rings every time one of those storm warnings on the Met Bureau site gets updated.
He couldn't sleep anyway cos of the storm, finally dropped off at about 1am....only to be woken by a mobile going off at 2.30am........it was the Met Bureau telling him all the storm warnings are now cancelled! He was NOT amused when I saw him this morning!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:53 am
Drunken Aussie

brisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nicebrisnick is just really nice

i love these storms. long may they continue!
Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

It can storm like a good un during the day, But i can't stand the lights going out, Which is something that happens a lot here. Saying that you don't need a storm to put the lights out here. I was walking through the house the other night and the lights went out, I couldn't see a bloody thing, Had to crawl on my hands and knees to find the torch, And hoping there was no spiders. And that was a power fault nothing to do with a storm.
Suzanne