Medicare

Old Jan 4th 2006, 6:50 am
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice
Default Medicare

Hi all

My daughter and I touched down on Bribie 3 weeks ago, and now the holiday period is over I've been looking into getting registered for Medicare. However I've read somewhere (can't remember where now) that cus we came over on a Prospective Marriage Visa that we can't enrol for a Medicare Card until after the wedding and Spouse Visa have been sorted.

Can anyone give any advice on whether this is the case?

Thanks

Laura

Old Jan 4th 2006, 10:41 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Medicare

Originally Posted by LauraJ
Hi all

My daughter and I touched down on Bribie 3 weeks ago, and now the holiday period is over I've been looking into getting registered for Medicare. However I've read somewhere (can't remember where now) that cus we came over on a Prospective Marriage Visa that we can't enrol for a Medicare Card until after the wedding and Spouse Visa have been sorted.
You can register with Medicare as soon as you *apply* for the spouse visa.

In the meantime you may (or you may not) be eligible for cover under the reciprocal scheme for UK residents.

Jeremy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

LauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really niceLauraJ is just really nice

Ok, thanks for the clarification Jeremy

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can register with Medicare as soon as you *apply* for the spouse visa.

In the meantime you may (or you may not) be eligible for cover under the reciprocal scheme for UK residents.

Jeremy
Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by LauraJ
Ok, thanks for the clarification Jeremy
In the mean time, best to contact medicare and ask for exact clarification on getting a RHAC.