Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No more NZ visas !

No more NZ visas !

Old Oct 30th 2003, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road
Default No more NZ visas !

I was out for lunch at the weekend with some friends of friends who want to emigrate to New Zealand.

They had been told from a "reliable source" that the application process to New Zealand had changed in that there were no longer visas but instead you had to be invited to live there by the NZ government.

I was dying to ask how they proposed to get their invite letter but thought better of it as I really did not want to get into that conversation.

Just imagine !
Old Nov 1st 2003, 8:25 am
Just Joined

Gaffer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No more NZ visas !

Originally posted by sjn2003
I was out for lunch at the weekend with some friends of friends who want to emigrate to New Zealand.

They had been told from a "reliable source" that the application process to New Zealand had changed in that there were no longer visas but instead you had to be invited to live there by the NZ government.

I was dying to ask how they proposed to get their invite letter but thought better of it as I really did not want to get into that conversation.

Just imagine !
From July this year you now have to have a job offer to go to New Zealand under the skills category. This category is changing though and the new rules will come in during either next month or early in the New Year when the process is along the lines your friends have outlined. If you submit your application before the new rules come in, it will be assessed according to the present rules.