Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No of Incomes in your household?

View Poll Results: How many Incomes are there in your household?
I'm single and live by myself (no kids) so there's only one income
0.83%
I'm single and live by myself (I have kids) so there's only one income
0.83%
Married or with a partner (no kids) we both work F/T the income split is roughly 50/50
9.09%
Married or with a partner (no kids) we both work F/T the income split is more like 75/25
4.96%
Married or with a partner (no kids) one of us works F/T the other part time
1.65%
Married or with a partner (no kids) and only one of us works
3.31%
Married or with a partner (with kids) we both work F/T the income split is roughly 50/50
11.57%
Married or with a partner (with kids) we both work F/T the income split is more like 75/25
7.44%
Married or with a partner (with kids) one of us works F/T the other part time
22.31%
Married or with a partner (with kids) and only one of us works
38.02%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

No of Incomes in your household?

Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:35 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No of Incomes in your household?

Im interested to know on average how many incomes there are in the household. A number of threads about cost of living, house prices etc have got me thinking about this, im not sure its going to be very accurate as im sure there's a fair few on here that only come on here because there not working, but we'll see.
The impression I currently have is that there's quite a high expectation that there will only be one person working fulltime (and this is not a dig at mums etc before anyone tries the "are you saying being a mums not a a full time job" )

Sorry I had Poll issues... I had to much waffle in my choices...) Please vote now!

Last edited by steve99; Oct 24th 2007 at 2:43 am. Reason: Poll issues....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No of Incomes in your household?

Originally Posted by steve99
Im interested to know on average how many incomes there are in the household. A number of threads about cost of living, house prices etc have got me thinking about this, im not sure its going to be very accurate as im sure there's a fair few on here that only come on here because there not working, but we'll see.
The impression I currently have is that there's quite a high expectation that there will only be one person working fulltime (and this is not a dig at mums etc before anyone tries the "are you saying being a mums not a a full time job" )
We have one income in our house. We had 2 in England. Our income in the UK, although good, was not enough for us as our outgoings were huge. Here Mr NB earns more and our outgoings are less which enables me to stay home until my youngest is a little older.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

There's only the one in our house at the minute. I do however want a job, cos I'm bored and hate being at home all the time.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Sorry I had Poll issues... I had to much waffle in my choices...) Please vote now!
we're on one income here as OH stays at home working hard
it was 2 incomes in th UK, enough to be happy with
here i earn about the same as i did there and we haven't got the extra income... it's not as comfortable as we once were
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:50 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

1 income which we can live comfortably on.
My wife is at home raising my son - as a mother should.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

we have 1 1/2 incomes - OH f/t, i am p/t although work is fits and starts lately....

i work from home so able to look after our daughter and work while she sleeps, otherwise cost of childcare would mean it probably wasnt worth me working at all.

we could manage just on oh's money but my bit helps with extras and keeps me sane!! although i think i went back to work too soon aftrer dd was born....
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:05 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
There's only the one in our house at the minute. I do however want a job, cos I'm bored and hate being at home all the time.

God I know where you coming from, I hate house work, ironing, but, with the way my kidney has been playing up recently, I'll be lucky to do anything.
oh there is only one of us work too.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
1 income which we can live comfortably on.
My wife is at home raising my son - as a mother should.
Have you been talking to my OH, that a wife should stay at home to look after the children.

I totally agree with that, but why cant he get me maid as well so I'll be looked after too, no more house work.
Its not as if I'm asking too much.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:16 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing thats comes out of all this is that im the only one without kids
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:37 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing thats comes out of all this is that im the only one without kids
if you'd done this poll a year ago i could have chosen that option!!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

OH has his own business, and I'm at uni full time with two school age kids. Apart from assignment time, I'm finding I have too much time on my hands so just started doing some contract work for an old boss.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 3:59 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

No kids for the wife and I and 2 incomes which lead to no real money problems.
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:12 am
Living in Perthection

Originally Posted by TrickyTree
No kids for the wife and I and 2 incomes which lead to no real money problems.
Yeah! I like you
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:39 am

>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute>Trigger< has a reputation beyond repute

2 incomes in our joint.....trouble is got champagne taste on beer money!
Old Oct 24th 2007, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Double post

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Oct 24th 2007 at 4:56 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.