Reload this Page >

No house to sell and no money!!!!!

Wikiposts

No house to sell and no money!!!!!

Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

bessie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
I would be realistic and do yourself a budget based on current rentals, and save if possible.

we have done a budget based on the following :-

Shipping cost
Travel including flights and spending money
Rent for 6 months @ $200 per week
money to live off for 6 months
cheap car with stamp duty
tv

Bessie, are thier not minimum awards for tradesmen out there ?

I am also thinking of having a fund for a good accountant and solicitor to know all my rights etc.
hello this is bessie,the wage i have put down is thw minimum award. feel free to ask us any more questions
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:05 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Carrianne
I would be realistic and do yourself a budget based on current rentals, and save if possible.

we have done a budget based on the following :-

Shipping cost
Travel including flights and spending money
Rent for 6 months @ $200 per week
money to live off for 6 months
cheap car with stamp duty
tv

Bessie, are thier not minimum awards for tradesmen out there ?

I am also thinking of having a fund for a good accountant and solicitor to know all my rights etc.
Allow $300 a week in Sydney. We had to pay 2 weeks rent in advance plus 4 weeks deposit.
Old Sep 28th 2003, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

barbs is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we live in the west of Ireland, Galway at the moment, we are thinking of moving to Perth but will see, really loved Sydney when we were there but not sure about living there full time, Im applying as Marketing Specailiast , my partner is a engineering technican (drafter/autocad), therefore we have to do the bond to make 115 points
thanks for all your replys and good advice
Old Sep 29th 2003, 1:26 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by bessie
hi not to b too negative,but we have been in brisbane now for three months,we came with about 14000 pounds,and are now struggling to find a house under $200000 ,yes i know we can get a unit for about 160 or a small town house in a complex for about 200,but we came over here hoping to buy a house in a nice part of brisbane,but all we can afford house wise is in logan which is about 25 km from brisbane and not very nice.wages here r crap as well ,i'm a sparky and get $16.09 an hour,my wife worked as an admin ass. in uk here they also want u to do accounting etc.etc., so she still has no job.
also when you live in a unit or townhouse complex(which they all r) u have to pay a body corporate fee every quarter,however u do get $7000 from the goverment for first time home buyers,but not for new houses.
anyway hope this helps.
ian and paula.

aus/uk same shit different bucket
bessie, about that grant - why do you say that it is not for new houses? The 7 thou grant is for all homes, new, building new, or buying an old existing house. It's for all homes. Who ever told you that grant is for not new homes is wrong. As long as you are PR or a citizen and it's your first home in Aus you can claim for it.
here's the link to the QLD gov site, you can download the grant forms there. http://www.osr.qld.gov.au/index.htm

Also, if you are having a bit of trouble finding a home for your type of money, have you thought about trying the northern areas of Brisbane? Morayfield etc. My friend lives up there, he paid $65 thou for his land (they are a bit more now though.. around $85 thou I think) and built a 4 bed basic house for around the $120,000 mark. Further down , on the coast, such as Redcliffe (deadcliffe to me, it's not my cup of tea.. but some may like it there) you can still buy homes (three bed brick, 15 yr old) for around $240 in the rothwell and kippa ring region of the area. If you don't mind Fibro housing you can buy in the clontarf area which is closer to the sea for around $240
Extend your search to the northern half of Brisbane, you may still pick up a bargain if you are lucky. And also look into building a new home. you may still be able to pick up a plot of land for under $90 grand. You can then build a house within your budget.

Good luck