No Going Back

Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Going Back

Are that family on No going back tonight ever on this forum?
Old Jul 1st 2004, 8:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

shirley's been on here once or twice.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

It's just a pity they live in Redcliffe, which is a craphole.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:24 pm
99.99999% there !

EssexNobby is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched it, thought it was good viewing.

Shirley was superb, she's got enough get up and go for several people - just as well though because her hubby was a waste of space. All he seemed to do was work on the boat which got sold in the end anyway. She did all of the running around, advertising, setting up a new company, buying a plot of land for a new house, etc.

Go Shirley !

p.s. Didn't Redcliffe look great ?, imagine riding down any street in the UK on a bicycle with your young kiddie in a child seat on the back ?. :scared:. You wouldn't dream of doing that here (bad traffic and worse drivers) but it looked quite fun and relaxing over there
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:43 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by EssexNobby
p.s. Didn't Redcliffe look great ?.
Trust me it's not. There are lots of nice areas in SE Qld, but this isn't one of them.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 9:49 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by EssexNobby
Shirley was superb, she's got enough get up and go for several people - just as well though because her hubby was a waste of space. All he seemed to do was work on the boat which got sold in the end anyway. She did all of the running around, advertising, setting up a new company, buying a plot of land for a new house, etc.
Grossly unfair. She was in marketing, it was her thing. He OTOH had been a fireman and was then a builder. So what did he do? He worked on the boat, he did the mechanical stuff. What did you expect? They didn't show the new house being worked on but I'll bet you anything he did (or will do) all the hard work on that. Remember he had single-handedly converted that one-bedroom flat they sold at the beginning.

It's easy to be impressed by marketing but remember the goods have to be made in the first place. (Marketing has to happen too, of course; I've seen perfectly good products die a death through inadequate publicity.)

And they bought the plot, not her alone.

Last edited by MarkMyWords; Jul 1st 2004 at 9:54 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 10:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Amazulu
Trust me it's not. There are lots of nice areas in SE Qld, but this isn't one of them.

Any advice on areas around there gratefully received. What's wrong with Redcliffe?
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:15 am
Just Joined

sunnysyd is an unknown quantity at this point

If anybody has the time - would they mind briiefly summarising this No Going Back episode as I remember seeing the original back in the UK but obviously can't get the updated episode out here.

thanks in advance!
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:33 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally posted by sunnysyd
If anybody has the time - would they mind briiefly summarising this No Going Back episode as I remember seeing the original back in the UK but obviously can't get the updated episode out here.

thanks in advance!

Basicaly his fishing business was going nowhere. The weather was bad or when the weather was good there was something wrong with the boat.

Her wig business started doing very well, she is travelling all over the country and now setting up a national franchise business.

He has decided to sell the boat and join her in the wigs! The plot of land they bought 2 years ago has now doubled in price (help) and they took out a loan to finally build the house.

They then decided to use some of that money to open up a beauty salon/hairdressers place in Redcliffe.

When it finished, they agreed that things hadn't gone to plan, they had never been so stressed but were happy. Once the boat was sold they would be able to build the house. He was going to do the building himself.

It would be interesting to know how they are since the programme though.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:44 am

nikkers will become famous soon enoughnikkers will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by sunnysyd

thanks in advance!
I'll have a go it was mostly about the need to set up a business

with a turn over of 70000.

He started the fishing which went well when they got bookings then they struggled as the weather out at sea was often to windy to sail and they had to keep cancelling clients.

They also were in rented and they said they needed to have their own house to make the visa easier.

So Shirley set up the wig company and started selling them all over oz.They took a loan to buy land and then bought a hairdressing and beauty shop which he renovated (they went in with some friends)

He realised he needed to sell the boat and they borrowed more money to build a house on their land which he was going to build himself!

The kids settled really well one was very good at gymnastics and was in some national? team

He said he had never been so stressed before and how they were struggling with money and rowing mostly about money

Shirley was spending lots of time flying to Sydney etc and there were lots of early morning starts.

They really wanted to stay and hoped when the boat sold they could pay of their loans.

That was about it!I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

Nikki x
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:47 am

Hey moneypen

Beat me to it

Think I'm a slower typer

Nikki x
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 10:53 am
Just Joined

sunnysyd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Nikki & Moneypen - that was really great - feels as real as watching the show myself! thanks...
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:14 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally posted by nikkers
Hey moneypen

Beat me to it

Think I'm a slower typer

Nikki x

Funny how we saw the same thing but remembered differently
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:42 am

Originally posted by moneypen20
Funny how we saw the same thing but remembered differently

I think you summarised it much better than me

I must waffle more

Nikki x
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 12:32 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally posted by nikkers
I think you summarised it much better than me

I must waffle more

Nikki x

You'll have to discuss that with Kevan - he wouldn't believe anyone can waffle more than me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.