British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   no cadburys for the aussies.. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/no-cadburys-aussies-440225/)

Tuxtrip Apr 6th 2007 1:25 pm

Re: no cadburys for the aussies..

Only if the wildlife doesn't get to them first!! It's a fine line between getting them in place before the kids get up but not too early so the possums/dogs/cats/birds don't get them. As long as they're hidden under ferns and trees, the sun doesn't usually get them before the kids either.
Not a problem in the UK of course.

aston man Apr 6th 2007 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip (Post 4608869)
Only if the wildlife doesn't get to them first!! It's a fine line between getting them in place before the kids get up but not too early so the possums/dogs/cats/birds don't get them. As long as they're hidden under ferns and trees, the sun doesn't usually get them before the kids either.
Not a problem in the UK of course.

hey ,its red hot here at the moment,still would rather be eating not so quite nice chocky over there though...

asher Apr 6th 2007 3:45 pm

I'd rather not be eating any chocky!:rofl:
I think I shall have to superglue my teeth together tonight!!:D

Kim

russmcp Apr 6th 2007 6:15 pm

Give me a king sized cherry ripe anyday!

I'm not much of a choccie fan though every time I have been in Oz I have had a real craving for Cadburys Picnics. Don't like the UK version, I even get my mate in Oz to send them to me (and Cherry Ripes)

moo-cow! Apr 6th 2007 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by m100 (Post 4608668)
Does anyone know why Cadbury's Choc taste different over here?
by the way you cant get Cadbury's buttons here!!

Was told by my brother (who lives in Melbourne) Cadbury's Choc tastes different due to the different emulsifier they use (doesn't melt as quick) Dunno if it's true or not! :)

moo-cow!

paulf Apr 7th 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by moo-cow! (Post 4609602)
Was told by my brother (who lives in Melbourne) Cadbury's Choc tastes different due to the different emulsifier they use (doesn't melt as quick) Dunno if it's true or not! :)

moo-cow!

Thats what I heard too, I hated Cadburys in the UK, got a real liking for the Aussie Cadburys though:o takes a bit of will power to resist it :p

asher Apr 7th 2007 12:17 am

Originally Posted by paulf (Post 4610607)
Thats what I heard too, I hated Cadburys in the UK, got a real liking for the Aussie Cadburys though:o takes a bit of will power to resist it :p

you can superglue your teeth as well:rofl: :rofl:

Kim