Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

No Acknowledgement

No Acknowledgement

Old Oct 14th 2004, 4:54 am
Just Joined

arham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No Acknowledgement

One month has passed still i haven't received any acknowledgement from dimia neither by mail nor by email? what should i do? do i contact dimia? do they mind if someone contact them by fax or phone for the acknowledgement?
Old Oct 14th 2004, 5:55 am
Just Joined

bunyip72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No Acknowledgement

Hi
I've not recieived an acknowledgement either or any requests for further docs and my cc was charged on the 8th Sept - I don't think we're the only ones still waiting who applied in September, it seems to have slowed back down again. I'll let you know if I hear anything but in the meantime I'm still getting up early every morning to check my email and racing home for the post every night! BTW, has anyone been notified of a PR visa grant by email? I did check the email box on the form but everyone else seems to be getting postal acknowledgements/notifications.

Have a good day!

B72
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:40 am
Just Joined

Look Below

Last edited by arham; Oct 14th 2004 at 6:49 am.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Right B72, you guessed right the system seems to have slowed down again.i will be really grateful if you will let me know about your status periodically and i will do the same for u as well. i was advised by an administrator of another forum to ask for the confirmation of application receipt through email. just now i have sent a fax for the purpose. you may choose email for further inquiry.

if you paid by cc - send an email to Adelaide - quote your DOB and the credit card transaction date / amount and ask for confirmation of receipt of the application.

i think PR visa grant used to be sent via email notification followed by a postal mail.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 2:00 pm
joveazey

Hi,

We haven't received anything either and our credit card was debited on 11th Sep. Hopefully sometime soon !

Jo

Old Oct 15th 2004, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Is anybody else here who applied in september ? Please tell us your status
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Billabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really niceBillabong is just really nice

Not getting an acknowledgement is par for the course. DIMIA are useless!!

Don't worry about it - as long as your card has been charged, cheque cashed etc then you have a lodgement date which should suffice for now.

Don't panic!!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by arham
Is anybody else here who applied in september ? Please tell us your status
We got our acknowledgement letter 1 month and 19 days after application.

See below for dates.
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:28 am
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to buck the trend here, and not trying to be a smart ass . But I have found DIMIA (so far) to be very helpful and reasonably efficient.

We sent our application on 13th Aug, CC debited a week later, confirmation recieved first week of September. Had our meds this week and requested police checks about 2 weeks ago.

Sent an email to our case officer letting him know what was going on and he replied the replied the following day.

I wonder if it is case officer related

Best of luck to those waiting and hope you all get replies soon.

Gary

Originally Posted by Billabong
Not getting an acknowledgement is par for the course. DIMIA are useless!!

Don't worry about it - as long as your card has been charged, cheque cashed etc then you have a lodgement date which should suffice for now.

Don't panic!!
Old Oct 15th 2004, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

I've just checked out Austimeline and there are some September applicants who have had request for medicals & PCC.
Old Oct 16th 2004, 6:59 am
Just Joined

Ozscarlet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Arham, we are one of the September applicants who have received an acknowledgement. Took one month but felt like a year ... getting used to limbo now though. Hang in there.

Our timeline looks a bit like this....

Doc's arrived ASPC on 6th Sept, credit card charged 8th Sept, letter from ASPC requesting more info (as I work through my own co re employment etc), meds and police checks recd last Tues, 12th Oct, dated 6th Oct.

The letter from ASPC states that "Fast Tracking can be achieved by returning all of the requested documentation....at the same time by [15th December]" - I have no idea how fast "Fast Tracking" means though

We've done meds and got police checks and have sign off with my accountant next Friday for requested employment info so we should certainly have all docs with ASPC by mid Nov at the latest. And then we wait...

Alex
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

THYE.A. is an unknown quantity at this point

One month has passed still i haven't received any acknowledgement from dimia neither by mail nor by email? what should i do? do i contact dimia? do they mind if someone contact them by fax or phone for the acknowledgement?
Not too worry.

We did not receive any acknowledgement too.,.The first mail we got from DIMIA was asking for Medical checks.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

bunyip72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Right B72, you guessed right the system seems to have slowed down again.i will be really grateful if you will let me know about your status periodically and i will do the same for u as well. i was advised by an administrator of another forum to ask for the confirmation of application receipt through email. just now i have sent a fax for the purpose. you may choose email for further inquiry.

if you paid by cc - send an email to Adelaide - quote your DOB and the credit card transaction date / amount and ask for confirmation of receipt of the application.

i think PR visa grant used to be sent via email notification followed by a postal mail.

Hiya Arham
As you might have seen in another thread, I got my acknowledgement and PCC request on Friday (15th). My PCCs have already been sent a week or so ago, so I'm really hoping I may hear something soon. Anyone have any idea how long the case is decided after meds and PCCs are sent?

B72
Old Oct 17th 2004, 4:51 pm
Just Joined

simran is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bunyip72
Hiya Arham
As you might have seen in another thread, I got my acknowledgement and PCC request on Friday (15th). My PCCs have already been sent a week or so ago, so I'm really hoping I may hear something soon. Anyone have any idea how long the case is decided after meds and PCCs are sent?

B72
Congrats B72

you are stepped ahead. Thanks for letting us know about your status.
my credit card was charged on 13th of Sep so i hope that soon i will hear something good as well.
As well as i know they are taking about 2 months after receiving meds etc.
Old Oct 17th 2004, 5:33 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by simran
Congrats B72

you are stepped ahead. Thanks for letting us know about your status.
my credit card was charged on 13th of Sep so i hope that soon i will hear something good as well.
As well as i know they are taking about 2 months after receiving meds etc.
hi there, we sent off for our visas mid august (skilled) and medicals where asked for about 3 weeks after, and visas arrived last Thursday. Hope yours won't be too long now, and wish you all the very best