Nitrox

Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:14 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nitrox

calling all divers in aus

as i`m about to enrol in a nitrox course
i`d like to know is nitrox widely available in Aus
well brisbane to be more specific

thanks in advance

steve
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:33 am

rossifumi will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nitrox

Originally Posted by steve`o

thanks in advance

steve
Redcliffe matey.

Seems to be a few other places for Nitrox fills.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 6:50 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rossifumi
Redcliffe matey.

Seems to be a few other places for Nitrox fills.
thanks rossifumi

do you get the chance to dive regularly over there ?
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:00 am

thanks rossifumi

do you get the chance to dive regularly over there ?
Mate I wish really I do. The metal work in me shoulder plays havoc with the compass.

Do you manage to get out much? Mate of 2 x 2's arn't you?

Rich
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:08 am
Worongary

Mate I wish really I do. The metal work in me shoulder plays havoc with the compass.

Do you manage to get out much?
yeah still help alittle with studants at our local padi centre
( i`m a padi DM )
that and my daughter terri ( 13 ) is just doing her open water
some of our aussie BE members suggested that it would be cheaper to kit her up in the UK so i got her enrolled nad bought her her first set of gear ( she loves it )
also got myself a new dive comp at he same time
just to save money of course

Mate of 2 x 2's arn't you?

Rich
nope you must be confusing me with some one else
rich

regards steve
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:12 am

Sorry Steve I thought you were, must be someone else.

Are you over here yet?

Rich
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:27 am
Worongary

Sorry Steve I thought you were, must be someone else.

Are you over here yet?

Rich
no we fly out on the 8th oct

we are heading for the gold coast at the moment
its school related as we have been doing seaches etc for our daughters schooling and robina high seems very good
but so does albany creek which i know is in the opposite direction but i`m of the opinion that her schooling comes first
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 7:52 am

no we fly out on the 8th oct

we are heading for the gold coast at the moment
its school related as we have been doing seaches etc for our daughters schooling and robina high seems very good
but so does albany creek which i know is in the opposite direction but i`m of the opinion that her schooling comes first
Our kids go to school in Albany Creek they are 6 & 8. If there is anything you wish to know about AC or the schools drop us a line mate. I'll PM you my address.

Rich
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:03 am
Worongary

Our kids go to school in Albany Creek they are 6 & 8. If there is anything you wish to know about AC or the schools drop us a line mate. I'll PM you my address.

Rich
thanks for the offer rich your a gent

we`ve also been in touch with a lovely and helpful lady called jacki B
she`s sent us loads of info on albany creek along with the school prospectus etc

its amazing how really helpful joining this forum has been to us with both the applications tra and visa and general what where how type questions that i have posted

on the whole the members have gone out of their way to assit us answering our questions and giving advice the list is endless

thanks again i will be in touch

regards steve
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance

steve
Not a diver yet - got to wait until next Feb but if you're going to be down this way Surfers Paradise Divers do Nitrox refills and there is a really good business down here in Currumbin called Palm Beach Dives who can probably help http://www.pbdive.com.au/ There is apparently some good diving round Cook Island.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:03 am
Worongary

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Not a diver yet - got to wait until next Feb but if you're going to be down this way Surfers Paradise Divers do Nitrox refills and there is a really good business down here in Currumbin called Palm Beach Dives who can probably help http://www.pbdive.com.au/ There is apparently some good diving round Cook Island.
thanks moneypen20
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

It seems most places around Sydney do nitrox but they charge a fortune for it and only do 32 and 36 mixes so I've stuck to air.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:52 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

thanks in advance

steve
Steve have you had a chat with Buzzy Bee yet? Although they may end up in Melbourne sounds like he would be interesed in chatting about the diving.

Some great spots across the water in NZ - Poor Knights etc.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:37 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Heaps of places do nitrox fills. You dont have to go as far as Surfers or Redcliffe - which aren't in Brisbane. Pro dive in Milton for example or Dive Dive Dive. If you narrow the area a bit then I'm sure you'll find something a lot closer.

DO NOT (and I repeat this) bring your UK cylinders if you have any though. Many people will attest to this.

As to if a Nitrox course is worth it - sure! If nothing else it means that you can always then try out semi closed rebreathers or even if you dont use it when local diving (I dont) then you can use it further north where extended bottom time is more worth it.

PS - Remember to get your PADI membership transferred to Asia Pacific offices. The only down side here is that you must have compulsory insurance to be in teaching status which isnt cheap - about $400 a year. Brings my annual costs to quite a meaningful amount sadly as I have to renew that, instructor, IDC staff and a shed load of others. Whoever said diving was cheap lol.
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

jayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nicejayjd12 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Centurion
Heaps of places do nitrox fills. You dont have to go as far as Surfers or Redcliffe - which aren't in Brisbane. Pro dive in Milton for example or Dive Dive Dive. If you narrow the area a bit then I'm sure you'll find something a lot closer.

DO NOT (and I repeat this) bring your UK cylinders if you have any though. Many people will attest to this.

As to if a Nitrox course is worth it - sure! If nothing else it means that you can always then try out semi closed rebreathers or even if you dont use it when local diving (I dont) then you can use it further north where extended bottom time is more worth it.

PS - Remember to get your PADI membership transferred to Asia Pacific offices. The only down side here is that you must have compulsory insurance to be in teaching status which isnt cheap - about $400 a year. Brings my annual costs to quite a meaningful amount sadly as I have to renew that, instructor, IDC staff and a shed load of others. Whoever said diving was cheap lol.
Hi Centurion, just picked up on your stating not to bring over the Cylnders, is there a particular reason for this, weight etc or are they just fantastically cheap (I bet this aint the answer is it?)

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.