British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nissan X Trail (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nissan-x-trail-586644/)

hevs Jan 26th 2009 1:17 am

Re: Nissan X Trail

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 7212260)
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.

But the pathfinder is the next step up in terms of size and price....and IMHO they are butt ugly:p:lol:

Catch Jan 26th 2009 2:16 am

Originally Posted by Centurion (Post 7212260)
Have a pathfinder too. Good around town and excellent off road. Taken mine to beaches, tracks and some bush stuff with no complaints.

Would recommend that more than the x trail which is a bit of a shopping trolley.

kept up with my mate's pathfinder on the bushtracks outside exmouth,got to be a bit gentle with them but they are better off road than people credit:thumbup:

DrWho Jan 26th 2009 7:21 am

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH (Post 7209999)
Nissan Navara - gets my vote. Damn capable wagon, and the 4.0 petrol is a dream to drive on-road as well. Oh, and (IMHO) it looks fantastic too, which helps. :thumbsup:

Source: Nissan

But the build quality is crap compared to a Tojo... Just gave my 15 month old ST-X 2.5DT to a work colleague and went and bought an 8 year old 'Cruiser... much better and I'm much happier... :thumbup:

aus2be_OH Jan 26th 2009 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by DrWho (Post 7213137)
But the build quality is crap compared to a Tojo... Just gave my 15 month old ST-X 2.5DT to a work colleague and went and bought an 8 year old 'Cruiser... much better and I'm much happier... :thumbup:

Can't argue with the fact that Toyota build quality is bomb proof. :thumbup:
I've always wanted a Navara though, IMHO they look the dogs dangly bits, cope great off road, and the petrol drives well on road as well. As for build quality, I personally haven't owned one for long enough to comment. I did sell (am selling) my 3.4L V6 Prado to own the Navara. :thumbup:

DrWho Jan 26th 2009 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH (Post 7215528)
Can't argue with the fact that Toyota build quality is bomb proof. :thumbup:
I've always wanted a Navara though, IMHO they look the dogs dangly bits, cope great off road, and the petrol drives well on road as well. As for build quality, I personally haven't owned one for long enough to comment. I did sell (am selling) my 3.4L V6 Prado to own the Navara. :thumbup:

Same main reason I got one... thought they looked great; still do in fact... but ownership didn't live up to expectations... :( Creak, rattle 'n roll... :D

leftfield Jan 26th 2009 11:04 pm

Try having a look at

http://www.australianxtrail.com/

aus2be_OH Jan 27th 2009 2:16 am

Originally Posted by DrWho (Post 7215623)
Same main reason I got one... thought they looked great; still do in fact... but ownership didn't live up to expectations... :( Creak, rattle 'n roll... :D

Did you buy yours new? How many k's were on the clock? Diesel wasn't it? What kind of rattles and squeaks?

Mine has just over 5,000km's on the clock and no squeaks or rattles, yet. I'm actually very impressed with the 4.0L petrol and how smoothly it drives.

DrWho Jan 27th 2009 2:40 am

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH (Post 7216066)
Did you buy yours new? How many k's were on the clock? Diesel wasn't it? What kind of rattles and squeaks?

Mine has just over 5,000km's on the clock and no squeaks or rattles, yet. I'm actually very impressed with the 4.0L petrol and how smoothly it drives.

Bought new, diesel... the front fascia/instrument housing squeaks/creaks, etc especially in hot weather... it is also a very smooth drive and I went with it instead of a HiLux because it drove pretty much like a car not a truck... Also the drivers seat is starting to fray directly above the seat adjustment knobs... which aren 't very well positioned because when the seat is depressed it goes down to the top of them thereby increasing wear...:frown:

rockpeblar Jan 27th 2009 1:50 pm

Forester XT - try one, you'll like it......................a lot

Has a bit of a drink problem though:frown:

Darren-Debbie Jan 27th 2009 2:30 pm

Blah blah blah

all dull and boring, you cant beat a Defender or Disco 3, would rather save the pennies and wait till i could afford a proper 4wd:)

hevs Jan 27th 2009 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by Darren-Debbie (Post 7217622)
Blah blah blah

all dull and boring, you cant beat a Defender or Disco 3, would rather save the pennies and wait till i could afford a proper 4wd:)

Yeah cos anyone living in suburban Aus really NEEDS a gas guzzling massive fourby don't they?;):lol:

Grayling Jan 27th 2009 9:15 pm

I wouldn't call a Forester XT boring.

may not be a 'proper' 4wd drive but it is frighteningly fast:eek:

It will thrash the arse off the boy racers and and most 'sporty' cars.

G

aus2be_OH Jan 27th 2009 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by hevs (Post 7219486)
Yeah cos anyone living in suburban Aus really NEEDS a gas guzzling massive fourby don't they?;):lol:

How many people do you know actually buy car they NEED as opposed to buying cars they LIKE? If everyone bought cars that were purely functional we'd all be driving around in the smallest (for our needs), most economical car around. It's just that some people LIKE to buy a 4x4, as opposed to a Commodore, Fiesta, Barina <insert any car here>. Whether they actually drive it off road is neither here nor there, IMHO. :p

The majority of people purchase things with their heart, then later, justify that purchase with their head.

MarkMC Jan 27th 2009 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 7219497)
I wouldn't call a Forester XT boring.

may not be a 'proper' 4wd drive but it is frighteningly fast:eek:

G, you must get scared easily :p

Grayling Jan 27th 2009 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by MarkMC (Post 7219798)
G, you must get scared easily :p

The XT has the turbo engine......same as the WRX.

it's pretty quick