British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Nightmares before you go to OZ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/nightmares-before-you-go-oz-197315/)

WBB Dec 17th 2003 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Pollster
I talk in my sleep most nights and just this morning Hubby asked me who weshboybilly, bondipom and the little Dagboys were!!!

that has got me slightly worried, time to beef up my security i think.

:D

tinaj Dec 17th 2003 3:35 pm

Now I am worrying becauser I haven't had any nightmares - maybe this is abnormal!! After the stress of last week I am sleeping like a baby again.

Try Herbal Nytol it does the trick and is great on the plane as well!!

scutterUK Dec 17th 2003 3:58 pm

hmm sounds like this is turning in to a right confession session. *stands up and announces to the room* I also talk in my sleep and sleep walk. i've also got this thing where i move objects round in the house. It usually coincides with hot weather and stress.... looks like i'll be locking my bedroom door when i get to auz summers then!

a few of my best are turning the mattress over, with my girlfriend still in it, (she wasn't impressed) and putting the microwave in the bathroom, aparently it works better there..so i said.

I've also been known to climb in to the wardrobe, but something usually falls on me or hits me before i try breaking the door down at the back of it. (doesn't everyone have doors in the back of their wardrobes?)

I know where i get it from, my mum is the same. Years ago, when i was living at home, my dad was working abroad in saudi and i was woken up in the middle of the night by my mum screaming my name! As I jumped out of bed in a flap, i shouted out "WHAT'S WRONG! WHAT IS IT!" (or something like that). The reply comes back! "THERE'S A SNAKE AT THE END OF THE BED!!!" ......silence.

Well i got back in to bed and after a few hours my heart rate had slowed down to a point where i could fall asleep! ;) She can't remember seeing a snake, dreaming about a snake or even shouting in the middle of the night! But it scared the crap out of me!

*sits back down*

it's good to get it off your chest.

;)

Pollster Dec 17th 2003 4:02 pm

Originally posted by welshboybilly
that has got me slightly worried, time to beef up my security i think.

be afraid, be very afraid!:scared:

WBB Dec 17th 2003 6:01 pm

Originally posted by Pollster
be afraid, be very afraid!:scared:

;) you got me nervous now, i may have to go tactical and move into the shadows.

tiredwithtwins Dec 17th 2003 7:58 pm

Originally posted by scutterUK
hmm sounds like this is turning in to a right confession session. *stands up and announces to the room* I also talk in my sleep and sleep walk. i've also got this thing where i move objects round in the house. It usually coincides with hot weather and stress.... looks like i'll be locking my bedroom door when i get to auz summers then!

a few of my best are turning the mattress over, with my girlfriend still in it, (she wasn't impressed) and putting the microwave in the bathroom, aparently it works better there..so i said.

I've also been known to climb in to the wardrobe, but something usually falls on me or hits me before i try breaking the door down at the back of it. (doesn't everyone have doors in the back of their wardrobes?)

I know where i get it from, my mum is the same. Years ago, when i was living at home, my dad was working abroad in saudi and i was woken up in the middle of the night by my mum screaming my name! As I jumped out of bed in a flap, i shouted out "WHAT'S WRONG! WHAT IS IT!" (or something like that). The reply comes back! "THERE'S A SNAKE AT THE END OF THE BED!!!" ......silence.

Well i got back in to bed and after a few hours my heart rate had slowed down to a point where i could fall asleep! ;) She can't remember seeing a snake, dreaming about a snake or even shouting in the middle of the night! But it scared the crap out of me!

*sits back down*

it's good to get it off your chest.

;)

hmmmm.....have we met??? thought you looked familiar..........

sue
;) ;) ;)

tiredwithtwins Dec 17th 2003 8:00 pm

teehee, only kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once went out with a vet who used to dream he was giving cows their vaccs!! that was a lot of fun I can tell you......!!

sue:D :D :D

bondipom Dec 17th 2003 8:05 pm

Waking up in a cupboard is quite disturbing. The embarrassing one fir me was waking up in the corridor of the backpacker I was staying in without the keys. Thanks god I wore my boxers to bed!! Eventually I woke someone up in the dorm and tried to explain but he was not impressed.

scutterUK Dec 17th 2003 8:49 pm

Originally posted by bondipom
Waking up in a cupboard is quite disturbing. The embarrassing one fir me was waking up in the corridor of the backpacker I was staying in without the keys. Thanks god I wore my boxers to bed!! Eventually I woke someone up in the dorm and tried to explain but he was not impressed.

lol, nice one BP! i haven't done that one, well not yet. It could have been a lot worse..... :D

scutterUK Dec 17th 2003 8:51 pm

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
hmmmm.....have we met??? thought you looked familiar..........

sue
;) ;) ;)

trust me,... if you saw me walking round in the middle of the night you'd remember!! lol ;)

tiredwithtwins Dec 17th 2003 8:59 pm

trust me,... if you saw me walking round in the middle of the night you'd remember!! lol ;)

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

scutterUK Dec 17th 2003 9:09 pm

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

:D:D:D:D

bondipom Dec 17th 2003 9:13 pm

lol, nice one BP! i haven't done that one, well not yet. It could have been a lot worse..... :D
I sent Mrs BP your antics so she knows she is not the only sufferer of a sleep walking talking husband.

BTW to help prevent it I do not surf the web or watch TV for 30 mins before bed time. The more relaxed you are before bed the less likely the nocturnal disturbance.

tiredwithtwins Dec 17th 2003 9:15 pm

Originally posted by bondipom
I sent Mrs BP your antics so she knows she is not the only sufferer of a sleep walking talking husband.

BTW to help prevent it I do not surf the web or watch TV for 30 mins before bed time. The more relaxed you are before bed the less likely the nocturnal disturbance.

LOL!!
I always find avoiding cheese helps!! went through a phase of having cheese on toast for supper - god I slept awfully!!!

bondipom Dec 17th 2003 9:20 pm

LOL!!
I always find avoiding cheese helps!! went through a phase of having cheese on toast for supper - god I slept awfully!!!

You are right. There is something in cheese that makes you dream.